Petition to be allowed to run without Steam for 2013.

Sorry pal but its not steam, been using it for years without no problems, its quick and easy to use and updates everything for you in terms of patches....

maybe check your security settings as to why its not letting you launch it!

yeah dude, ive had 09, 10, 11 and 12 on steam, no problems at all, whatsoever.

imo the problem is at your end, not thiers...

Its easy to fix.

View attachment 198929

1. Find your firewall.
2. Mine is windows - allow a program through the firewall.
3. Select 'Steam'
4. Click 'OK'.
5. Boom.

I'm sorry but It's fairly likely that the opening day sales figures for FM12 will be higher than FM11, and if that's the case then SEGA/SI will not be getting rid of the Steam activation.

I've used Steam for FM since 2009 and have never had a single problem.

1. Find your firewall.

Pfft who uses a firewall.

People complaining about the smallest of things FTW

WELCOME TO THE INTERNET :D

Steam is one of the best things, of it's kind. If not the best. Only problem I experince with Steam, is that the chat occasionally screws up on me, but I can live with that.

Steam is brilliant. I've been using Steam since Counter Strike - Condition Zero was released, and I've been using it ever since.

Exactly, you can get almost ANY game you could ever want. Its amazing, made my "life of a geek" so much easier.

I considered signing it purely in the hope that there wouldnt be as many whining noobs next year. However I cba.

I have not used steam before FM12 and after installing it and activating FM, I'm struggling to understand why people are giving out about it: It was easy and effortless. Honestly, if you are having problems, that's what Google is for.

I don't like using this slogan...but this is a perfect case of the problem being between the chair and keyboard.

Sorry pal but its not steam, been using it for years without no problems, its quick and easy to use and updates everything for you in terms of patches....

maybe check your security settings as to why its not letting you launch it!

STEAM is ****. Why the **** should i install that heap of **** to play a game I legally paid for. **** steam. I wont be buying any game, ever, that insists I install that heap of ******* horseshit in order to play in on MY OWN ******* pc. (and yes ive tried it in the past when i had FM2010, its ******* **** and POINTLESS, all it ever did was **** up my game play experience and have me sit around waiting for STEAM to finish picking its ******* **** before it allowed me to play MY OWN game!)

I built my pc, i bought the parts. Its My ******* pc, I and I alone decide what i will and wont ******* run on it.

STEAM is ****. Why the **** should i install that heap of **** to play a game I legally paid for. **** steam. I wont be buying any game, ever, that insists I install that heap of ******* horseshit in order to play in on MY OWN ******* pc. (and yes ive tried it in the past when i had FM2010, its ******* **** and POINTLESS, all it ever did was **** up my game play experience and have me sit around waiting for STEAM to finish picking its ******* **** before it allowed me to play MY OWN game!)

I built my pc, i bought the parts. Its My ******* pc, I and I alone decide what i will and wont ******* run on it.

Third time now. Maybe actually tell me what specific problem you are having with steam?

Not entirely sure why you are throwing the toys out of the pram, SI announced this long before release day, and besides you don't even have to use steam, if you have a disc version you only need a one time activation using steam, then you can play without steam as normal.

RichB888. Save your money. Buy yourself some tampons and valium and chill the **** out.

Stop ranting on every thread. Just give steam a chance. It makes F all difference to anything and even gives you achievements and discounted game offers.

Are you high mate?

Steam has NOTHING to do with the game. It only adds the achievements to the game. You can play it without Steam aswell, so I can't see your problem?

I didn't want Steam on MY OWN ******* PC, but I wanted FM12 more than I didn't want Steam on MY OWN ******* PC so I installed it, downloaded FM12 and everythin gis right in the world. It's not intrusive, loads FM quicker than FM itself and is no hassle whatsoever. Try it, you might like it.

Oh, and I built my PC too, I bought the parts. It's my ******* PC and I have no idea what the **** that has to do with anything.

Really? I would rather install via Steam. Updates are installed as soon as they are available, so there is no searching for them, downloading them, then installing them. You have the Steam Achievments, which add extra to the game, rather than just the buy/sell/win/pwn. If you don't like it, just activate, and use the disc like the rest that don't want to use Steam, rather than crying about it on every thread on the site.

I swear, I've never heard such absolute pathetic whinging and whining over something, that takes a matter of minutes to download (sometimes less), is a one time use to activate something, that never has to be used anymore, that DOES NOTHING TO THE PC, but more importantly screws up piratcy attempts...I mean really. You don't want it, then don't buy the dam game, and do us all a favour and sod off, so we can concentrate on helping other people out, rather than have to put up with...what is basically people acting like ****** spoilt 10 year children.

Unless you don't have an internet connection (not sure why you would have a computer without the internet) Steam is only a good thing unless you're a dirty pirate.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Maybe its because you built your PC and its so **** that Steam would run faster on a wooden spoon that it doesn't allow you to play?

This is the kind of nonsense that is slowing down the site? Die