jonts09

Reaction score
Funny I see 2 arsenal threads before me, anyways, I've got a pretty changed up squad so I guess I'll ask.

Here are the men I bought on the first transfer window. Fellaini is joining me on January 1

View attachment 286599

I've been trying to play these tactics as my own

View attachment 286596View attachment 286598

As for my tactic making skills, theyre close to none, I've been using premade tactics since I started playing last year, FM12.

Any suggestions on how to better use my players? Also, I'm buying into the being a more active manager in this year's game. Im open to changing/tweaking things mid-game to get results. I just need guidance on the right path lol.

Why not start with the most simple Of tactics, à 442 or à 441. Use à Balanced Counter, Standard and an Attack.
Keep the team settings on default and use shouts.

- exploit flanks

Or retain possession

Or get ball forward

.. And then watch the game closely. What happends if you use Counter and get ball forward against à team sitting deep, or against a team pushing up. What happends if you play Attack and retain against the same . Etc etc

How do you normally break a team with 2 defensive midfielders?

How do you normally break a team with 2 defensive midfielders?

I usually try to Overload and exploit the flanks, at the same time having one FC dropping deep(like à TQ) and one Stretching the defence( advanced FC) and one MC pushing up to create movement in the middle. I would use Wide Midfielders and Wingbacks rather than wingers and fullbacks as t-balls are preferred over crosses here.

gonna try out the 4411 have Giroud and Isco man the front, Gotze and Walcott/Ox the wide midfields, Wilshere and Arteta/Carzola the CMs. Then just adjust when Fellaini joins in January. Trying out Overload and exploit wings now. Will give you feedback :)

played two games now, 4411, lost twice, 2-1 with a Laurent Koscielny own goal on both games lol

games were against Sunderland and Reading. Next game will be against Man Utd XD

Last edited:
Got totally beat by Man Utd. I've been tweaking my tactics little by little.
Im just really having a hard time against teams with a 4231 formation like what Man Utd had.

Any tips for that?

You missunderstood me. Dont use the Strategy Overload. I meant use the shouts " play wider, exploit flanks, use overlaps :), all within the Strategy you are using.