No way of improving 'Youth Recruitment'!

howardrocket

Reaction score
So I am into my fifth season with Norwich City, stable in the Premiership. Since the first season, I have interacted with the board to attempt to improve the youth recruitment. I have requested this every two/three months for four whole seasons now and every time I make a request, the ONLY two options I have are;

'We should cut back on our youth recruitment as the money would be better spent in other areas'

or

'We should cut back on our youth recruitment as there is too much competition in our area to be able to attract players good enough for our team'

When I go into Norwich City 'facilities' our 'Youth Recruitment' is listed as, 'above average youth recruitment'. So clearly there is a lot of room for improvement.

Has anyone else had this problem before... I am playing on the latest update, so perhaps it is a bug?

Any ideas on how I can get round this problem guys?

Thanks

you can't improve the youth recruitment. it's the same for me. I think the only possibility is to improve the youth facilities

Are there any reasons why you cannot improve the youth recruitment? It is all well and good improving the youth facilities, but having no half decent youth players to fill the youth team with just sucks!

What youth facilities do you have? Maybe improving them opens up the ability to improve your recruitment?.. Or maybe increasing your spent on junior coaching?

England hardly produces regens of high amazing quality like france,brazil and argentina do.Improve your facilities and find better scouts.

My youth facilities have just been upgraded to 'excellent youth facilities' but I still have the same problem. Upgrading them again, so just have to hope the upgrade will help with the problem.

I would look elsewhere for talent, but at the moment my Norwich squad have and still are very English based and Im hoping to continue with that. Plus I dont really have the funding to bring in foreign talent.

In my experience improving recruitment network seems to be strongly related to club reputation. Board will consider upgrades only if your club improves reputation, not only finances.

In my experience with a lower league club I managed to upgrade recruitment network from basic to well established in 8-9 years, and every upgrade came only after significative rep improvements (ie promotion to next tier; qualifying for Europa League, qualifying for CL, winning CL, winning club world cup).

I have to say youth intakes have always been quite respectable for us even in first years, though now we are truly an elite football academy :)