Reaction score

595px-newcastle_united_logosvg.png

The final whistle blew and I punched the air, before heading over to shake Roberto Di Matteo's hand. He didn't look happy.
My first game in charge of Newcastle United and a draw at the Hawthorns - no mean feat. After two early goals for the home side, my lads took a grilling at half time. And it worked. The boys came charging out, and we dominated the second half; more possession, more shots, first to every second ball - but we couldn't hit the back of the net.

Step forward, Andy Carroll. I strode onto the pitch and shook Andy's hand.
"Great stuff lad, you pulled us out of a hole today."
Andy grinned and we both headed over to the travelling supporters, saluting their commitment to Newcastle United.

Five minutes before the full-time whistle, that lot looked ready to murder me. Five added minutes and two goals later, I could see the relief on their faces as I applauded them, and them me. They'd been through so much as fans of most embaressed club in England, and I was looking to change all that. As I followed my players down the tunnel, I turned and looked at the rapidly emptying Hawthorns, letting it sink in.
This is where I'm meant to be; not on the football pitch, but right beside it.
I punched the air again and headed into the dressing room.

I was never really one for playing football. Sounds funny, seeing as though I played at a professional standard for 13 years, but I was never really that good.

On the books at Man City - let go.
On the books at Stockport County - let go.
On the books at Crewe Alexandra - let go.

Finally, I found my place at Rochdale AFC and worked my way up the league pyramid, hitting my peak as a substitute for Inter Milan when we lost the 1997 UEFA Cup final. I know what you're thinking: "This lad couldn't even get into the Crewe first team, yet he managed to get all the way to Internazionale?" The same thought occurred to me, but I wasn't about to question it.
All I'll say is, its funny what a good season can do for your career.
After leaving Inter that year, things settled back to normality as I played for Bolton, Sheffield Wednesday, and Hull City, before ending my career at non-league Curzon Ashton. Despite not being completely enthralled by the playing aspect of football, I absolutely adored the tactical side to it; formations, transfers, training - it fascinated me. I knew even before I went to Inter that I wanted to be a manager after my playing days were over.

As I got older and older, and my minutes on the pitch became less and less, I started shadowing coaches and managers at my various clubs, before achieving my pro coaching badges. A stint at non-league Ramsbottom United ended well, with the Rams achieving promotion, but I left that summer - I wanted to be at a bigger and better club. After speaking to my previous mentors, I was recommended for a coaching position at Gateshead FC, and it just spiralled from there.
I sit here now, as the new manager of Newcastle United, and I'm proud. Not that I've hit the summit, far from it. I want to take Newcastle into an era of unprecedented success. Call me stupid, disillusioned, a dreamer - just see what you call me in ten years time.

sky-sports-news.jpg

"The vacant managerial position at Newcastle was recently filled by the man sitting up ahead of me, Oli Riley, who sits with his new signings at his first press conference as manager.

'Mr Riley, Sky Sports News. Do you think you can challenge for the Championship title this season?'
'Without a doubt. Everything is in place for this club to bounce straight back to the best league in the world, and with all the talent sitting to my left and right, I have no problem in stating that we can win the title this season.'

'About that talent - can you tell us more?'
'Certainly. The Championship is a very competitive league, and as well as bolstering the midfield, I felt we needed a proven goalscorer, which is exactly what Yannick Djalo is. Due to Nicky ****'s injury, I felt we needed a new defensive midfielder, and with all the qualities that Maduro Hedwiges possesses, I am in no doubt that he will be a star at the club. Tobias Linderoth is another player who excels at this level, and the amount of interest in him just goes to show how much he is rated.'

'What about your loan signings?'
'Well, I brought in Fred Stoor for the season as cover, due to his ability to play anywhere along the backline - he'll be important in Newcastle's season, no doubt about it. Finally, Matt James and Shane Duffy are very promising youngsters who can fill in when needed. As well as the lads helping us, we will be looking to help them in their development as players. I couldn't be happier with the signings Newcastle have made, every player will be important in our season.'

'What are your relations with players such as Jose Enrique and Fabricio Collocini at present, Mr Riley?'
'Naturally, Jose and Fabricio were upset at the sale of Jonas, who is a close friend of both of theirs. However, after sitting down and talking to both players, we all now have a level of understanding and there are no problems with the relationship between myself and my players. Thankyou for attending, there will be no more questions.'

"That was of course Oli Riley, new Newcastle United manager, claiming that his side can win the Championship title this season. We have former Newcastle star Philippe Albert the studio with us now - Philippe, what do you think of the appointment of Riley as manager?"

Might be a bit wordy for most people, I'm not sure. Any feedback is appreciated :wub:

Last edited:
Nice detailed start! Hope it keeps up. Im a boro fan but ill follow :)

It can't be too **** if a Boro fan is following ;)

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:04 PM ----------

Once a Player, Always a Manager - A Journeyman's Tale
Chapter I: St James' Park

The reception was unbelievable. As I stood in the centre circle of the third biggest stadium in England, applauding my new club's fans, I knew I'd arrived at where I wanted to be. The floodlights shone down on the perfect turf of St James' Park, and after shaking the hand of Brian McDermott, I headed back to my dugout and the whistle trilled to signal the start of my first home game in charge of the Magpies.

I sat back in my office and grinned to myself, thinking back to only a few weeks before to my first game at St James'. Not only that, but I ran through the results we'd managed since that 1-0 win over Reading. Sure, the first game at home was special, but nothing compared to the next game, already my proudest hour-and-a-half in football management to date - a 7-0 drubbing of Alan Irvine's Sheffield Wednesday. Everything seemed to click; the team, the fans, the atmosphere. If I thought the game against Reading had a cracking atmosphere, then the game against Wednesday was off the charts. The fans were already chanting my name! I'm not one to be big-headed, but I must admit I enjoyed that one.

The trip to Selhurst Park came next, and despite the Eagles defending doggedly for the first 45 minutes, Shola Ameobi popped up to break their resistance only thirty five seconds into the second half. It wasn't too stressful, and when we grabbed the second I was much calmer. The game ended in a solid 2-0 victory, and the lads were definitely beginning to play for each other. Even the disgraced Joey Barton was staking a big claim for a starting place in midfield, having scored three goals in his last two games.

carling_cup_logo_black_470w.jpg

Only three days later, I was pulling my hair out ahead of the Carling Cup game against Derby County. Fixture congestion was something I hadn't experienced fully before, and having only a matter of days between matches meant that I was a bit unsure of how to proceed with my team selection.

I called my old mate Mike, an ex-professional who now works with The FA, and he calmed my nerves and told me to try a few younger faces - and by all means, do not drop Ameobi! I laughed, but he was right - Shola had bagged four goals so far this term. However, it was the young prospect Yannick Djalo, finally opening his account for United, and the cultured boot of the Flying Dane, Lovenkrands, who grabbed the headlines in another 2-0 win, which saw us head into a third round tie with none other than one of England's best sides - Liverpool.

Things were getting better and better, but despite still being incredibly excited at being the manager of Newcastle, tiredness was beginning to set in. The training, player meetings, news conferences, and transfers meant that I was getting to bed later and later, and geting up earlier and earlier. However, I was willing to sacrifice sleep in order to capture my final signings of the transfer window.

As money was relatively tight at Newcastle (a fact that most football fans already knew) my main focus was loan players to bolster our weaker areas. Having already signed several freebies, I managed to bring in two very talented youngsters at the end of the window - Yannis Tafer of Olympique Lyonnais and Gael Kakuta of Chelsea. I also had to say goodbye to another youngster: Tamas Kadar. In my first meeting with a player who was surplus to requirements, things went surprisingly well. Despite being told he wasn't needed at Newcastle, Tamas knew that Sporting Lisbon were interested and eventually the deal went through, which was pleasing to see.

The month ended with a dominating 4-0 display against Leicester City, with Joey starring again. I made a point of speaking to him after the game, telling him that he was integral in my first team plans this season. Only hours later, he was voted second in the Championship Player of the Month, something that only served to justify my decision.

I got up from my chair, walked past the desk, where my Manager of the Month award proudly stood, and opened the door, ready to go home. I turned to look at the award once more, and grinning, I flicked off the light. August was over - roll on September!

Results

[A] 2-2 vs West Brom
[H] 1-0 vs Reading
[H] 7-0 vs Sheffield Wednesday
[A] 2-0 vs Crystal Palace
[H] 2-0 vs Derby County
[H] 4-0 vs Leicester City

Played: 6
Won: 5
Draw: 1
Lose: 0
Goals: 18
Conceded: 2

Player of the Month: Difficult to choose, but Joey Barton just edges it over Andy Carroll and Steve Harper, who hasn't conceded in all competitions since the first day of the season.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Chapter II: Disappointment at Anfield

As 'You'll Never Walk Alone' rained down from the stands, a shiver ran down my spine. St James' Park was one thing, but Anfield? One of the most famous stadiums in world football? I was absolutely buzzing. I shook the hand of Rafa Benitez, which was a big event in itself - here was a man who had won trophies at every club he'd managed, including the big prize, the Champions League. He smiled and wished me good luck, and in all honesty, for the first time, I was star struck.

The game kicked off and we were right in it throughout. When Fabricio leapt highest and connected with a corner, the Geordies in the far corner erupted as the ball hit the back of the net. I'm not one to keep my cool, as a player or a manager - football is such an emotional game, there's no point trying to control your feelings - so I was up and out of the dugout before the ball nestled in the net. I was incredibly grateful for what happened next - Fabricio lead the charge over to the dugout, and I celebrated the goal with the lads as if we'd just won the game!

However, there was still a long way to go, but we made it to half-time a goal to the good. The lads were well up for it, I could see, but it didn't stop me telling them to keep their concentration levels at 100% and not think the game was over.

As if to prove my point, Ryan Babel snuck in behind our backline and equalised with ten minutes of the second half gone. Then, only four minutes later, Steven Gerrard scored a trademark piledriver to completely turn the game. To our credit, the lads didn't give up and we almost snatched a goal at the death, only for the ball to bounce off the crossbar and away to safety.

The team were disheartened after the result, but they gave their absolute all and I was immensely proud of each and every one of them, and told them as much.

A first trip to a Premier League ground, but I knew it wouldn't be the last.

The international break gave us a chance to recuperate and get our breath back. I was slightly worried about the timing of the break - we'd hit a great run of form, and I wanted to keep it going at all costs. What if we took our foot off the pedal?

I needn't have worried.

The team continued to perform, with two great wins at Cardiff City and Blackpool respectively, before scraping a 1-0 win at home to Plymouth Argyle. I wasn't happy with that game though - not with the boys, but with the opposition. They kicked lumps out of us from start to finish and a few of the lads looked a tad nervous coming in at half-time. I had a quiet word in the ears of Smudge and Joey, telling them to keep the Plymouth midfield at bay with some martial arts of their own. We snatched an early goal thanks to the young Nile Ranger, and although we didn't score again, we were always comfortable - Plymouth obviously had a game plan, and until the lads in midfield stepped in, it looked like working. In fact, I had to take Smudge off because he picked up a yellow and he looked like he was enjoying himself a bit too much; he winked at me as one of the coaches handed him his tracksuit.

As soon as we were drawn against the scousers, I knew we had an uphill task of reaching the 4th round, and so it proved. However, it was a great experience for everybody involved, and in fact just served to spur us on in search of playing Premier League football once again. Two more games came and went, with Shola grabbing himself a tidy hat-trick at Ipswich before the youngsters turned on the style at St James' against QPR - a 5-0 rout speaks for itself, with promising loanee Yannis Tafer bagging a brace.

I was absolutely loving every moment of my first big job as a manager, something which could be attributed to a) the lads, who had been in superb form, and b) the city of Newcastle itself. Being a Mancunian lad, I didn't think any city measured up, but I was being forced to re-think my position on that one.

"Congrats on the award again, Boss."
"Cheers Smudger."

Alan was staying behind after training with Matt James, and admiring their dedication, I walked down from my office and headed down to the pitch to get involved in the kickabout. Don't get me wrong - my playing days are well and truly over, but you never lose the desire to kick a ball around.

Smudge was talking about me receiving the Manager of the Month award for the second time in a row, a feat I attribute solely to the players, who have made my job so much easier.

"Jamesy, you feeling up for Saturday?"
Matt looked up at me and nodded enthusiastically, "Definitely gaffer."
"Good man, I'll be looking to start with you and Smudger here in midfield."
The lad grinned and went back to his kickabout. Smudge winked at me as I walked back to my office, and that wink meant alot more than just the flutter of an eyelid - I finally had the team's complete backing. Morale was great, form even better, and we all knew that if we kept this run going, we'd soon be far away at the top of the table.

Results

[A] 3-1 vs Cardiff City
[A] 2-0 vs Blackpool City
[H] 1-0 vs Plymouth Argyle
[A] 1-2 vs Liverpool
[A] 3-1 vs Ipswich Town
[H] 5-0 vs Queens Park Rangers

Played: 6
Won: 5
Draw: 0
Lose: 1
Goals: 15
Conceded: 4

Player of the Month: Definitely a month for the younger lads to be proud of - players such as Vuckic, Tafer, Ranger, and James stepped up to the plate and grabbed themselves a hatful of goals. However, the outstanding player this month has been Fabricio Collocini, who has been simply immense at the back, as well as grabbing himself a couple of goals, most notably against Liverpool at Anfield.​

Last edited:
Great start to the story, and some really good results. Good luck for the rest of the season.

this is good dude. One bit of advice, seriously plan the actual story. It gets hard to keep the background story going through out the season, or you forget where you are away from the pitch.

this is good dude. One bit of advice, seriously plan the actual story. It gets hard to keep the background story going through out the season, or you forget where you are away from the pitch.

Well, I'm not sure if I'm gonna extend the story to incorporate this guy's private life outside the club yet. At the moment, its just about him at Newcastle. I might decide to make it a full blown story in the future, I dunno.

Some quality writing here mate, good reults also, I'm following (H)

Very well written, I'm impressed. Slightly put off by the fact it's (yet) another Newcastle story.

Very well written, I'm impressed. Slightly put off by the fact it's (yet) another Newcastle story.

Yeah, I've seen a couple cropping up. However, I'm not gonna lie and say 'I want to achieve everything with Newcastle then move to Real Madrid' - its not a one club story. I had a vague outline of where I'd go, starting with a move to Borussia Dortmund and then maybe over to Italy.

Obviously, that all depends on results and how I do, but thats the preliminary plan. So don't be put off about it being Newcastle if possible - if a great job comes a-knocking, I will answer the door <)

Oh yeah, next update will be here shortly.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Chapter III: Clash of the Titans

"Welcome today to the City Ground, the host to a battle of two Championship heavyweights. Forest have won four of their last five, while Newcastle have won ten straight games and are yet to be beaten in the league - sparks are sure to fly! Here's your match commentator for today's game..."

"...the corner's whipped in and Ameobi! Its off the bar! The ball's fallen for Djalo, whipped back in and oh! Ameobi'***** the bar again! Major reprieve for Forest, they're completely on the back foot here..."

"...and Van Der Meyde is onside here! He's played it into the six yard box - Blackstock! Its 1-0 to Forest! And for all their pressure, Newcastle find themselves behind only six minutes from half-time..."

"...well, Newcastle have been banging on the door but they still find themselves behind, and it could get worse here! The ball's evaded everybody, VAN DER MEYDE! Unbelievable! The provider turns goalscorer and somehow, Nottingham Forest lead Newcastle United 2-0!"

"...that's the half-time whistle! The underdogs lead by two clear goals at the break, and Oli Riley is going to have to work some magic in the dressing room if the Magpies are going to get anything from this game!"

"...so the second half kicks off at the City Ground, and the visitors have a mountain to climb. Straight onto the attack, here's Djalo and its turned around the post by Lee Camp between the sticks! Promising start..."

"...its Barton, tries the pass but its blocked, the ball's fallen to Smith, he's tried the shot AND WHAT A GOAL! AN ABSOLUTE GEM FROM ALAN SMITH, THAT MUST'VE BEEN AT LEAST 30 YARDS OUT! Newcastle well and truly back in this one..."

"...Ameobi's clear through here, great chance - wonderful save from Camp! A match-saving stop from the Forest 'keeper, but Newcastle are beginning to mount the pressure again..."

"...there's going to be a double change here for Newcastle - Ranger and Nolan are on. Will Riley's gamble on the youngster Ranger pay off? We'll have to wait and see..."

"...only seven minutes left here, and the visitors have a corner. Its whipped in - and Colocinni's header is just wide! So close for the Newcastle defender, can Forest hang on to this slender lead?"

"...Forest trying to run down the clock AND THERE'S THE FINAL WHISTLE! NEWCASTLE SLUMP TO THEIR FIRST DEFEAT OF THE SEASON AT THE CITY GROUND! Forest's counter-attacking method saw them through today, although Riley will not be pleased with his side's wastefulness in front of goal..."

I sat in my office, quietly sipping a tepid macchiato, the day after our first defeat of the league season. I knew it was going to happen some time, but I'd got into the winning mindset and now we'd lost, I wondered if it could de-rail our season. There was a knock on the door, and Stevie Taylor poked his head around the door.
"Boss, you feeling okay?"
"Hmmm? Oh yeah Steve, no problem."
"Right. Its just, in my opinion, we were unlucky to lose to Forest yesterday. And if you're worried, you shouldn't be - we'll bounce back against Scunthorpe on Saturday. Its only a minor blip in a great run of form, aye?"
I looked up and he grinned at me before ducking out of the room. Thinking about what Steve had just told me, I smiled, downed my coffee, grabbed my jacket and headed over to my car. He was right - if we bounced back at Glanford Park in a few days time, all would be well again.

Before the Forest game, a brace from Shola had seen us ease past Bristol City at St James' and he was fast becoming an (albeit early) contender for Player of the Season. After watching the highlights of our game against Forest game on The Football League Show, I realised that we were unlucky to lose. However, we did appear a little rusty in front of goal, so to help ease some stress from the defeat and get some practice in at the same time, towards the end of the training session I got Smudge to stand in the centre of the D and told the players to play a one-two with him before sticking the ball past Steve Harper. There was a collective cheer - shooting practice was much more popular than fitness training.

It seemed to to do the trick - a team mixed with experience and exciting youngsters stuck four past Scunthorpe only a few days after the loss at Forest. Matt James justified my faith in him with a piledriver of a goal, and Andy Carrol (fresh from winning the U20 World Cup with England, having beaten Germany with a Welbeck goal in the 4th minute of added time (6)) showed that he could overcome any kind of fatigue to add to his tally for the season.

andy-carroll-lifts-the-ball-over-murphy-for-united-s-third-goal-889860647.jpg

Andy Carroll nets Newcastle's third in their dominant 4-1 win over Scunthorpe United

The win got the lads in good spirits again, and we were buzzing going into the game at St James' against Doncaster. As if to prove my earlier point about Shola, the lad popped up and scored a hat-trick as we stormed to a 4-0 win, although Ryan Taylor scored one of the best goals you'll see all season - a 35 yard free-kick that absolutely flew in! Goal of the month no doubt. Eight goals in two games as we bounced back from our first defeat in the league? I couldn't have asked for more, and despite next month's tricky fixtures (Sheffield United [2nd], Peterborough United [6th] and Preston North End [4th]) I was confident we could start another run and put some distance between us and the pack.

This month's first defeat has seen a range of emotions from me, including anger and anxiety, but the spirit shown by the players not only quelled my disbelief, but replaced it with optimism. With our forwards' lethal streak in front of goal and our defiant home form, I could see us ending the year in a very strong position.

I flicked over to the Newcastle United website on my Mac, re-reading the article about my two new signings - Craig Eastmond, a £775k purchase from Arsenal (a promising player for the future) and the 3 month loan deal for Manchester United's exciting left-back, Fabio. I thought back to the past few games - the young Brazilian had done himself proud, starting two games and coming on as a sub in the other. I'm already inquiring to see if I can extend his loan deal.

Turning off the Mac, I sent a quick text to Shola to congratulate him on getting Player of the Month, then headed over to my car. I looked up and saw the sun setting, but for Newcastle United Football Club, it was most definitely rising.

Results

[H] 2-0 vs Bristol City
[A] 1-2 vs Nottingham Forest
[A] 4-1 vs Scunthorpe United
[H] 4-0 vs Doncaster Rovers

Played: 4
Won: 3
Draw: 0
Lose: 1
Goals: 11
Conceded: 3

Player of the Month: Without a doubt, this award goes to hat-trick hero Shola Ameobi, who'***** five goals this month. He also got the official Championshop Player of the Month award, congratulations to him.​

---------- Post added at 06:53 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:59 PM ----------

Chapter IV: The Team's First Grilling

"What the **** were you doing out there, lads?! This isn't some half-arsed kickabout! Teams aren't going to roll over for you, so don't ******* expect them to!!"

The sound of the bin slamming against the wall echoed for a while.

Thinking back to the team-talk after the game against Swansea City, I remember the boys looked ****-scared - I would too, if my old gaffer had just given me the rollocking of a life time. Don't get me wrong, I don't often 'do' angry; the team have performed so well that I haven't had to. But of late, it seemed we were taking our foot off the gas and getting complacent.

Case in point: that game at St James' when Swansea came to visit. Granted, there are no easy games in the Championship, but there are some that are patently easier than others, and I had this one earmarked as a 3-pointer. Maybe it was my complacency that had a knock-on effect to the lads' complacency, I don't know. Either way, 43 minutes in and we were comfortably leading 2-1. Swansea had gone ahead early due to a lapse at the back, but the in-form Tafer pulled us level and then Jamesy swerved in an absolute belter from 30 yards.

However, Maduro gave the ball away on the edge of their area and suddenly one of Swansea's boys was away. I wasn't too worried - we had two men back. But then he did something that not many players have done in their career: seeing Stevie Harper off his line, the young lad took his time and sent a truly magnificent chip over the 'keeper from just inside his own half. I couldn't believe it - not only had this kid just scored one of the goals of the century, but we were now level at half-time.

My half-time teamtalk did little, and when Swansea's Cedric van der Gun put the visitors ahead from the penalty spot, I was fuming. Shola finally got a goal in the 80th minute - he'd missed every chance under the sun, including a one-on-one from inside the six yard area - but Swansea held on and we'd dropped two points. A brilliant game for the neutral I'm sure, and whilst I always aim to give the paying fans a good show, I would rather sneak a scabby one-niller than have my side lose their 100% record at home to a team sitting in 15th and give the viewers a stormer for The Football League Show.

Newcastle-fans-001.jpg

The away supporters are ecstatic after Kevin Nolan's late winner at Deepdale

Since the defeat, I've calmed down - after seeing the highlights, I still can't believe how we didn't win. We hit the post, we hit the bar, and Ameobi hit Row Z at least three times, whereas the visitors scored three goals from three shots, unbelievable.

I had this month marked down as a potential point-dropper, and after a dogged 0-0 draw at Bramall Lane, we won back-to-back games - firstly at home to a determined Peterborough United side, with Tafer grabbing a brace in a 2-0 win, and then a great comeback at Deepdale, where we turned around a 2-1 scoreline to win the game 3-2, Kevin Nolan returning from injury to score the winner late in the game.

article-1262159-08ECA800000005DC-878_468x286.jpg

Yannis Tafer is mobbed by his team-mates after his second goal secures victory against Peterborough United

The game against Swansea was the match I least expected to drop points in, but after the 3-3 draw, I realised that we were just plain unlucky not to have won. I felt I had to apologise to the lads, as I'd let rip with my post-game fury and they didn't deserve that.

"Shooting practice, anyone?"

I flicked over to Sky Sports News, which was showing a little spotlight on our loanee Yannis Tafer, whose great form this season saw him pickup Championship Player of the Month. I smiled - it was great to see him finally hitting some form after the difficult start he had. The dishwasher was done, but I couldn't be arsed to empty it - it could wait until morning. I returned to my laptop, where an email talking about my two newest signings was open - Vurnon Anita, a defensive midfielder on loan from Ajax, and Simen Brenne, an unknown central midfielder from Norweigan club Odd Grenland, for £975k. I was pleased with both, as I felt our midfield needed strengthening, and luckily my assistant agreed, so we got the deals done as quickly as possible, and both lads have already been over several times to checkout the surroundings, before their move in January.

I turned off Sky Sports News - why was Georgie Thompson never on late at night? - and carried my laptop upstairs. As I brushed my teeth, I reflected on a difficult month which, in all honesty, we'd come out of quite well. Note to self - be less harsh when your team gets beaten! I'd have to remember that, because if we lost to Middlesbrough next month, my Christmas cheer would be right out the window - along with whatever, or whoever, is standing next to me!

Results

[A]0-0 vs Sheffield United
[H] 2-0 vs Peterborough United
[A] 3-2 vs Preston North End

[H] 3-3 vs Swansea City

Played: 4
Won: 2
Draw: 2
Lose: 0
Goals: 8
Conceded: 5

Player of the Month: Yannis Tafer, no doubt. The young Frenchman has hit a great average of a goal a game in November, and he's finally showing why I loaned him in the first place.

Last edited:
Right, as I'm almost certain to have a job in the next few days, updates will be a bit less frequent.

Its not like there's anybody following, but thought it was best to keep you informed anyway (A)