Official FMBase Challenge of the Month - November

Lee

Administrator
Reaction score
November Challenge

To start things off we'll keep things nice and simple. The majority of you will have already played the demo, but for those who haven't I hope Sampdoria is an easy enough team for you to learn the ropes.

9TMTB.png

Team: U.C. Sampdoria
League: Seria A
Media Prediction: 5th
Finances: Okay

So there you go, you have one season to just go out and have fun.

Points - Maximum 100
  • 30 - Champions League Winner (25 - Runner Up, 20 - SF, 15 - QF, 10 - Last 16, 5 - Group)
  • 20 - Europa League Winner (10 for Runner Up)
  • 30 - Seria A Winner (20 - CL Qual, 5 - Europa Qual)
  • 10 - Coppa Italia Winner (5 for Runner Up)
  • 10 - Manager of the Year
  • 5 - For having a player in the Team of the Year
  • 5 - For finishing as the top scorers in the League.
  • 5 - For conceding the least amount in the League.
  • 5 - For having the player with the highest Average Rating in the League.

Challenge Specific Rules
  • You are only allowed to save the game a maximum of 15 times.
  • Leagues to load: Italy (up to and including Seria B)

Challenge Specific Screenshots
  • League -> Player Stats -> Avg Rating
  • League Team of the Season
  • League Manager of the Year
  • Team History -> Competition History -> Champions League or Europa League.

All entries must be submitted in THIS THREAD by 23:59 GMT on the 30th of November.

Good Luck, and make sure you check the Rules before playing..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leaderboard

Last edited:
Good stuff Lee, might take part in December once I've got my Everton save up and running!

Think this might be my 1st game on Friday, just to get into it. Think they'll have Cassano released on the patch, would make it alot more interesting.

not done any of these challenges before - so to do any of them you must be able to complete one season in a month?

Are we only allowed to load the Italian leagues? and none other? or are we allowed any size DB?

EDIT: Ignore this, just read rules.

I shall be competing. :)

Last edited:
not done any of these challenges before - so to do any of them you must be able to complete one season in a month?

Yup, it's not so bad when you think about it. It's not like a regular save where you'll be having to build for the future, just think of yourself as a Woy. You'll start a game with a new club, completely cut off the youth and reserve teams, make a few signings, change the tactics and off you go.

Are we only allowed to load the Italian leagues? and none other? or are we allowed any size DB?

Read the rules. ;)

Way to steal the competition I have ran since what? 2004? Totally snapping your leg at football now.

Nice interesting challenge to start with though, I will no doubt start this at Sean’s on Friday.

Good idea to have one going every month, won't be taking part every month as I'll want to start FM11 off my own way, will take part in one in the future though. :)

Looking forward to doing this stuff, but I'm gonna' play through a bit on my Motherwell save. If I have the time to give this a start I will, but if not I'll play next months.

Feel free to start with the challenge if you have updated FM to v11.1.

Will start this tomorrow :)

Way to steal the competition I have ran since what? 2004? Totally snapping your leg at football now.

Nice interesting challenge to start with though, I will no doubt start this at Sean’s on Friday.
Hmmm, accusing Lee of stealing, im guessing he learnt it from you Kris. (6)

I did the preseason, while listening to radio which prevented me from working on my spanish league.

And already came annoying problems with the transfers, as both Ziegler and Cassano have been unsettled and want to leave after I refused offers for them (in the latter I answered to the inquiry by Chelsea with high price). I found a decent replacement shall Ziegler go, but according to the scout reports, none of the worthy players to substitute Cassano would be willing to come.

In preseason I've given priority to avoid meaningless injuries, so I removed half of the friendlies. Too bad I couldn't cancel one of the weaks to get La Liga's Osasuna, so there's not been any game challenging enough to really have an estimate of where we stand in the Serie A. All big expected wins: three 7-0's, one 8-0, and one 3-0. Some great goals.

If my experience with Burgos in FM10 serves for something, this foretells a disappointing season.

I hate Zavvi. If it wasn't for them, I would be starting this now...

Monthly installments?

I assume Lee is fine with it as long as it's not abused. VM him though.

I think I forgot to mention but for future Challenges Manager Experience should be set to Automatic.

Monthly installments?

I suppose that's ok.

can I start with version 11.0?
I have problems running 11.1 patch.