karabas1543

Reaction score
Hi all!

I've been shadowing this board for a while, decided to finally ask a question. I'm playing as Blyth in BSN and am about to finish my first season, in which I managed to snag fourth place and have a small chance of getting promoted through the play-offs.

Here's the problem. I've signed a bunch of players throughout the season, but the team gelled really well and we kicked **** in the second half of the season (something like 2 losses in 20 games). However, a couple of my key players are finishing up their contracts and don't want to re-sign! In particular, my star 21-yr old right fullback who's started every game except two this season and has averaged a 7.03. He doesn't want to even enter new contract negotiations.

My team is overall happy, but I did upset a few players by removing them from the starting rotation once the new signings came in. A couple also got upset over difficult training schedules, which I made easy, and I played a couple of my key players (including the fullback) when they had a "rest" icon next to their names.

Overall, it seems that players don't like me too much even though the team is "exceeding all expectations" in the league and several players have "proud of the team's position in the league" in their info section.

Any tips on what I could be doing wrong?

EDIT: Just realized the title says "resign". I'm kinda sleepy and didn't realize re-sign without the dash means something else entirely :)

They want professional status/full time training/higher rep - it has nothing to do with your style; the AI isn't smart enough to hold grudges unless it directly says they are unhappy. I'm guessing you're talking about Groves, Vipond & Taylor. You may have missed the window where they (Vipond at least) will re-sign (usually December). Blyth won't allow professional status until league 2 or they wouldn't for me on two saves anyway. Groves and Taylor will return the following year on a non-contract initiated by the club; some of the others will bail if you missed the window. This is one time the poor AI recruitment may help you...

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks, didn't expect another Blyth manager to be around :) I did snag Vipond and Taylor around December, but forgot about Groves and he's the one I'm most worried about. I don't have any sort of decent replacement for his position. Thanks for the tips, though, hopefully I will manage to get him back. Overall I'm not really complaining because I'm trying to get rid of a lot of players and contract expiration seems like an easy way to go about it, but there are a few players I would prefer to have and they don't seem to want to stay.

Since you've managed Blyth, any idea what I can do with Jamie Mole? He's supposedly the best player in the team and I pay him more than any other player, but he has never really scored well for me and I have kept him on the reserves or the bench over the past season. Mason, on the other hand, is the #3 top scorer in the league for me. I had the same problem with Armstrong, but I put him in a DLF position and he started doing better, so maybe the same with work for Mole? And if not, how do I get rid of a "good" player I don't want? He's costing the club money, but if I try to transfer list him, everyone will get upset.

The game is never the same and player success seems to be somewhat based on annual randomness and hidden attributes. Strikers are almost always streaky and inconsistent in my games - drives me nuts. I did a recent save with Eastwood and the entire season was a headache due to inconsistent strikers. I went through seven different ones including new signings and none of them scored regularly regardless of the tactic or role changes. Two of them had 13-15 hour stretches between goals and they were 3-4 star players.

I had good success with Mole one save and another time I didn't re-sign him due to poor finances. I wouldn't worry too much about transfers and fan/club approval. If you need to move a player just get rid of him even if it's a free transfer or forced departure. If you sign a decent replacement it evens up the confidence level.

Pi$$ing a player off is the easiest way to get them to agree to a mutual termination if no team wants them via transfer. Make sure their status is set to first team and then drop them and don't use them no matter what. When they complain promise to play them and just don't follow through. Once they are unhappy (a month later) they will agree to a mutual termination in most cases. The job of a Football Manager requires a heavy hand at times.... :)

I'm in the first half of December with Truro and couldnt get Counago, Laurent Robert or David Fernandez to sign for another year.

I've just beaten MK Dons & Rotherham to make it to the FA Cup 3rd round and they all agreed (little bit more money, but still part-time)

Could be the timing (early Dec seems to make sense) or the Cup Run...

Managed to tie Counago down til 2014 (other 2 are too old)

It was the cup run... Your team gains reputation as they beat better teams, win competitions and succeed in the league. Teams all have different starting reps so the timing for signing potential for FA's will vary from team to team as the team rep grows. Players have different reputation standards based on their CA/PA/personal reputation.

Hm, to me it seems that forwards, especially in the lower leagues are all about speed. I just got promoted to BSP and Mason is still firing on all cylinders, simply because he outruns the opposition defense. He misses a lot of chances, but he creates enough to score a goal or two per game. Although to be fair his goalscoring increased dramatically since I got good wingers with good passing who feed him through balls to run on to.

You were right about the board holding on to Groves without a contract. Happened to me too. I don't feel safe though, gotta go find a new fullback for his position.

Thanks for the advice on letting a player go. I'm not sure if I should get rid of him, but he's done nothing for me and is taking a salary that's way better than anyone else's. I could hire a star player in his stead with that money.

hi, totally of subject but im just wondering when i get a transfer bid accepted for a player they don't want to enter contract negotiations im wondering if there's a way to get around this