North Korea attacks South Korea.

Hardly "shocking" news, but not great stuff nonetheless. If it does escalate into a conflict, as you stated European countries will get involved, whether militarily or otherwise. The USA will definitely get stuck in. Either way, Russia won't support North Korea as openly as in the past, if indeed at all, which is a bonus.

Damnit. Just wish they would stop fighting, like brother and sister.

Hardly "shocking" news, but not great stuff nonetheless. If it does escalate into a conflict, as you stated European countries will get involved, whether militarily or otherwise. The USA will definitely get stuck in. Either way, Russia won't support North Korea as openly as in the past, if indeed at all, which is a bonus.

Hours after North Korea's deadly artillery attacks Tuesday

Does that not already count as conflict? oO)

No. It counts as a skirmish, nothing more. These skirmishes have been going on for months now, but I meant a full escalation into large-scale warfare.

North Korea is mental. They've actually completely brainwashed the country to believe they're one of the best and richest countries in the world.

One of the few times where this could be said, but their leader has terminal cancer, which can only be good for the world :S Unfortunately, I do believe his son is as, if not more crazy than his father.

No. It counts as a skirmish, nothing more. These skirmishes have been going on for months now, but I meant a full escalation into large-scale warfare.

And it won't end up that way. North Korea have no notible allies, so to risk a possible conflict with the USA and many European nations would be foolish.

don't worry there will be no war n.korea might have all these tanks but they barely have no fuel and there contry will rot because the only reason everyone in n.korea isnt starving is due to aid from the south and yes the us will get stuck in, so that means britain as the us's bumbuddys we'll get stuck in but don't worry theres no world war 3

I guess the word conflict can be taken in a couple of ways, to me Conflict simply means severe disharmony between two parties but I guess it could be more serious than that.

don't worry there will be no war n.korea might have all these tanks but they barely have no fuel and there contry will rot because the only reason everyone in n.korea isnt starving is due to aid from the south and yes the us will get stuck in, so that means britain as the us's bumbuddys we'll get stuck in but don't worry theres no world war 3

Their military is weak, but they spend everything they have on it. If they can afford to build nuclear missiles they can afford fuel for tanks. And you underestimate them if you think they wouldn't cause a war with the South just because they aid them. (As crazy as it sounds)

Well of course the US would back S.Korea, they've been a military alliance since the 'end' of the Korean war.

Not necessarily. There have been attacks (mostly eminating from the North) sporadically since fighting officially ceased, though a peace treaty was never signed between the two. As attacks go, the South Korean patrol vessel which sank in march was an even more shocking act, despite the North claiming they had no involvement.

It's odd, it wasn't too long ago people were predicting North Korea would open up to the world and slowly embrace capitalism akin to China in the past twenty years.

And it won't end up that way. North Korea have no notible allies, so to risk a possible conflict with the USA and many European nations would be foolish.

You have seen their leader right? I honestly wouldn't put anything past Kim Jong-Il. I'd give you short odds on him declaring war on Fern Britton and challenging her to a duel using only cigars.

Don't be so sure, China supports them, from what I heard and this rumour seems to be very true.

Anyone actually find this slightly worrying? N Korea+nuclear weapons=end of the world...

Anyone actually find this slightly worrying? N Korea+nuclear weapons=end of the world...

Desperately worrying. Hopefully, they A) Don't have enough nukes to kill everyone and B) underestimate the power of our missile defence systems.