degsy1

Reaction score
Im manager of Celtic and Scotland and I have a few youngsters in my Celtic squad who are uncapped and either eligible or about to become eligible for Scotland, but for one of them it says "sees no benefit".
Is there any way to change his mind as Id like to give him a shot in the squad as FM makes every nation other than England pish after the first few years or so and no Scottish players come through.

you can try to become the U-21 or U-19 manager for Scotland then have a private chat with them about their nationality. Most times players do not want to take on citizenship if a) they are already an EU citizen or b) have a good shot of being called up by their current nation.

also if you're the manager of Scotland, then there should be a good amount of Scottish regens in the game bc Scotland is playable. Try getting your youth facilities, recruitment network, and junior coaching upgraded.

There are plenty of Scottish regens coming through, just none that are any good. Currently have a 2010 network game that is almost at 2030 and the Scottish regens are terrible. Ive noticed that when you'r that far in, most of the coaches and players in Scotland are English (and St Mirren are consistently winning the league???), but thats not my main gripe on this thread.

Can't seem to ask any of these players to make themselves eligible. I have Balotelli at Celtic and he has no Italian caps, but isn't interested in becoming avaliable for Scotland. I shoudl be able to suggest to him as his manager that it would benefit his career. Something to look at for 2013 SI.

You may want to invest in your own youth facilities. Unfortunately I do not see any other way to help.