Nigeria v S. Korea, BBC 3, 1930 GMT

StuW

Why So Serious?
Reaction score
200px-2010_FIFA_World_Cup_logo.svg.png

Nigeriaqs4.png
100px-Emblem_of_Korea_Football_Association.svg.png

Predictions and Discussion regarding the Nigeria & South Korea game here.

To qualify tonight South Korea must better whatever Greece do against Argentina.

TEAM NEWS
Nigeria could be without a recognised left-back for Tuesday's game. Taye Taiwo is doubtful with a groin injury and deputy Uwa Echiejile is also struggling.

If both defenders are unavailable, coach Lars Lagerback may have to reshuffle his defence. Midfielder Sani Kaita is suspended following his sending off against Greece.

South Korea are expected to again opt for a 4-2-3-1 formation. Monaco's Park Chu-young will start as a lone striker, with Manchester United's Park Ji-sung providing support from midfield.

One booking from suspension: Haruna, Obasi Ogbuke (Nigeria); Yeom Ki-hun, Lee Chung-yong (South Korea)

HEAD-TO-HEAD
South Korea are unbeaten in three previous games against Nigeria, winning two of those matches. All three encounters were friendlies played in Korea.

Referee: Olegario Benquerenca (Portugal)
Assistants: Jose Cardinal and Bertino Miranda (both Portugal)
Fourth official: Marco Rodriguez (Mexico)

I predict a 1-0 win for South Korea, will be a close game, but Nigeria have nothing to play for other than pride.​

Last edited:
1-1

Haruna to get sent off. :)

Nigeria 0-1 South Korea. Park to score and dedicate the goal to the French captian as they will be out of world cup.

I can only see Korea winning TBH, Nigeria have nothing to play for, whereas Korea can qualify with a win.

oh my god whoever is watching argentina has just missed the miss off the world cup haha. yakubu open goal from about 3 yards he put it wide what a **** so funny.

Penalty!!!!!! Yakubu is having it!!!! he is pretty poor at them

goal lol couldnt score from 3 yards without a keeper but can from 12yards with a keeper.

game on

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

danny shittu just nearly scored one off the best own goals lol. this game is pretty decent.

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

enyeama looks the part in all yellow its a nice touch.

Some astounding misses in this game. Nigeria should have won...

Football's a funny old game.

One of the worst misses I've seen from Yakubu.

That happens about 1/1000 times and unfortunely for him it happened today.
(Not that he will get 1000 open goals)