Tony Mowbray

kevin1012

Reaction score
hi guys getting a bit sick of tony mowbray already at celtic
i always said that he was never the right man for the celtic job
and he is proving that at celtic and some of the fans are getting a bit
frustrated with the way thing are going at parkhead.
out of the Champions League and basically out of the Europa League
and lost the first old firm of the season at ibrox
not good enough for a celtic manager in my opinion

UEFA Champions League Dinamo Moskva 0-1 - lost

UEFA Champions League Dinamo Moskva 2-0 -won

Clydesdale Bank Premier League Aberdeen 3-1 won

Clydesdale Bank Premier League St. Johnstone 5-2 - won

Clydesdale Bank Premier League Hibernian 1-0 - won
Clydesdale Bank Premier League Dundee United 1-1 - draw

UEFA Europa League Hapoel Tel-Aviv 1-2 - lost

Clydesdale Bank Premier League Heart of Midlothian 2-1 - win

Co-operative Insurance Cup Falkirk 4-0 - win

Clydesdale Bank Premier League St. Mirren 2-0 - win

UEFA Europa League Rapid Vienna 1-1 - draw

Clydesdale Bank Premier League Rangers 1-2 - lost

Clydesdale Bank Premier League Motherwell 0-0 - draw

UEFA Europa League Hamburg 0-1 - lost

win-7
lost-4
draw-3

just wondering what do you guys think of tony mowbray am
i being a bit harsh

Im not a fan. I dont think the team he has there should really have had much in the way of Champions League aspirations, though, to be fair. Getting Arsenal was a killer, too. Lets say they were in the Group Stage right now... would you still be unhappy with him?

if we were in the group stage then not as much beating arsenal would have been great
yes but been in the group stage and still not playing that well in the league would
still get me that wee bit frustrated

Last edited:
I have the same opinon mate.
If we are going to play "Barca Like Football" - Tony Mowbray statement,
why do we spend 3.9million pounds of one player?
basically our full transfer budget??
we need a decent centre defender and a decent ball wining mid.
As far as im concered Mowbray can go and take Caldwell & Fortune with him.
PS - Get Coyle IN!

Last edited:
i agree m8 we need some one like neil lennon in midfeild a bobbo in defence
i know he was not the best but when the ball came into the box he got it back
out again and a half decent stricker how knows where the back net is i would
have spend the money on steven fletcher and sold caldwell,brown and got
a bit more money for players

to be honest guys i have never been a fan of the S.P.L no offense, but when mowbray went there i got my hopes up because he is an exciting manager, but he has disappointed me, i kinda follow hamilton because of my brother in law but celtic struggled to beat them which was a joke as hamilton are shocking lol

i never really heard much of him until he got west brom promoted. unfortunately, they went straight back into the championship this season. i can see why you are frustrated with mowbray and i believe he could be out of celtic soon.

Last edited:
mowbray is a shocking manager, no tactics. i mean, our half decent players he either lets go, loans out or sticks on the bench... We got german regular Hinkel BENCHED, Loovens who recently recieve two Holland caps, BENCHED, massimo donati, a player Ac Milan paid something like 17million quid on when he was 17, sold, O'Dea, good defender, farmed out on loan. his tactics are a joke, he plays mcdonald up front on his own, mcdonald was linked with a 6million move to wigan, to be fair i'd pay wigan to take him! he'd terrible.

also, Spurs linked with 12mill move for Scott Brown? he'd a decent player but christ he is allergic to scoring.

Mowbray said recently we lost the old firm game as our two first choice full backs are injured and he believes full back should be the main and strongest position of a team.. shut up tony, what a load of *****.

i never really heard much of him until he got west brom promoted. unfortunately, they went straight back into the championship this season. i can see why you are frustrated with mowbray and i believe he could be out of celtic soon.

gabonese tiger, i think it would be better if you stop calling other teams a joke. i think every team goes through a bad patch every now and then so its no surprise that celtic struggled to beat hamilton. even your man city struggled to beat wigan as well

no offense though ^^)
i didnt call celtic a joke

anyway, when gordon stratchan was manager, they were owning like mad. maybe they should consider rehiring him if they decide to get mowbray out of the way.

maybe i misinterpreted what you mean, but yeah, i've deleted that part on it though :)

Last edited:
anyway i can see why celtic fans are getting impatient because he cant deliver the goods, but to be fair is second that bad? john barnes was worse

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

anyway, when gordon stratchan was manager, they were owning like mad. maybe they should consider rehiring him if they decide to get mowbray out of the way :)
strachan has gone to middlesbrough you can have southgate lol

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

i said hamilton who are arguably the worst team in the S.P.L even challenging celtic is a joke, i think the fact that celtic and rangers have all the good players means they should dominate and they do, but mowbray fails to change his ways, he should not have left west brom

anyway i can see why celtic fans are getting impatient because he cant deliver the goods, but to be fair is second that bad? john barnes was worse

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

strachan has gone to middlesbrough you can have southgate lol

haha, i think southgate would get celtic relegated as well. :p

strachan has gone to boro? weird, i cant seem to find it in the news.

i agree with celticpat1888 i would play hinkel on the right and have loovens center with stephen mcanus and would have kept massimo donati he played well and sending O'Dea out on loan is daft i would rather play O'Dea or loovens before caldwell and having mcdonald up front him self is just stupid he is better playing off some one

Last edited:
yeh i think mcdonald could be an effective striker if he had a fast, strong guy laying it on for him.. i mean he;s fairly skillfull, his chip against Man U was great, we would have beat them for a second time if Giggsy hadnt dived to win that pen in the closing stages. and he scored the winner against AC Milan so he is a good player.

i know we are being linked with Rob Keane i'd take him! Cant see it happening.

i miss the days of having Sutton (£6mil), Hartson (£7mil) and Larsson (PRICELESS), and maloney when he was actually good!. Also Craig Bellamy was good, he wanted to make it permanent but our stupid board refused.

also apparently our board refused to return Slaven Bilic's calls, or even give him an interview, instead they paid 2mill for mowbray.....

i agree with you celticpat1888 m8 i do so miss the days of the martin oneill days of sutton,hartson,larsson and ever petrov and i think singing back maloney from villa was a big mistake and i would have paid all i have to sign Craig Bellamy but roy keane as manager i dont know look what he has done at ipswich i don't thing he is ready for the celtic job just yet i also agree with you when Slaven Bilic said he would love to manager celtic i said i hope celtic go for Slaven Bilic but as thay do celtic they go for the cheapest of managers to save money

i would have loved to have Slaven Bilic as manager

i agree with you celticpat1888 m8 i do so miss the days of the martin oneill days of sutton,hartson,larsson and ever petrov and i think singing back maloney from villa was a big mistake and i would have paid all i have to sign Craig Bellamy but roy keane as manager i dont know look what he has done at ipswich i don't thing he is ready for the celtic job just yet i also agree with you when Slaven Bilic said he would love to manager celtic i said i hope celtic go for Slaven Bilic but as thay do celtic they go for the cheapest of managers to save money

i would have loved to have Slaven Bilic as manager

No no mate i meant Robbie Keane mate! he was linked with a 7million pound transfer from Spurs! Roy seems a bit dodgy!

sorry m8 i Robbie Keane i would love him at celtic park a good irish man up front for celtic i

i roy keane is a bit dodgy i your right

Last edited:
I personallty hate the guy but give him time. Not his fault he inherited a ***** squad. Although in my opinion in every team Monkey Head has been with they have played great flree flowing football but where is the cutting edge in the final third?

You won't get anyone better anyway.

I personallty hate the guy but give him time. Not his fault he inherited a ***** squad. Although in my opinion in every team Monkey Head has been with they have played great flree flowing football but where is the cutting edge in the final third?

You won't get anyone better anyway.
Why do you hate Mowbray? a bit harsh :(