Next England Manger Will Be English

Cal.

≡
Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8915481.stm

England boss Fabio Capello's successor will be an Englishman, the Football Association has pledged.
The Italian's contract runs until 2012, although he remains under pressure after England's poor World Cup.
"We are working on the basis that Fabio will be with us until 2012," the FA's Adrian Bevington told BBC 5 live.
"The view beyond that, based on the discussions I've been involved in, is that we should have an English manager after that."

Not a good time to announce this, could have at least waited until he was on his way out, unless this is to further pressure Capello in the hopes that he walks...

I've already put £50 on it being Stuart Pearce

Martin O Neill anyone...

I've already put £50 on it being Stuart Pearce

Good shout, but it's in 2 years time (probably) so a bit early perhaps? An English manager might do really well at his club, like Woy Hodgson.. still you may well be right.

I think the two biggest contenders, o'neill (yes he's irish but i think they would accept him) and hodgson, both play a "boring" 4-4-2 system. But the public would accept them.

this is a re hashed story, they already said this right after the world cup. the new coach that capello is looking to bring in will be in the running to take over from capello, alongside pearce.

Aslong as it's not Sam Allardyce I really dont care who it is. Would like to see Pearce get it though.

The same David Beckham who said he had no ambition about becoming a manager?
That was before Capello broke his heart the other day
I honestly think beckham will be back, maybe to challenge Capello. England means the world to Beckham, and every fan would give him a shot.

I think the two biggest contenders, o'neill (yes he's irish but i think they would accept him) and hodgson, both play a "boring" 4-4-2 system. But the public would accept them.
i wouldnt accept it. i would ******* hate it. and it would almost stop me watching england because it would effectively mean we fired a better coach simply because he wasnt english

Stuart Pearce, David Beckham Assistant/U-21 Coach?

Stuart Pearce, David Beckham Assistant/U-21 Coach?
not sure about beckham, since he said he didnt want to go into management, but he loves everything about the national side, can see him changing his mind