Pie a Pint and a Pundit.

AldoKemp-1

Reaction score

http://www.clydebankpost.co.uk/news/aroundthetown/articles/2011/02/09/410124-legends-sign-up-for-pie-pint-pundit/

The "best storytellers" connected with Scottish football are being lined up for the celebrity charity event of the year.

Now in its third year, A Pie, a Pint and a Pundit will be held in the Goodyear Social Club, Drumchapel, as repairs to Clydebank Town Hall are carried out.

Now the highlight of the area's social calendar, this year's event has already confirmed appearances from Mark Hateley and Murdo MacLeod.

Hugh Keevins, who is organising the night with his daughter Lisa Monaghan, has vowed to use his countless football contacts to attract even more top names to the table on March 11.

The sports writer is hopeful this year's night of entertainment will top the previous two rip-roaring events.

Hugh told the Post: "I'm thinking about assembling the rest of it from an Old Firm flavour.

"We want great storytellers to entertain the audience.

"I'm going to be going round my friends and associates around the Old Firm and getting the best storytellers.

"Tam Cowan was great last year but is awaiting the arrival of his first child - we are also awaiting the arrival of his first child to see if Tam can join us.

"He was a sensation last year and he said he would come back."

Thousands of pounds was raised at last year's event for the Davie Cooper Centre - a facility for disabled children to be built near Great Western Road.

Anyone wishing to purchase tickets, priced £15, for the event, which begins at 7.30pm, can contact Lisa at [email protected].

Anyone going to this ?, I went last year and I'm going again what a laugh it is as it said last year Tam cowan went who writes a collum in the Daily Record which is usually really funny. Got my picture taken with Mark hateley And this year Ally Mccoist is supposed to be going aswell, Can't wait to meet him. Imagine there will be alot of talk about the Old firm after recent games and so on.

For people who don't know what this is basically it's a night out to ask question's the the panel such as radio stations like Real Radio, Talk sports etc. and getting a free pie and pint, Whilst having a drink aswell. the event is situated normally in a town hall in Clydebank however there is repairs being done and it is being held in a pub called the Goodyear in Drumchapel. ( A place where Hugh Keevins grew up) as he liked to mention alot last time. This event is put in place to build a centre for disabled children and will be called the Davie Cooper (Legend (H) ) Centre and will be based in Glasgow on Great Western road.

---------- Post added at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:58 PM ----------

well not sure if anyone has read this thread or whatever as there was no comments. I'm a little tipsy now and just back from the night. What a superb night it was and pretty sure for the 3rd year in a row the event was run superbly. Pundits this year where: Hugh Keevins - A man who I have mega respect for as he spends his time doing this night and his daughter runs the evening. Tam Cowan: A motherwell fan, restaurant critic, and writes his colum about football in the daily record. Guy is absolutley hilarious and what a laugh he gave us tonight. At one point the police came in during their local check up's and he said to them "Your two weeks late but the man your looking for is there" Pointing at Ally Mccoist. Superb. next man was a Celtic player Andy Walker: Once again a great guy, Tonight he seemed very shy but when asked of the questions he answered superb. and again shows the side of football we don't get to see is after the game when everyone is friends.And finally the main star of the night (not just saying this because im a gers man) Ally Mccoist. - The guy has just came back from Eindhoven mid-day today yet made the time to come to Drumchapel and sit at this fundraiser to take questions and have a laugh and at that he did. Only one member of the crowd asked what happened with Lennon and Mr Peter Martin of sky sports made sure the question was avoided due to certain reasons. There was plenty of laugh's at the event and a great fundraiser some people winning gers and celtic signed jersey's and balls. but highlights where moments speaking of the legend David Cooper! The story's that were told and once again I apologise to Celtic fans but was from Coisty who spoke about nutmegging Cooper and when he had the chance reached into his sock and gave him a paper letting him know he had been skinned by Coisty. Coopers response was: "In 15 years of playing football you have ******* skinned 1 player and you dare give me a card telling me about it" - This was when Coop had went to Motherwell and left Rangers whilst playing alongside Mccoist.

Obviously any questions people would like to ask me I'll try answer as best as possible. Most of my night I listened to Mccoist speak. and some of the stories where absolute superb. Any Rangers man care to know about the wind up's Gazza used to play one inparticular was the one on Gordon Durie. If you would like to know. Either comment on here or PM/VM me and i'll gladly tell you. Anyone in scotland even England if your willing to travel. I would advise next year try and get a ticket and come to this night out usually held in Clydebank town hall. Superb pundits and Panel great banter. and a great night overall. trust me.

Edit: Obviously I have spoken in great depth about the event but that's how important it is and how much of a great night it is.

Sounded like a good night :)

And I Agree Tam Cowan is class loved the joke about the police being 2 weeks late lol XD

Sounded like a good night :)

And I Agree Tam Cowan is class loved the joke about the police being 2 weeks late lol XD

Honest to god was so funny XD there was a young team standing in the corner and so many jokes where cracked towards them it was so funny XD one point Hugh keevins told a story about taking davie cooper to bars to interview him (laundering dirty money which he didn't know) and he went to grapes a well known rangers pub. now Hugh is a celtic man which we all know and he was talking about the big drum behind the bar and mccoist jumped in and said "I've played it" XD superb. story was told and hugh thanked the people in the pub for their treatment towards him in which the reply was "Your not out yet" so he told that story and eventually later in the night someone shouted "Your not out yet" as he spoke and he said "Im from Lochgoin avenue (place in Drumchapel) Your no oot yet!! " Honestly I had tickets to sale for that night and I would seriously suggest anyone who is interested in raising money for a good cause and loves football to go to this night out. It is honestly superb.

Last edited: