Perfect Formula For A Great Game?

Marshy

Reaction score
OK, so at the moment, I'm having some problems getting into a game. I've got one network game going with my friend and I'm enjoying that but when he goes offline, I can't get a good game going.

More often than not, I'll have stopped playing fairly soon and I struggle to find a team to start with to get a good, long game going.

Anyway, what I'm asking is; What do you lads think is the best way to set up a game?

• When starting a game, what leagues and divisions do you put in every time?
  • What do you do to ensure that you will stick out this game for many seasons?
  • What is the longest active game you've had? Not including going on holiday for extended periods of time.

Longest game i played was spurs and im a man utd fan never even made a season wiv man utd
i always seem to stick with english teams never really got in to foreign managment
and besides sticking it out well i dunno i always find myself starting over and over the only game i really stick to is network games cos there is always someone else to pull you through im in the same boat as you m8 see excatly where you going with this thread

The longest I've had with no long holiday periods is 4 1/2 years, started at Leeds. After first season moved to West Ham then after another one and a half I moved to Fiorentina. Was enjoying that game but needed to reformat my computer and decided to call time on it.

Yeah its annoying when that happen's. You can ether continue the game without him being online or start a new game like you said. I tend to load up english league up to division 2, portugal, spain, france, holland, germany, scotish and italy all top league and the one below. I also select a large database this was you'll have a large selection of players because of the leagues loaded and the teams. Also if it doesnt work out at the club you first select you have a greater selection when looking for a new job.

To get you into the game look long term such as buying youth players to bring them up as key important first team players and look to always improve each season buy moving up the table and bringing in more cups then higher rep players will come in.

I dont know how long but im struggling to get into a game atm with fm09 so im just telling you what im going to try to do as im in the same boat.fm08 i lasted a good few seasons with arsenal before the youth came through and i achieved everything then i moved to spain to help barca.

barcelona me
la liga and copa dey ray winner got kaka 59m secnd year

its gd 2 start wit a international team but at first the holidays are a pain n the fact tht u cnt sign any1 bt its worth it 2 see the offers u get

last year i won the euros n world cup wit holland. i then got the man utd job and won the league wit thm but thn fm09 came out lol

nw im rangers in the epl currently 2nd

I run Welsh league, all English leagues, all French leagues, all German leagues, all Dutch leagues, all Italian leagues, all Spanish leagues, all Scottish leagues. Large database.

Start unemployed with an 'automatic' reputation and see where I end up :) Currently just restarted and got the Dorchester job (BSS) which makes a lovely change from just being offered Bognor Regis!

I tend to keep the game fresh because I like going into the fine details of the game and don't rush stuff. Becomes much more of a simulation rather than rushing from game to game (which I do when testing out a new tactics set).

Currently only have the Dorchester game which has only just started (7 games in including friendlies...) but that's because I need the HD space so can't afford to keep massive save files about. Last game before Dorchester was a 2 season run through with Bognor to check out a tactics set. Longest game on 2009 so far was 3 seasons (which represents a good 3 months playing time for me :( ). I gave that up because 9.3 was released and supposedly tweaked finances sufficiently to remove the biggest bug with that game (no sponsorship for league 2 Bury kind of killed their finances).

I always load the following Leagues:

England
Scotland
Italy
Spain

All of them down to lowest League available with a Large Database. Unless playing a Premier League team then I just use the Premier Leagues of the above countries plus one League down (except for England where I always go to League 2)

To keep me going, I don't really do anything particular although, choosing a team that means something to you helps (I chose Eastbourne because I live there)

The longest game I have had is my current Eastbourne game in which I am currently playing the 2017-2018 season, so almost 10 seasons into it.

Try and relate your game in some way to real life, for example im trying to get from BSS to PL in 15 seasons with Wimbledon, as they set the 15 year challenge for them getting to League 2, just makes things more fun for me.