Pogrebnyak vs. Cardozo

• Thread starter Thread starter iDood
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 2K

iDood

Reaction score
I have started a new game as Tottenham, and I am not a fan of any of their strikers, and I was wondering, who is a better target man out of Pavel Pogrebnyak and Oscar Cardozo. Pogrebnyak is available to me for £3.1 million, (£5 million cheaper than Cardozo) however money is not a problem. Is it possible that they could make a deadly combination up front?

Thanks

if your gonna play them both upfront it wouldn't work too similar.

but if you were to sign one of them ill go for cardozo.

Okay, who should I look at to play with Cardozo?

Okay, who should I look at to play with Cardozo?

maybe you can get ivica olic aswell get him for like 4.5m

hes got quality stats maybe his finshing is abit low but he scored 27 goals for my everton season, You could probs get him to play off cardozo.

Last edited:
i've signed Pogrebnyak for both liverpool and city and he's been absolute class, had them both at the same time and ended up loaning Cardozo to lazio, first season with liverpool he got me 23 goals, first season with city 15, just sold him for 17mill 2 lyon, only paid 5.5 for him!! trust me pal;)

yeah i'd get cardozo and he's got great stats and i'd play someone like tevez cos trust me he can get the goals but that pogrebnyak is one for the future and a good player

I signed Pogrebnyak on my Barcelona save two seasons ago and he's been very solid, despite being much of a rotation player.

Highly recommend him.

Cardozo is a safer bet...although Pogrebnyak can be immense if he settles in well

pavlachenko is really great in a 4231 formation. he was really great for me first season when he were played alone up front. he was top score that year in premier league.
similar like you i dont like tottenhams striker either so i bought cardozo for the 2nd season. but he doenst seem to work for me as lone striker, he played 12 games now and scored twice and 2 assist. i dunno your formation? but as lone striker cardozo doesnt seem to work for me :(

my setup:

gomes
Bosingwa, sakho, Fazio, Bale

Huddlestone, ohara
Dos santos, Diego, Modric
pavlochenko

with this setup both chenko and my Offencive midfielders scores alot of goals.

Credit for the tactic to wayne. the tactic is under the tactic forum.

sign Cardozo his is excellent.
And better than Pavel Pogrebnyak.

I have Cardozo in a 4-2-3-1 for my villa squad and he is immense. took a long while to settle in to the tactics though.

Cardozo is far better than Progrebnyak cos he has very high ratings for target-man requisites.Usually scores more when u play him up top in a 4 3 2 1 formation.Totally worth the cash!

cardozo is more consistant and is taller and stronger to be your target man BUT Progrebnyak has got a great work rate to put some pressure on upfront so its tough but i would go for cardozo still

here cba to write the whole squad so. had to start a new game with spurss :|

i put expectations on 'title challenge'

Last edited:
Gatid u dont like Spurs in real right i hate them there so luck i hope utd beat em 3000-0 lol

Gatid u dont like Spurs in real right i hate them there so luck i hope utd beat em 3000-0 lol

of course i HATE spurs

i just took them just to show what my team would be lol

arsenal fan.

I had them both at hoffenheim. After one season cardoso scored 13 and pabrobnyak 16. There is no important diference between them. Pabrobnyak was unsetled and I sold him at Wingam in England.

cardozo is god!!! get him at all costs, unless u are fulham or other teams whereby money if a problem, u can consider progrebnyak.... cant c 2 much difference between them though

Cardozo guarantees goals... (1) have him take your free kicks he'll score 1/3 from the right side of the pitch ....
(2) at corners set him on "near post flick on"... make sure he's alone there...have an in swinging decent corner taker, he'll get a good 10 goals a season just from corners of course depends on how many corners you can get.
(3) on open play.. his heading is second to none and long shots are near perfect..

Basicly Cardozo would make my FM09 starting 11.

Back