Players for recently-promoted Spanish team..?

Miller11

Reaction score
Hey, I'm not really great at asking advice for things like this but I just wanted some help...

I'm in my fourth season and I've just been promoted to Liga BBVA with F.C Real Jaen. We did pretty well in Liga Adelante, finished second with only two defeats - too many stupid draws from winning positions cost us the title by three points.

I'm predicted to finish rock bottom and to be honest, I don't feel that my team is up to the task despite a good season last year. My budget is pretty fair, I suppose, £3m to spend and about £105k on wages, £80k of which I'm using up.

So far I've signed A. Federici, J. Van Damme and F. Coquelin. Hardly La Liga quality but Moya, Sully Muntari, Nicolas Bendtner and Roque Santa Cruz turned me down because I couldn't afford their wages.

Financially as a club we're in a strong position because I sold a couple of fringe players for some decent money and we'll have a youth academy built next year too.

Does anyone reccommend any cheaper players on low wages (£10k-ish) that could possibly help? I don't really have any massively strong areas in my team, my top scorer Juan Villar can bang them in for fun at lower levels but I feel he's going to struggle at a higher standard of football and Dorian Devite was a good defender last year but I don't think that he's going to stop Villa, Higuain or Forlan.

Or am I better off sticking with what I have and just facing the prospect of going back down a division with a team that I know can get me promoted again but this time I'll have decent youth facilities and a chance to build up a team that can actually cut it in La Liga?

I play 4-4-2 by the way. Or sometimes a 4-3-2-1 with a defensive midfielder.

Take a look on the loan list, should be decent players you won't have to pay much for.