NextGen Series 2012/13

puckinfissed

Reaction score
I know this doesn't just involve English clubs, but as there is an English team in every group I'll post it here.

There are 9 new clubs that signed up for the tournament after it proved a major success in its first season.

The 9 new clubs taking part are:
Arsenal, Athletic Bilbao, CSKA Moscow, Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus, Olympiakos, Anderlecht, Borussia Dortmund.

Only FC Basel dropped out from last season.

The six groups for the NextGen Series 2012/13 are:

Group One - Barcelona, Tottenham Hotspur, Olympiakos, Wolfsburg.

Group Two - Manchester City, Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Fenerbahce.

Group Three - Chelsea, Ajax, CSKA Moscow, Molde.

Group Four - Arsenal, Athletic Bilbao, Marseille, Anderlecht.

Group Five - Liverpool, Borussia Dortmund, Inter Milan, Rosenborg.

Group Six - Sporting Lisbon, Celtic, Aston Villa, PSV.

This should be interesting, last season Inter Milan won the tournament beating Ajax in the final. As of now teams are picked through invitation only.
There is no Real Madrid, Man Utd, Bayern Munich or AC Milan but can only see this competition getting bigger.

Last edited:
Looking forward to this, we seems to be producing some great young lads so will be interesting to see how they do with the rest of Europe's.

Enjoyed what I saw from last seasons tournament. Especially the Liverpool games against Sporting, we were just outclassed.

Only English clubs passed? Or how come you are only bolding the English ones?

Should this NextGen thing be included in Football Manager?

Should this NextGen thing be included in Football Manager?

Yep it already is, think it's called U19 Champions Cup. Should get more exposure on FM though, if you didn't look for it you wouldn't know it's there

Yep it already is, think it's called U19 Champions Cup. Should get more exposure on FM though, if you didn't look for it you wouldn't know it's there

Tbh, i only realized it late that the U19 Champions league is the Nextgen series in FM. What really surprised me was when i started seeing my reserve team playing in Europe, and i was like wtf !.

But im really surprised Man United arent there. and i think the qualifications are based on reserve league table, like in FM

Think we are going to get ****** by the Ajax Youth but will make it through to the knock-out stages. It will be very interesting to see how Chelsea do. We got a good group of youngsters coming through and this gives us the opportunity to measure them against possibly the best prospects in Europe

I say this based on historical perceptions... Think it will be a Ajax vs Barcelona Final

SAF said that he wasn't impressed with the quality of football in the tournament so United haven't accepted the invitation.

SAF said that he wasn't impressed with the quality of football in the tournament so United haven't accepted the invitation.

Really? I would have thought it would be better quality football than the Youth League/FA Youth Cup... Never saw the NextGen series so can't really comment but perhaps the quality of football will become better with the new teams added.

SAF being harsh imo as it was only the first year for this competition and it was probably still finding its feet.

I don't see how your youth teams going up against the best youth teams in Europe and in the European environment would ever be considered unimpressive. If anything it will give them European experience for the Champions League.

Its still a new competition in progress. maybe we might see Man United in like 2-3 years