Players who defy logic

Ubernisation

Reaction score
Ok, so in FM 09 I had some players who defined logic, their stats were not good, my scouts and coaches didn't rate them, heck I didn't think they were good enough, but despite this they performed and excelled for my various teams. I'll post a few examples:

Mateo Figoli:

moz-screenshot-2.png
matteofigoli.png

Truly average i'm sure you'll agree, but had an average rating for 7.39 in 39 games in Serie B and scored 27 goals. Thought he'd be useless in Serie A, but he has outshone my Mexican international Matias Vuoso, who has 19 finishing for one, and has a higher average rating, has started more games and scored more goals over the course of the season.

Marian Bellak:

marianbellak.png

Bought him in BSP with Rushden and Diamonds on a free transfer from Bardejov with the idea of him being a bit part player aimed at getting me promoted- he did come for free after all. In the BSP he had an average rating of 7.25 with 22 goals in 34 games, which is not that remarkable as he is a decent standard for that league. Following into league 2 I though i'd give him a chance seeing as he performed so well in BSP, He had an average season with a rating of 6.88 and 11 goals in 31 games. Next in League 1 I thought this would be too much for him, but he proved me wrong and got 15 goals in 36 matches with an average rating of 7.10. He's still first choice striker in my 2nd league 1 season.

And finally Tim Clancy:

No picture, but a very average player who came from Bohemians on my Burnley game, he held down my right back position for 2 full seasons in the premiership, including a season where I got into the Euro Cup. His stats were nowhere near that of a premier league player, he had just been drafted in as back up when I was in the championship. He kept the likes of Spector, Andreas Beck and Daniel Opare from the main squad!

So, are there any interesting player you've had this happen with in FM 09 or FM 10? I always find it quite enjoyable when a statistically rubbish player turns up good :)