Problem Draw / I hope that's not a bug!!!!

Sparacello

Reaction score
Good evening,
I'd like to share with you what happened to me while playing FM 2020. I had just started a career with Teramo in the C series. Everything was quiet until I arrived at the end of July and the first round of the Serie C Italian Cup was drawn. My team is included in the group with Ternana and Pianese. At that point, I'm about to play my first match against Pianese and the power goes out. Ingenuously I hadn't saved the match and I had to start all over again. All right, I thought, not bad, I only lost a month of play. I start all over again, I arrive again at the end of July and when the first round of the Italian Cup is drawn again, my team starts again with Pianese and Ternana! At that point, I thought, it must have been a coincidence. I start all over again and... usual problem! First round of the Italian Cup always with Ternana and Pianese! How is it possible? This problem, however, does not occur with the calendar of the Serie C Championship which, fortunately, is always drawn randomly. The problem of the draw always identical of the first round of Serie C Italian Cup is not the only one unfortunately. The same thing occurs for some market movements made by IA. For example Reggina always hires Cacia from Piacenza, Ivan Speranza (released) is always hired by Imola despite I tried to catch him too. Ultimately, what I'm trying to say, is that it already seems all written! If so, there would be no point in playing anymore. Excuse the outburst, but I love this game too much to think things like that could happen. If it's a bug, please report it! I can assure you that in previous versions of the game, these situations did not occur. I look forward to your comments. Thank you.

Might be you are using the real life fixtures in your save first season. In which case , my understanding is, you will get the same first round draw as per IRL

Okay, thank you, so you're telling me that from sophomore year the draw will all be random if I try to restart them?

If you restart and disable the option for using real fixtures then it will be random from the start, continue as you are and it will be random from the next round in the cup.

I understand what you're telling me, but I'm saying something else, try it and you'll see...
If you start the season without the real calendar, when there are draws save the game the day before, and then you draw again, you'll always see the same teams in the same round.