• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Liam

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 7, 2011
Plymouth
fm-base.co.uk
If nested threads mean it looks like reddit then no way. I really don't get on with that whenever I've tried to use that site.

Clean up gets my vote
It wouldn't be exactly like Reddit, for instance on Reddit most threads are sorted by new or best, and that can be hard to follow. We'd still follow the chronological order of threads.

Not sure if here is the place to ask, but I would like to see some separation in user posts.

Maybe comment 1 could be on a white background, then comment 2 slightly grey or something, comment 3 back to white. Alternating the background colour each post. For me, I think it would be clearer on the eye to see each new comment / post.

I've explained it horribly but hopefully someone knows what I mean!
I understand what you mean, I think you might enjoy how nested threads breaks things up a bit. I'll trial an alternate colour.

Average Joe

May 25, 2009
It wouldn't be exactly like Reddit, for instance on Reddit most threads are sorted by new or best, and that can be hard to follow. We'd still follow the chronological order of threads.

I understand what you mean, I think you might enjoy how nested threads breaks things up a bit. I'll trial an alternate colour.
I've tried reddit a few times mate and I think it looks horrendous haha. I'd take a look if it wasn't quite the same as that though

Glad you kind of get what I mean, I'd just like a slight bit more seperation between each post :)

OP
Synoptikal

Synoptikal

Mar 31, 2019
Vienna, AT
One other issue that will be alleviated by implementing a nested structure: Double posting. It means that users can truly reply to the posts without making it look like they're spamming their own thread.

Liam

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 7, 2011
Plymouth
fm-base.co.uk
With Halloween providing a shock... I'm not sure when we will be able to implement these changes. Site traffic is really high right now and I'd be silly to disrupt it. It might have to wait a little while, but rest assured, we will give heads up and plenty of notice first.