LGFIRE

Reaction score
1278105613.png

Pep Guardiola’s Barcelona, seems to be the strongest team at the world at the moment, and the question asked at all times is, how do they play? Well, I have been working on trying to emulate, Barcelona’s style of play into Football Manager 2011.​
My Record of the Season La Liga was

View attachment 117260
In this tactic you will see the following:
* High amount of passes and completition from the whole squad
* High levels of possession
* High number of shots
* Decent amount of goals
*Small amounts of goals conceded
Formation

View attachment 117262

Valdes – Sweeper Keeper/Defend
Puyol – Limited Defender/Defend
Pique – Ball Playing Defender/Defend
Abidal – Fullback/Support
Dani Alves – Fullback/Support
Sergio Busquets – Anchorman/Defend
Iniesta – Advanced Playmaker/Attack
Xavi – Deep Lying Playmaker/Support
David Villa – Inside Forward/Attack
Pedro – Inside Forward/Attack
Messi – Trequista/Attack

The player positions can be changed, to different ideas, as seen David Villa has been trained to play on the left wing like in real life. So if you want to see more goals from Villa you would put him where Messi is, and then Messi and Pedro switch spots. So you can change players’ positions with others with no problem.

Best XI
View attachment 117275

In this one i seemed o have gotten a lot more goals from David Villa, and had great playing from the whole team.

Results

View attachment 117263

View attachment 117264

View attachment 117265

View attachment 117266

View attachment 117267

View attachment 117268

View attachment 117269

View attachment 117270

View attachment 117271

View attachment 117272

View attachment 117273

V1.5 - Page 2
V2 - Page 3

Last edited:
Your possession is extremely low for Barca, you should be looking at 60-70% possession in every match.

Your possession is extremely low for Barca, you should be looking at 60-70% possession in every match.
Most matches are like that, and if you look, its against big teams, so its not easy to have a huge possesion rate, but this is only V1 so i can still improve it after feed back

Looks good, but high rates of effective possession are always difficult to achieve in FM. what is the movement like in game, do the goals and attacking interplay look similar to real life?

Looks good, but high rates of effective possession are always difficult to achieve in FM. what is the movement like in game, do the goals and attacking interplay look similar to real life?
This was a hard part, but i got Dani Alves to do what he does in real life, he is involved in a lot of the plays, and hes constantly running up and downt the picth

Xavi, has been passing with high completition of 90% and is always looking for the players open, he rarely has shots in the game.

Messi, is playing in ST or AMR, and he does the usual, drible see the open player, and pass, or his goals from outside the box, or one man effort.

David Villa, if you play him in the wing you see more of him trying to assist the players, and have few shots, while if hes a striker he turns into a goalscoring machine

I would say the team plays great football, and seem to be doing it the Barca way.

Match Prepartion:
Pre - Season:
Defending Postioning

Season:
Attacking Movment

This was a hard part, but i got Dani Alves to do what he does in real life, he is involved in a lot of the plays, and hes constantly running up and downt the picth

Xavi, has been passing with high completition of 90% and is always looking for the players open, he rarely has shots in the game.

Messi, is playing in ST or AMR, and he does the usual, drible see the open player, and pass, or his goals from outside the box, or one man effort.

David Villa, if you play him in the wing you see more of him trying to assist the players, and have few shots, while if hes a striker he turns into a goalscoring machine

I would say the team plays great football, and seem to be doing it the Barca way.

Match Prepartion:
Pre - Season:
Defending Postioning

Season:
Attacking Movment
good stuff, also, how much tweaking have you done, just wondering how many of the shuots will be affected, barcelona dont make many tactical changes but they do make a few, they will go more direct if needed for example.

Most matches are like that, and if you look, its against big teams, so its not easy to have a huge possesion rate, but this is only V1 so i can still improve it after feed back

you evidently didn't see el classico and the possession stats.
Currently making my own barcelona tactic, but yours looks alright...

EDIT: it's also debatable as to whether they man mark aswell...

Hey I was just wondering...

Do you do any instructions during the game and also what kind of role do you give your subs?

Cheers man, I can tell someones been doing their homework on Pep Guardiola :D

you evidently didn't see el classico and the possession stats.
Currently making my own barcelona tactic, but yours looks alright...

EDIT: it's also debatable as to whether they man mark aswell...
I did see El Classico, since im a barca fan, but in FM, one of the hardest things is have huge possesion rate against big teams, and if u look matches against Valencia and Sevilla, i have huge possesion with around 65%.

and how many passes does Xavi have a game?

Hey I was just wondering...

Do you do any instructions during the game and also what kind of role do you give your subs?

Cheers man, I can tell someones been doing their homework on Pep Guardiola :D

I do retain possestion, and pass ball into feet. Barcelona play more of a controled football, and have the ball always in the feet that in the air.

and how many passes does Xavi have a game?

Xavi does around 40-60 passes, but im working on improving it now, and seems to be doing more passes, and also have been working on possession.

I did see El Classico, since im a barca fan, but in FM, one of the hardest things is have huge possesion rate against big teams, and if u look matches against Valencia and Sevilla, i have huge possesion with around 65%.
in fairness to you, barca had those stats becuase real were so poor in pressing them

Just downloaded this, interested to see what effect it will have on my Man City team, might post some results on here if you'd like?

Just downloaded this, interested to see what effect it will have on my Man City team, might post some results on here if you'd like?
I would love it, and if you see any flaws as well report them. Im already working on V2, so i would see what i might have missed

Looks great especially defensively. There's no point tryna criticise LG Jones because everything won't be as they are in real life. The tactics probably only loosely based on the Barcelona way of football because it might not be as successful if he tried to emulate them completely as the match engine is no where as complex as a match irl.

Im really impressed with the defence 9 goals is impressive. The best i've had in a season was 13 last year so ill deffo give this a download

Ummm, I was working on one which got me the title with 10 games to spare, drew 4 and lost 0 over the season, But i struggled with Xavi's Passes, most i got through tweaking was 50-70. Is it even possible to get 100+ passes out of him?

I also found i was getting similar numbers of passes from full back Abidal and wing back Alves.

I noticed the same on my Arsenal save. Maybe try and play the ball through the middle?

What Gooner said is true, but it's not difficult getting high possession stats,
though goals is a sacrifice.
Xavi, on the other hand, is a crafty little ****** to get right