wayupna

Reaction score
Started a new game at Leek Town after my last one corrupted on me.

So FM12 is my big challenge on taking my fav non-league side to the big time, and after just 2 games my job was made harder when my Gk who was on a non contract basis just left to go to Grays, my RB also did the same going to Halesowen !!!

My wage budget is just £675 and this was already taken up when i took over and i cant afford to let the big earners go, so to say that this will be a challenge is summit else.

I had improved my Gk's non contract as well but they must have made a much better offer.

At the end of the day, you are playing in the 'Evo Stik' league. Your players will probably be on semi-professional or amateur contracts and can usually move when they want. You'll just have to build a shortlist of replacements and stick with it. Good luck!

could try asking the board to hold a trial day-see if anything comes out of that

Cheers for the replies guys...

They are all as good as on amature non contracts (pay as you play) i just didn't realise how easy it would be for me to loose my best players...

ajt we did hold a trial day but nothing was really on show to be fair, but i have a superb shortlist for this level from when i played down here in FM11, so working off that at the moment.

But i can see me not having a consistent side and that worries me as i feel that what i will need to get out of this league.

Cheers for the replies guys...

They are all as good as on amature non contracts (pay as you play) i just didn't realise how easy it would be for me to loose my best players...

ajt we did hold a trial day but nothing was really on show to be fair, but i have a superb shortlist for this level from when i played down here in FM11, so working off that at the moment.

But i can see me not having a consistent side and that worries me as i feel that what i will need to get out of this league.

I know what it's like to be honest. I created a local team in FM 11 (based in Ashington as its local(ish) and lived there a fair while), and I was having a weston-super losing players all the time. Stick at it though-I just kept plugging away and before long was in the Blue Square leagues. It's a real challenge-but if you stick at it it's very rewarding. Good luck :)

aaaa

I just started playing FM a few months ago, so take this for what it is worth. I started in the Belgian 4th division ("3B" as it is called) with a full amateur club. No transfer budget, no wage budget. Three teams: senior, U-21 and U-19. In two seasons I have signed over 90 players, ending up with about 26 each at each level. Does not cost a penny, so you might as well sign as many as you can and see who will sort out. ;-)

-----

p.s. In WYSIWYG mode, I can't see a cursor when I type in the message box. :-(