Reaction score
In these threads you guys are talking about managing lower league teams but you are not doing LLM which is managing a team with as much realism as possible which includes not asking for tips using genie scout/FMRTE, only using your scouts/coaches to find players and starting in the lowest possible division with your rep set to sunday league.

I know you will moan at this post but hey the "LLM" tag on here annoys me!!

We have a small but hardcore LLM community on FM Base, and as true LLM requires as much realism as possible they don't actually post that much or talk about tips etc.

I have made the LLM Help thread for newer players to the more realistic version of the game, in the hope that the few members we have who play LLM in the most realistic style will post some hints and tips to help others on the way to success.

Most of the posts talking about LLM are not referring to true LLM, but please don't get annoyed about it... oO)

what and YOU are playing with realism, im guessing from your name you play with liverpool or everton or a big team in the prem and you probably know about the players at your club and who you have brought and sold through the media and tv whereas llm buy and sell players because of their stats and potential and things like that.

So i would say llm play with more realism than people like you.

what and YOU are playing with realism, im guessing from your name you play with liverpool or everton or a big team in the prem and you probably know about the players at your club and who you have brought and sold through the media and tv whereas llm buy and sell players because of their stats and potential and things like that.

So i would say llm play with more realism than people like you.

Judging someone by their username? How on Earth can you deduce any of the points you have made? You have totally made them up.

I disagree scousemousecol. LLM is exactly that, lower league management. As long as your are managing a team in 3rd division or lower that is LLM. It is completely up to the player how difficult they want to make the game for themselves in terms of rules ect.

It depends how much of a challenge YOU want. If someone just wants to manage a team in a lower league, they can. If someone wants to play with a mass of realism, then can. If you buy the game you can do what you want with it. I manage LLM myself, often abroad in European lower leagues, rep as a semi-pro footballer, and generally enjoy those games.

I disagree scousemousecol. LLM is exactly that, lower league management. As long as your are managing a team in 3rd division or lower that is LLM. It is completely up to the player how difficult they want to make the game for themselves in terms of rules ect.

The traditional definition for LLM in the CM/FM series is:

Starting with sunday league experience
Managing in as low a league as possible
Not using any exploits to generate money unrealistically
Not using any cheat programs Genie, FMRTE etc
Using your own (non exploitative) tactics
Not taking tips on players from other people
No Reunion players, or similar

The term LLM now often gets banded onto save files that are simply just managing in a lower leauge, in terms of the FM community, this is technically incorrect.

Last edited:
The traditional definition for LLM in the CM/FM series is:

Starting with sunday league experience
Managing in as low a league as possible
Not using any exploits to generate money unrealistically
Not using any cheat programs Genie, FMRTE etc
Using your own (non exploitative) tactics
Not taking tips on players from other people
No Reunion players, or similar

The term LLM now often gets banded onto save files that are simply just managing in a lower leauge, in terms of the FM community, this is technically incorrect.
Well, you learn something new everyday ;)

I do most, if not all, of those rules when I play LLM. I have a self imposed rule about foreign players - at all times foreign players must make up no more than 50% of my squad. Stops me spamming foreign players to go up leagues stupidly fast.

What is the policy on searching for players? scousemousecol says you are not supposed to use search functions at all in LLM and can only use scouts and their own knowledge to find players. That sounds a bit too hardcore for me... :p

Edit: What do you mean by Reunion players?

Last edited:
Using players from the nation of Reunion has been a known exploit for the last few editions of FM.

They hold French passports so don't need a work permit. They will join almost any club of any reputation and in almost any league, for next to no money in wages also. Nearly all of them are good enough to hold their own in league 2, meaning they absolutely dominate the BSN for example.

The don't use player search function is, i suppose, for the ultimate hardcore. But in real life you arent able to type a players name and find him on a DB, or search that DB for players under 24 with 18 pace who are worth less than 20k are you? :)

Last edited:
The don't use player search function is, i suppose, for the ultimate hardcore. But in real life you arent able to type a players name and find him on a DB, or search that DB for players under 24 with 18 pace who are worth less than 20k are you? :)

I suppose. But I see the search function as an implementation of your clubs knowledge as a result of your scouts and coaches. Perhaps in a future version of FM there won't be a search function at all and it will be completely replace with conversations with your scouts - sort of like we see being introduced in FM11, albeit, far more complex.

I have never heard or the Reunion player exploit. Second thing I learned from you today . I'm on fire :p

BTW I sent you a PM a while ago. Did you get it? Or was it consumed by the interwebz? ;)

Last edited:
Yes im a Liverpool fan, also Kendal town supporter. But I dont know the last time I played as Liverpool ,apart from the FM11 demo to test a few features out and still I applied the LLM principals to that game.
Oh and from your user name I wouldnt even have a guess that you might be called jordan

I had never heard about the reunion players.

I believe that if youre managing in the lower leagues then you should be welcomed to post on this area of the forum. how many times do you want to read 'i won the league with man city, my formation is wicked'? personally, i dont care for that.

if theres such an opinion on llm being a specific structure then there should be an area for people playing in lower leagues?!?! Seems a bit pedantic.

for the record though, i feel that if you dont solve problems and find players yourself then fm loses its magic a little. Nothing wrong with seeking help though!

As i said, LLM is actually a CM/FM term for something more specific than simply controlling a team outside the top few divisions.

Of course we aren't going to discourage people from posting or looking for help in this section just becasue they aren't keeping to the traditional LLM definition.

Let's not turn this into an argument please. :)

Most people use friendly in llm use friendlys to make substansial money which doesnt make it realistic. Anybody looking for a real challenge dont usually post much about it as they go it alone and dont want help

I start off with the club which is predicted to finish second bottom, always have done, I also have started doing the Sunday League footballer too. I dont go on the internet to find the best players to buy, all I do is loan a few players first then obviously try singin players who you can get.

It does contradics what your doing if you look for help on forums. But then again.....I heard a strong rumour that the Darlingtons Chairman asked his grandson to look on the internet for someone to buy..... I cant remember his name now but he was some Italian/French or maybe even Spanish player. Was supposed to be quite good.

Doesn't the player search filter only show players that are part of the clubs scouting knowledge? Also, there is nothing wrong with a friendly to generate income - just look at barnet with arsenal that takes place yearly. I agree that it can be exploited but cheats are always there if you are that way inclined.

I personally always start with sunday league rep, never exploit the system for money or use FMRTE or whatever it's called. I sign a lot of my players through the trial days! I like to play as realistically as possible.

I always find LLM pretty easy for the majority, because of the amazing players you can get on loan. I could have a whole team full of young stars, who will get me promoted every time.

Doesn't the player search filter only show players that are part of the clubs scouting knowledge? Also, there is nothing wrong with a friendly to generate income - just look at barnet with arsenal that takes place yearly. I agree that it can be exploited but cheats are always there if you are that way inclined.

I personally always start with sunday league rep, never exploit the system for money or use FMRTE or whatever it's called. I sign a lot of my players through the trial days! I like to play as realistically as possible.
Thats exactly what I do.

Also I think that there is a rule that says you must not edit the DB, so managing in level 10 last year is not classed as LLM.

I love LLM, and never cheat, thats what makes it more fun. Also after the first season my aim is usually to avoid relegation (if I get promoted), rather than get promoted year after year. Also If I send out my scouts, they will return with the best players (Hopefully), on the player search anyway. Scouting in LLM could basically be a new filter for the player search?

I always find LLM pretty easy for the majority, because of the amazing players you can get on loan. I could have a whole team full of young stars, who will get me promoted every time.

That only really works if you have play in Championship/L1/L2 and some of the earlier patches of FM10. In 10.3 patch, it was a lot harder to get quality players on loan unless they were your parent club. I think I was in BSS and the best player available to me on loan was a Hayes and Yeading reserve player. Personally, I find that his has made the game a lot more realistic seeing as people managed to get the likes Kakuta for BSP/BSS/BSN.

Also I think that there is a rule that says you must not edit the DB, so managing in level 10 last year is not classed as LLM.

As long as you're not editing the database to benefit your club, then it should be classed as llm.

In these threads you guys are talking about managing lower league teams but you are not doing LLM which is managing a team with as much realism as possible which includes not asking for tips using genie scout/FMRTE, only using your scouts/coaches to find players and starting in the lowest possible division with your rep set to sunday league.

I know you will moan at this post but hey the "LLM" tag on here annoys me!!

I have to disagree with you and also wonder why it annoys you?

The section Lower League Management is for all topics that involve…managing at the lower levels. Go figure.

Everyone has the right to choose how they wish to play the game, not everyone wants an ultimate sense of realism, it is a management simulation after all.

That is the great thing about FM, you can customise it and play it how YOU see fit.

Why should users be discouraged from posting or asking for/providing help just because they have different methods of playing the game?