Players vanish

Micky Pain

Reaction score
So I'm playing another lower-league game in Spain this time, and suddenly it starts to happen that players simply vanish on me.

Not only vanishing from season to season, but just now I had two guys that I scouted, both free agents aged 25 and 27 simply disappear out of the game DURING CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS.

I found them, offered them a contract, they seem to accept the wages (no "no intention of joining or anything") and two days later they are simply gone.
Searching the name gives no results and the link from the news-emails (Pain chases XYZ etc) is simply dead, and I didn't see any news item saying the player retired or anything.

Has anyone have this happen before, or have any idea why this occurs?
It's really frustrating, as those two guys took a long-*** time to find and they would most certainly have become the teams top players....

That's wierd man :( I've never seen anything like that. Only thing I can think of is possibly a skin or other addon you've downloaded creating an error or bug of some sort, or a virus :S Hope some one can help you soon man.

Sometimes you don't get news items when players retire. I've had young good players like that retire out of the blue at an early age. I guess they get sick of being a free agent and quit.

on football manager 2008 i remember having henrick larrson in my team and half way through the season he just dissapeared from my squad, however when i searched for him it said he still played for my team but i couldnt find him anywhere