thelegend50

Reaction score
Im playing as Arsenal in my 1st season and i play an attacking formation..
i play with 4 defenders, 1 DM, 2 CM, AML and AMR, 1 ST

GK - Andre ter Stegen
LB - Gibbs
CB - Vermalen
CB - Mertersacker
RB - Sagna
DM - Song
CM - Arteta/Wilshere
CM - Ramsey/Wilshere
AML - Gervinho
AMR - Walcott
ST - Van Persie

This works perfectly against the lower/middle league teams, but when i come up against the man utd and chelseas of the world, i ship aload of goals without being able to make alot of chances..
If anyone could just give me an idea of what formation to go with against the big clubs, it would be much appreciated..

Thankyou

Dont concentrate on the formation, but instead on the approach within it. Its hard to say how you should tweak your tactic though if we have no idea how you play

Last edited:
well i usually play by getting the ball out wide and finding low crosses in to van persie, i also like to go attacking when on the counter attack

well i usually play by getting the ball out wide and finding low crosses in to van persie, i also like to go attacking when on the counter attack

I meant in terms of the settings. Fluid attack, rigid counter, hassle or standard off, any tweaks to the sliders Etc.

i play fluid, control, shorter passing, stand off, man marking and drill crossing..
i have the slider for defensive line a little bit to the right to make them higher uppp, time wasting sometimes and play counter attack yes

I would press them more and untick the counter box. This way, the bigger opponents Will have less time on the ball and you Will play more cautious, keepng the ball instead of attacking directly.

thankyou mate, ill give it a go, got man utd coming up so will see how it goes

Also, dont underestimate the possibility that your players cant handle the pressure in big games, important matches.