Status
Not open for further replies.

tomfmlfc

Reaction score
Every time they release a FM beta we always have the same stupid mistake of the goalkeeper hitting it long even after you tell him to play it short and from the back, just lost 2-0 and both goals came down to this stupid **** up, really ****** me off.

I noticed this as well. This is the first time i have had an early release of the game. I haven't really been getting frustrated by it but it doe's hinder me when trying to create possession tactics.

Heh, at least your goalkeeper didn't take a short freekick near the cornerflag to the opposition striker...

Heh, at least your goalkeeper didn't take a short freekick near the cornerflag to the opposition striker...

My defender made a 5 yard back pass and my goalkeeper ran pass the ball and it went in lol..

i had a similar issue with my goal keeper not playing it short to defenders when watching the highlights, however post match analysis showed approx 50% of passes were short whilst playing with limited defenders across whole of back line.

Now just have 1 limited centre back 2 full backs and a ball playing centre back and gk plays approx 80% of passes short to defenders. i assume that if you set defenders to limited they will not show to receive the ball short, forcing the gk to play it long.

Not sure if this applies to your set-up, just an observation from my experience so far

As an answer to " why oh why" it's because ITS a BETA for those willing to test the game for SI.

Status
Not open for further replies.