Reaction score

sportheader.png

E-mail this to a friend
print.gif
Printable version

Josep Guardiola's brother interested in managing

pere_guardiola.JPG

Pere Guardiola spotted in Camp Nou

Pere Guardiola officially said today that he wants to join his brother in football managing. Pere, has been seen over the times, with Josep around the Camp Nou, supposedly learning about his philosophy in the game. He has studied many ways of managing the beautiful game; he has read books, talked to his brother, and in contact with a few former players and his friends. Though now it seems he is ready to take it into the game, and is ready to be one of the bests.

“I have been interested in managing for 2 years now, after seining what he [Josep Guardiola] did.” Was what he started to say after being asked about these rumors. “My brother [Josep Guardiola], has told me everything about it, and has taught me on what to do, and now I am finally ready to step it up. I have applied to many teams around the world hoping at least one can pick me up and accept me. I wish I will do as good as or better than my brother, and I know he will hope I do my best. Now all I wait for is confirmation”

Proving that the rumors are true, and that he has applied for jobs, the questions now stand. Will Pere do as good as his brother? Will he represent and do wonders? What teams has he applied to? What team will take him? Come back to BBC, to see what happens with this idea of Pere.

Pere Guardiola takes Dortmund hot-seat

3301.60312954.jpg

Pere Guardiola arriving at Dortmund, Germany

Pere Guardiola is officially Borussia Dortmund's new manager, as Jurgen Klopp has parted way. It was early this morning when Jurgen was officially released from his duties as he was diagnosed with cancer, and will be hospitalized for a few months, where here we wish him the best for a speedy recovery. While for Borussia's chairman Reinhard Rauball took no time to find a new replacement, which was no other than Pere Guardiola, after he said that he was ready for a managerial career in football. With many expecting that he will be infact the same or better than Guardiola there is a lot of pressure in his shoulders. Borussia last year went on to win the Bundesliga, and now Pere will be looking to do the same even with a media expectation of 5th place. Now many are wondering what will Pere's philosophy be, and if he will continue tradition of younger player development for future to be first-team player. This will all be soon answered as we will have a press-conference at the Westfalenstadion, as Pere Guardiola is officially in Germany and ready to start a long journey to football success

sportheader.png

E-mail this to a friend
print.gif
Printable version

Pere Guardiola Conference

ger_wolf174.jpg

Bundesliga Conference Room hours before

Reinhard Rauball: "Welcome everyone to what will be today, Pere Guardiola's first appearance as Borussia Dortmund manager. I would first like to start us off by thanking Jorgen Klopp for a magnificent 2010/11 season and wish him the very best in his fight against cancer. It was a struggle to find a new manager that will continue what Klopp started, but once I saw Pere was interested, I knew he was the man for the club. So please everyone a warm arms of applause for Pere!

(Applauses as Pere walk's in and sits down for the questioning time)

Pere Guardiola: I would first like to thank Reinhard for the wonderful opportunity given to me, and we are now ready for some questions.

Journalist: You are here now as the new Borussia Dortmund boss, how does it feel? is it a dream come true?

Pere: Well it really does feel weird as only a few days ago I said I was ready for the big challenges of European football. Though I am ready for the challenge and I can't believe a team like Borussia picked me up, this is surely a dream come true like those in the fairy tales.

Journalist: Do you feel that replacing Jorgen Klopp, as he brought success to Borussia last year, give you extra pressure on your shoulders?

Pere: Well Jorgen did a great job here, and it sure adds some pressure to succeed but it's the same with every new job. I carefully looked at the paper, and it said we are predicted a 5th place, which I think is understandable but I came here to give this club titles and a fighting chance against Bayern, which is the pressure I bring to myself, so no replacing Jorgen does not bring extra pressure, as its the pressure I brought to myself to succeed.

Journalist: The summer window is open, will you be doing any signings?

Pere: I am not sure, first I have to take a very close look at the squad given to me, and the budget, then if I believe their are any areas to fix, there will be transfers in and out. Though with that said I am not sure if it will be necessary as this club has excellent youth ranks, and in a few years they will be 1st team material. I already look at the staff, and it hurts me to say this, but I will be getting rid of a few and bringing new faces as the ones that are currently here are not champion material.

Journalist: What kind of football will we be seeing from you and your squad?

Pere: I will be playing possession attacking football. I did not come here to park the bus like Mourninho and go for the counter. I will be trying to teach this team to pass around and look for opening, and that we are going to be a threat to every team out there. Possession and attack what every person wants to see. Last question now.

Journalist: What will happen with Mario Gotze as it said he might want to leave the club?

Pere: It's very simple, Gotze is staying.

Good start very interesting with a scintillating squad goetze,suboptimal,hummels and barrios GL

Managerial Thoughts

Well this is what it's all about, here I am managing no other than Borussia Dortmund ready to leave a name for myself. It's the first time I have had to play close attention to a football team, before I arrived I barely knew much about the Bundesliga, and now it's like what I see, dream, and read. I came in today, to look carefully at the staff, as I said some are gonna get sent away as they are not champion material. This was harder than I thought, I kept looking at the sheet on how much they earn, what they do, and reports of their work. With a lot of time and underlining I finally chose who will leave the team to go out and find a new job.

staffe.jpg

The ones highlighted in red will see their way out of the club, as the other one survived, it seems I will be looking for new scouts to give me good accurate reports and youth coaches to help the player develop. After all that was done I went to Zeljko Buvac's (assistant manager) office, he greeted me nicely and gave me reports of all I missed, I had to give players new training order, and who will be taking the free-kicks, penalties, throw-ins ect. He did give me a few tactic recommendations but I will be using my own. With all my tasks done, he gave me the one thing I really asked him for a spread-sheet with the 3 best players of each position to enable me to see where to strengthen.

teamreportm.jpg

I took a good amount of time looking at the sheet given by my assistant, and it seems we lack a good right-back and a quality striker, sure we have Barrios but he is injured, then come Lewandoski whom I see as a back-up, and after all that comes Mohammed Zidan, which I don't see a future in this club, and want him out of here right away. Now that I have everything completed with the staff and players of the squad, it was time to decide what tactics I shall be using this season. I had 1 in mind already since day one which is my brother, Josep, tactic he uses with Barcelona the famous 4-3-3. Then came one of my inventions after a lot of thinking which will be a 4-2-3-1.

tacticsao.jpg

Both tactics have the same perouse, both to focus the passing to one player in the pitch. This player that is given the task (also known as the playmaker) will be looking to move the field up and down, left and right. This will make the team learn to move the ball around to find their real chances to put inside the net. In the 4-3-3 the DM will be looking to become a 3rd CB to allow the right-back move upwards freely and left back to be holding the midfield for a back pass if necessary. This will work every nicely with this team as their is a lot of talent, and young players will be learning this tactic for years to come.

Now came the moment of truth, I decided to tell the boardroom we will obtain a Europa League qualification, via email of course, as they were running a budget meeting, with a lot of wait I received two things, the budget that will be given to me and my friendly fixture.

startofseasonexpetation.jpg

friendly.jpg

I won't lie I was kind of disappointing with the budget, but I will find something a solution to buy the quality striker and a decent right-back, as they will be surely needed. While as for the friendly fixtures I am happy with whom I will be playing to test the squad out, 2 Austrian clubs, a very good EPL side, a decent Belgium squad, and the best or 2nd best Brazilian squad, it surely will be a busy month with the friendlies and the transfers I will be looking to make

Last edited:
Managerial Thoughts
Pre-Season

As I said before we start the pre-season against 2 Austrian teams to get us started off. Our first game was against Wiener Sportklub, honestly I did not know much about that team except that they were originated in Austria. We played the 4-3-3 to later in 2nd half change to the 4-2-3-1. It was a really easy game as we won 3-1, goals coming from the midfield player, Kagawa, Gundogan, and Grobkreutz. We then went to play SV Schwechat, it was another easy win 3-0 being the scoreline goals from Kagawa, Zidan, and Perisic, as well Lewandowski got injured but luckely for a few days, which shows why we need another striker.

timothychandler.jpg

In the early morning of the 11th of July, it was finally confirmed Timothy Chandler joined us from Nurnberg for a fee of 4.8m sterling. This will turn into the first signing of the season. With only 21 years old he will be our best right-back as he better than Lukasz Piszczek, and as well with that young age he will have time to improve to be one of the best in the Bundesliga. This is a great signing as it will add more pace to the right side and will be our little Dani Alves in the making.

We continued our pre-season friendlies against Westerlo, to my attention it seems they picked up Josh McEachran on loan which will help them through out the season, but it seemed that it did not help them as much against our Dortmund side. 3-0 a penalty from Mats Hummels to start us off, then came a goal from Timothy Chandler to imidiatly show me why i signed him, and lastly young center-back Marc Hornschuh scored a goal. Finally came the last match of the pre-season before we confront Schalke in the German Super Cup, we are facing Corinthians, and boy was it a match. We played our usual game but could not get many shots on target, at the end of the day we still won the match 2-1, and it sure was hard, a goal from Subotic and Lewandowski to give us the win.

friendlywining.jpg

With all games won it seems that we will have a good season ahead of us, we scored a total of 11 goals and conceded 2 in 4 matches, which is rather outstanding, even though with all the up I am still looking for that striker, I was looking at Amr Zaki but boy is he a trouble maker so I decided to stay way.

#Tactical Analysis#
tacticalanalysispreseas.jpg

Well with the pre-season friendlies I surely did get to see if this team is capable to play somewhat like Barcelona. As I could see my right-back in this case,
Lukasz Piszczek against Wiener Sportklub, seemed like he did a very well done "Dani Alves" role. He attempted a total of 55 passes and completed 49 giving him a 89.1% completion. With further analysis its shown that 3/4ths of his passes are above the half-line stating that he is more involved in the attackive play of the squad. Later inspection, it shows that he was somewhat around the pitch as there are a few passes in the center of the pitch and on the left side, which is great for the back-up play for the midfielders. Now with the heat-pad, it shows that the avarage position of the player was right below the half way line, and a bit down the center, with the heat shown it, it proves the player perfectly divided the field to produce passing down the center if needed and get the crosses in from the right side of the field, or to even get the play going from the right-side, it seems the "Dani Alves" role will work very well with this squad, but I might be looking to move the player more to the right for a wider player from the whole squad.