Need help from experienced editors

Nellyo

Reaction score
Right, I've been scowering the internet looking for explanations for my problem but still haven't come across the answers, so I've come to the point of asking for help on here. Hopefully someone will know what's up and will be able to help me out.

I'm no stranger to editing my fm, I've downloaded numerous skins and facepacks on numerous editions of fm and they've always worked. The most recent facepack I've downloaded was a cut-out one, simply because I wanted my fm to be totally consistent and as the default pictures are cut-out I wanted cut-out facepacks. I downloaded the superpacks and they work great, though there are individual signings that I've made who aren't in the superpacks or individual team packs. I tried to make my own cut-out facepacks. I followed the guide on this site, and looked at other guides on how to make them and it seemed pretty simple and how I'd expect it to having used downloaded facepacks. I made my own, getting a picture - cropping it to 140 x 180 pixels and cutting it out using photoshop. I saved it first to the folder of my chosen team in my fm09/graphics/facepacks/premierleague/team folder. I edited the config using the unique ID's as both the name of the file and the destination in the config. That didn't work. Instead of the picture it showed nothing. Not the default silhouette or anything.

I then downloaded another type of facepack which had the players I was after. I then edited the pictures on the facepack so they were of a cut-out style, meaning the config would stay the same and only the picture would differ. When saved as a png from photoshop it worked, giving me the image - but rather than being cut out, it showed the picture as a square with a white background. I had a look to see if it was because of photoshop and copied the image into microsoft paint, and saved over the original with the same image from paint. Now, when I went on FM (With the Reload Skin Confirm box ticked, and the Reload Skin Cache box unticked) the image wasn't there.

I'm really struggling and I'd be really grateful to anyone who could shed some light on this. I know this is a wordy explanation but I wanted to avoid any advise which wasn't necessary. If there's anyone who makes facepacks fairly regularly maybe you could give me a step by step way of doing it (if i can get the background colour to go from photoshop there'll be no problems) that would be great.

Cheers for reading anyway.

the same thing happend to me when i started making facepacks, but it was months ago now and i can't remember what i did to fix it, its very annoying when nothing atall is showing up, um, i was going to say maybe save the files as jpegs, but you've obviously tryed that and it didn't work, the best thing to use is the fmxml program because it creates the config for you with very little effort, if your already using that then sorry i just cant remember what i did to get it working