MnichQT

Reaction score
I'd like to ask if there is good tactic (or managable to make one) : 4-2-3-1 with 2 playmakers in middle. Would like to use 3 the best midfielders of teams without forcing them to play unusual role or position for them. Good example of clubs with this problem are Arsenal and Real - for example - would like to use Kroos & Modric as some kind of playmakers + James behind striker or Wilshere & Ramsey and Ozil behind striker. Another bonus thing in this tactic would be possibility to use any kind of striker and freedom to change role of him depending on his characteristics - good example here again is Real - obviously puting in Chicharito for Benzema isn't change 1:1.

I'd like to ask if there is good tactic (or managable to make one) : 4-2-3-1 with 2 playmakers in middle. Would like to use 3 the best midfielders of teams without forcing them to play unusual role or position for them. Good example of clubs with this problem are Arsenal and Real - for example - would like to use Kroos & Modric as some kind of playmakers + James behind striker or Wilshere & Ramsey and Ozil behind striker. Another bonus thing in this tactic would be possibility to use any kind of striker and freedom to change role of him depending on his characteristics - good example here again is Real - obviously puting in Chicharito for Benzema isn't change 1:1.
If you're looking for a tactic, this is where you should post: What tactic should I use on FM 15?

Well, you need one player that creates chances, one to protect defence, one to link up play and one to win back possession. A CMd and APs would make an essential midfield duo for doing all 4 duties, or a DLP and BWM combo. You will need some sort of triangle if you need another playmaker. Perhaps a DLPd plus BWMd and APa would suit your needs? In a fluid team shape, that could work.

I've got a good tactic that uses 4-2-3-1 no CDMs. Averaged 5 goals a game with Sporting Lisbon, my wingers scored a ridiculous amount of goals.

I've got a good tactic that uses 4-2-3-1 no CDMs. Averaged 5 goals a game with Sporting Lisbon, my wingers scored a ridiculous amount of goals.

What roles are CMs and striker? Can you fit any striker in it? Perhaps change role of striker depending on his characterstics without destroying rest of tactic?

Why no DMS? its fun to play with DMs.. :)
Sell some playmakers and by some defensive rocks
4-2-3-1 should actually be played with DMs, it can make it very solid in defence

In reality, its played more with DMs

Why no DMS? its fun to play with DMs.. :)
Sell some playmakers and by some defensive rocks
4-2-3-1 should actually be played with DMs, it can make it very solid in defence

In reality, its played more with DMs

This was not about the best results, just wanted play 4fun with all best players without sacrificing anyone, in good position & role for them :D

Last edited:
This was not about the best results, just wanted play 4fun with all best players without sacrificing anyone, in good position & role for them :D

You can, but if you don't want to get countered, you should be the one doing countering

i play with a deep lying playmer support and a centre mid automatic combo. works a treat for me.