Once and for all, is there any difference between the tutoring options?

maxxie

Reaction score
I'm wanting to tutor Khouma Babacar with Cristian Ronaldo and I'm wondering if there is a difference between the options like there was in previous games.

For reference:

1) As a senior member of the squad, I'd like you to tutor (young player's name) as I feel he can benefit from your experience.

2) I'd like you to start tutoring *young player's name) as I think he can leanr alot from you.

3) (Young player's name) needs a bit of help in his development and I'd like you to tutor him as he looks up to you as a player and as a person.

4) Can you help tutor (you player's name) as his development has stalled a little and I feel you could really help kick-start his career.

I googled but couldn't find a definitive answer.

Anyone tested these things?

I read this somewhere on FM Base a few days ago, let me try and find it!

I'm not sure which instruction does what, but I am under the impression that one of the comments means thta it is more likely that the tutored player will gain the tutors PPMs, one comment makes it more likely that the tutor will change the tutored players personality, and one comment will make it more likely that the tutored player will develop attributes better whilst being tutored.

Got it:

Now to the choices:

"Ideal role model"

Use this for 1. Youngest players, 2. Highly similar personality, 3. Highly similar type of player, 4. Tutor has a great reputation

"Would benefit from adopting Xs approach to the game"

Use this for 1. Not that young players, 2. Somewhat similar personality, 3. Same natural positions, 4. Good reputation of the tutor.

"See what he can learn from X"

Use this for 1. Players around the ages of 21-23, 2. Not too different personality, 3. At least one common position, 4. Lower reputation of the tutor.

Los Wonderkids

I think that's for the FM 2010 options mate, but nice try :)

I think that's for the FM 2010 options mate, but nice try :)

Yeah it says its for 2009 and 2010, chances are it will still work or be quite similar though, I might try some out when I have time and see what the crack is.

Yeah but the options are different, there's four options and the old ones aren't there except for learn from. See OP.

The first three are almost exactly the same with only slight change of wording... I can't guarantee that they have the same effect in FM2011 as FM2010 but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out which one is which. No idea what the 4th choice does

Benefit from experience: certain mental attributes (determination, work rate especially) as well as personality shift towards that of the tutor's. Also has a chance to gain PPM. It's very important that your tutor has a good personality (or else what's the point?) and high determination/workrate/influence, avoid tutors who are "volatile, confrontational", use resolute, resilient, unflappable, professional etc. Can drastically change young players' bad personalities like "confrontational". ps. some of these are listed as media handling descriptions but they describe the player's personality traits too.

Learn from: teaches PPM's with a chance to change personality and mental attributes

Looks up to you as a player and person: This would correspond to the "role model" 2010 option, although admittedly I have not used this one in FM2011 yet. It is a double length tutoring where PPMs are taught and personality is changed, basically a combination of the first two.