Status
Not open for further replies.

dani3w

Reaction score
Neville's Return Begins At The Lactics!
Wigan%20Badge.png

Wigan are to date the youngest side in the English Premier League having been founded in 1932. They were promoted into the Premier League when they won the Coca Cola Championship back in 2005 and have since stayed fighting in the Premier League! This is their only stint in this league and they are trying to make it continue for longer! They play at the DW Stadium which they now share with their Rugby team! Wigan are close rivals with Bolton FC and whenever the two of them meet you can always bet for a feisty affair!

Martinez Shown The Door!
Roberto-Martinez-001.jpg

After finishing 16th last season Roberto Martinez has been shown the door out of Wigan and will not be coming back! Chairman Dave Whelan said that Roberto Martinez's time had come and Wigan needed a new face to take them forward! Upon hearing Gary Nevilles retirement from football. Whelan who is good friends with Gary Neville has already approached the 38 year old Englishmen over a 2 year deal at the club!
dw-stadium.jpg

Great opening post buddy, you've got a follower in me :)

p.s done an update on mine :D

Thanks Guys :) always count on you three :D followers from the start :D

Neville Set To Overlook Changes!
Gary Neville was present alongside Dave Whelan today at the press conference at the DW Stadium to confirm his appointment! Here's what he had to say:

gary_neville_788324c.jpg

BBC: You sit here today as manager of Wigan, after such a short time out, would you consider this a dream job?

Gary: Well I'm delighted to be hired here that's for sure! Obviously Manchester United would be the dream but I will give Wigan fans 100%!

Sky Sports: Are you going to be selling a lot of players in order to make some money available?

Gary: Well Dave has already told me I have £1.5million to spend plus whatever I make on transfers! So it's fair to say some faces will be leaving.

Sunday Mirror: How involved will you be following your recent football retirement?

Gary: I aim to be involved as much as I can! will probably train with the lads most weeks as well! I'm here to enjoy it!

The Sun: N'Zogbia is wanted by many different clubs, in a time where you need money, would you consider selling him?

Gary: Last question, I don't want to sale N'Zogbia, if he comes to me requesting to leave then I will allow him to go! But until then he is settled and happy player for Wigan! Thank you for your question, I will chat to you soon!

article-1249160-0836A77D000005DC-659_468x286.jpg

Gary Neville was quick to exit the DW Stadium as he was eager to go and meet up with his new team and back room staff to discuss the plans for the season coming and their long term goals!

Nice update buddy, shame Nev has a terrible car :D haha

Neville Meets The Team...
5083795193_964616213a.jpg

Gary Neville turned up at Wigan Athletics training ground just an hour after his first interview to meet and greet his players! To his delight assistant manager Graeme Jones had already began a training session to check fitness levels of the team after their summer break! Once their training was over, Neville gathered the players in to talk to them about the season ahead! and who he wanted to stay and who was set to leave! Neville also explained to the team how they were about to play each other in a pre season friendly so he could complete a full examination of the squad in a couple of hours time!

Wigan 3 - 0 Wigan Reserves
Di Santo (8, 52) Lewis (Og.90)
Wigan looked keen to impress new manager Gary Neville in this game which was played behind closed doors! This stopped the fans enjoying the game with only a couple of media sources about to report! Franco Di Santo made an immediate impression on Neville as he scored within 8minutes from 27yards! Wigan kept on pressing forward and looked good and they grabbed their second after 52 minutes as Di Santo scored again! Good work my Wigan defence kept their reserves out and a winding run by Rodallega ended up with Lewis placing the ball past his own keeper! Wigan had done enough to impress their new man!

disanto_2508377.jpg

(Di Santo Shows Signs Of Being A Top Asset To The Club!)

Thanks Eddy, FmRascal, FmGod and Streaky for following from this early stage :) your comments haven't gone unnoticed! :)

Last edited:
great update buddy,

if your loving wigan I wouldn't check my latest update lol!!!

record win for united :S

Neville Recieves Bids For Pollitt And Moses...
Pollitt1_2503380.jpg
Moses_2503437.jpg

Wigan goalkeeper Mike Pollitt and striker Victor Moses both look set to leave the DW shortly after Gary Neville took over as manager! He immediately transfer listed the pair so he could get some money in for future transfers! He said that it's not that these two players won't fit in, We need to clear some space and they have seemed the weak link out at training!

Dida To The Dw Stadium...?
dida_2473352.jpg

Ex AC Milan goalkeeping legend Dida has been linked with a free transfer to the DW stadium to finish his career! Since leaving AC Milan in the summer Dida's career looked over but Neville has offered him a life line with a 2 year contract to play in goal for their side! With Mike Pollitts departure Imminent, Dida could become number 1 at the Dw Stadium!

portobadge.gif

Porto 1 - 1 Wigan
Rolando (62) - Di Santo (32)
Manager Gary Neville revealed he told his squad to enjoy this game as if they were on a summers beach with their kids! He wasn't expecting anything but his lads truly showed up as Franco Di Santo scored again to give Wigan the lead and Di Santo his third goal in two friendlies! After swapping the line up at half time Wigan conceded from a header latched onto a free kick! Wigan and Neville will be proud of this result whilst they fly back home to continue their training routine!
02cae71773f7319c61d1814f3de5dff7.jpg

(Di Santo Scores His Third Goal In Two Friendlies As He Keeps Impressing!)

Great update mate, what a result against Porto lol!! I know it's only pre season but still.

p.s take a look at new Arsenal manager :)

Nice car Neville XD
Looks good, check out mine when you have time mate ;)

Pollitts Gone...!
Pollitt1_2503380.jpg

It has been confirmed today by Gary Neville that Mike Pollitt has left Wigan Athlete this morning and has found himself going to League One side Southampton where he is likely to become number one! The deal for the Goalkeeper is thought to be around £875k which will all be boosted back into the transfer budget as promised by Dave Whelan! At the same time Neville confirmed that wanted midfielder Mohamed Diame has signed a new 4 year deal worth £6Million! He was wanted by Aston Villa, Werder Breman and Valencia but has committed his future to Wigan with his signature!

256v1ab.png

Leixoes 1 - 3 Wigan
Silva (5) - Cleverley (21) N'Zogbia (33) Di Santo (43)
Wigan faced their third friendly in six days since Nevilles appointment as he wanted to get his team in good shape before the season started! This time they travelled to Portugal to face Leixoes! Leixoes found themselves 1-0 after 5minutes against the run of play! But the scores soon switched as Wigan began to dominate! Cleverley scored a wonderful solo effort after 21minutes and then N'Zogbia fired into an empty goal after good work from Di Santo! Who scored the third goal for Wigan before half time as they wrapped up a 3-1 win! They kept the shots up in the second half but Leixoes keeper combined with some poor shooting stopped the scoreline going any higher!
cleverley-main-91844124.jpg

(Rodellega Celebrates Tom Cleverley's Goal For Wigan!)

Thats me done for the night guys! Thanks Eddy, Fmgod, Fmrascal, streaky and Sidgurung for your comments tonight! I haven't missed them so thank you all for following at the early stages :D Appreciated comments! Updates will begin tomorroaw about 1:30pm :D

Last edited:
Another good update buddy Tom Cleverley is a fantastic player :D

Status
Not open for further replies.