Neil Warnock sacked as QPR boss

GodCubed

Mod-ern Day Legend
Reaction score
Neil Warnock has been sacked as Queens Park Rangers boss.

The 63-year-old was under mounting pressure to halt the decline at Loftus Road as fears grow over being sucked into the relegation dogfight. QPR sit just one point above the drop zone after taking just 17 points from their opening 20 Barclays Premier League matches. They have lost six and drawn two of their last eight league matches.

Owner Tony Fernandes is keen to invest news players during the transfer window and earlier this week denied that Warnock was on his way out.

But the manager's position was increasingly unstable as the club's make some critical decisions. Fernandes was worried over the quality of the signings made towards the end of the summer transfer window.

QPR sack Neil Warnock | Mail Online

---------------------------------------------------------------

Well that's a shock. Warnock before Kean? Can't help thinking this is a bit knee-jerk by Fernandes. Thoughts?​

Wtf. Out of nowhere, I thought he was doing alright? As long as they've got a caretaker manager when we play them it's fine, I don't want to play a resurging QPR

What the ****? Seriously. When I saw the title I thought it was a story title. This is a major knee jerk. There's still 18 games to go for crying out loud. Can't believe it. Yeah it's 1 point above the zone, but there's still 54 points to play for. Absolutely stupid decision tbh

Surprising. Though he was doing well and with few buys he could have kept them in league. Replacement would be very interesting, if they hire Hughes then they will also have to deal with Virus Kia. On the other hand Bruce should stay away for sometime before returning.

But looks like it will be either Hughes or Bruce.

And also **** this, one more loan move for Macheda is wasted now.

Surprising. Though he was doing well and with few buys he could have kept them in league. Replacement would be very interesting, if they hire Hughes then they will also have to deal with Virus Kia. On the other hand Bruce should stay away for sometime before returning.

But looks like it will be either Hughes or Bruce.

My money's on Bruce to take over

1 point from 8 games isn't good but a harsh decision I suppose. Hughes would be a good appoitment

1 point from 8 games isn't good but a harsh decision I suppose. Hughes would be a good appoitment

That's what I don't get though. He got QPR up, wasn't doing too bad. But Kean had a worse run-yeah things have improved slightly, but still. And by the sounds of it, QPR fans are livid. Find this interesting though as a dig at the previous owners:

"My biggest regret is that the takeover didn't happen earlier, because that would have given me the opportunity to bring in the targets I'd pinpointed all last summer and probably given us a better chance to succeed in the Premier League."

Last edited:
what a stupid decision warnock was doing well at qpr come on they arent gonna be title chasers in their first season up would have thought kean would have gone first

Knee-Jerk decision by Fernandes, for most of the summer Warnock was not able to pursue the players he wanted due to the QPR board and Fernandes took over QPR quite later in the summer meaning that Warnock did not have time to get all the players he wanted in...

Fernandes should have backed Warnock in the January Transfer window with money and given him more time instead of letting him go without even allowing him to build the team the way he wanted

New rich owner comes and does what he wants and most importantly what he thinks is best for the club.

I can see him firing a lot of managers if they dont do well.

All that^ sounds familiar? Yes, look at us. We are still livid for having axed Jose and Carlo after that. Not saying we are not happy with our current manager, we are. but changes must happen if there is a possibility of a club going down, in this case - relegation.

Good absolutely hate the man, thinks everything and everyone is against him and his clubs.

Good absolutely hate the man, thinks everything and everyone is against him and his clubs.

Well the previous board were a bunch of arses tbf. They were just an absolute joke and a disgrace to the club

^ (no not that one) This. I'd also love it if Hughes took the job, a nice club to match his ambitions! Even better if he'd go down with them.

Following Fernandes tweets, looks like very level headed Owner with proper plan. Will be interesting half season for them.

Well the previous board were a bunch of arses tbf. They were just an absolute joke and a disgrace to the club

Exactly, you cant expect any manager to keep his club in the top-flight if he was being forced to roam around with a begging bowl most of the summer, Warnock was doing the best he can and I was honestly hoping to see him being backed with money in January

Only won 1 home game all season and that was against 9 men chelsea not that much of a suprise if you think of it. And maybe the owner wants to see if someone new like Hughes etc can keep them up.

real shame. but i did see that coming after the chairman said to the media about not making transfer in this window.