Status
Not open for further replies.

kresh

Reaction score
So I've poached this guy from villareal this summer and he looks VERY promising. His only weakness seems to be a lack of flair. So is there any way to improve it?

it can be icreased by itself u have nothing to do about it, but don't expect a jump... at most 2 points

it can be icreased by itself u have nothing to do about it, but don't expect a jump... at most 2 points

I stress again: Ball Control training.
Seasea is wrong.

You can easily get quite a number of points, provided you yank BC training all the way up.

EDIT:
But again, too bad. A winger like that, with decent stats everywhere else. It's a shame, really.

Seasea is wrong.

You can easily get quite a number of points, provided you yank BC training all the way up.

EDIT:
But again, too bad. A winger like that, with decent stats everywhere else. It's a shame, really.
ok thanks, will do.
And yeah, it can't increase by itself

Depending on your tactics he would make an ok wide midfielder/defensive winger.

Flair cannot be increased by training alone.

Flair cannot be increased by training alone.

I don't know why I bother.
You are wrong.

Flair is increased, as I've already stated a few times, by BC training. Yes, you can easily increase it by "training alone", and I'm very unsure what you consider this mysterious other part of the supposed "training equation" to be.

EDIT: And why are people even replying when they don't know what they're talking about?
Stop it, you're only helping to ruin it for the original poster, and everyone reading the thread wondering the same thing.

Seasea is wrong.

EDIT:

i am not wrong, what training you do it will increase at most 2 points.. i bet it wont be 3+... if you want you can test it for 10 years...

i am not wrong, what training you do it will increase at most 2 points.. i bet it wont be 3+... if you want you can test it for 10 years...
That's an awesome claim, isn't it?
"Herp derp I say it won't be 3+, derp herp".
That still doesn't make you right, and please stop ruining this for everyone else.
Anyone with knowledge of FM11 training know I'm right. Anyone without knowledge, who are in need of aid, go here.

Lol, Ball control training does not improve flair much. Flair is a bit hard to improve, have a tutor with high flair helps the most.

Also determination can not make up for flair. Determination may make up for lack of workrate or bravery, but being determined and driven won't improve someones ability to do something unexpected.

and insulting one of the most respected members of the Football manager community isn't going to make you very popular, or correct for that matter.

I don't know why I bother.
You are wrong.

Flair is increased, as I've already stated a few times, by BC training. Yes, you can easily increase it by "training alone", and I'm very unsure what you consider this mysterious other part of the supposed "training equation" to be.

EDIT: And why are people even replying when they don't know what they're talking about?
Stop it, you're only helping to ruin it for the original poster, and everyone reading the thread wondering the same thing.

Really....Try reading the guides written on Sports interactive and other sites. Ball Control helps but will not increase the stat. Usually Flair will increase itself over time, or with tutoring. The tutor player needs a high flair stat

That's an awesome claim, isn't it?
"Herp derp I say it won't be 3+, derp herp".
That still doesn't make you right, and please stop ruining this for everyone else.
Anyone with knowledge of FM11 training know I'm right. Anyone without knowledge, who are in need of aid, go here.

How about you stop being an arrogant SOB and accept people have different opinions on things? Everybody has a method that works, so stop slating them and let them try. Thats one of the good points of the game. Finally finding a method that works, and getting the best out of them, and having a successful season. The whole point of the game. Working hard to find a formula that works through hard work.

Lol, Ball control training does not improve flair much. Flair is a bit hard to improve, have a tutor with high flair helps the most.
Flair isn't really mucher harder to improve, you just have to yank the BC-training all the way up. With a bit of luck, the player will develop flair at decent pace.

Also determination can not make up for flair. Determination may make up for lack of workrate or bravery, but being determined and driven won't improve someones ability to do something unexpected.
Is completely correct.

and insulting one of the most respected members of the Football manager community isn't going to make you very popular, or correct for that matter.
Who, "seasea"?
Or "StuW"?
The first I got annoyed at, because he obviously doesn't know what he is talking about, after I already told him he was wrong... and the latter I merely told was wrong.

I can't find anything insulting in either of my posts, really. Arrogant, maybe, or snide, but not insulting.

If you think I'm here for the kicks of being popular you are also sadly mistaken. I am here to aid in cases like this. Chances are I've been playing championship/football manager a lot longer than most of the people here, so I'm happy to help anyone I can.

Really....Try reading the guides written on Sports interactive and other sites. Ball Control helps but will not increase the stat. Usually Flair will increase itself over time, or with tutoring. The tutor player needs a high flair stat
I never said having a tutor didn't help, I've just been saying that it would increase by giving a player lots of ball control training. What I'm saying is true. Having a high-flair tutor is certainly also beneficial, yes, but that doesn't relate to the point of mine that you people have been disputing.

How about you stop being an arrogant SOB and accept people have different opinions on things? Everybody has a method that works, so stop slating them and let them try. Thats one of the good points of the game. Finally finding a method that works, and getting the best out of them, and having a successful season. The whole point of the game. Working hard to find a formula that works through hard work.

Sure, if this was a matter of "What position do you like playing X in?".
The problem is that my solution is factual, and the solution to a very specific question. This is not based on some kind of opinion. If you want to increase flair, you give a player lots of BC training.

Last edited:
Flair isn't really mucher harder to improve, you just have to yank the BC-training all the way up. With a bit of luck, the player will develop flair at decent pace.

Is completely correct.

Who, "seasea"?
Or "StuW"?
and the latter I merely told was wrong.

But he wasn't, you took his small comment and made what you wanted out of it

I can't find anything insulting in either of my posts, really. Arrogant, maybe, or snide, but not insulting.

I don't think you know what "insult" means, especially since you admitted why you were insulting and didn't even know it

If you think I'm here for the kicks of being popular you are also sadly mistaken. I am here to aid in cases like this. Chances are I've been playing championship/football manager a lot longer than most of the people here, so I'm happy to help anyone I can.

So you are here to be a douche?

FLAIR is a mental stat. Therefore, it will not be affected by Ball Control training.

Flair cannot be increased with training alone. However flair increases with tutoring a youngster with a player who has high flair.

Is completely correct.
Is wrong, but I'm sure if you keep saying it it'll turn right.

Who, "seasea"?
Or "StuW"?
The first I got annoyed at, because he obviously doesn't know what he is talking about, after I already told him he was wrong... and the latter I merely told was wrong.
See the green name? That stands for something. Work it out.

Alright Superman, we don't need a ****** hero to tell us what to do. If this is your idea of "aid", I dread to think what your special variant of "verbal abuse" is. And I can assure you, even if playing CM and FM longer than anyone else was somehow a prerequisite for helpfulness and usefulness to the site, you almost certainly haven't.

Is completely correct.

Who, "seasea"?
Or "StuW"?

This is something I highly doubt.

I mean come one. The names are green for a reason, as highlighted. Show some respect. I've been playing FM for a good while, like when it came out on the commodore 64, but that doesn't mean i know everything. I still respect other members opinion, as there are still things I'm missing and doing wrong, as they're more analytical, and I admit thats my flaw, and I appreciate the advice they give.

Status
Not open for further replies.