Man Utd close to signing keeper

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Manchester United chief executive David Gill tells BBC Sport the club are close to signing a new keeper to replace the retiring Edwin van der Sar.

More...

It was confirmed in the beginning of the season. Nothing new. Just curious who the new GK is gonna be:)

I know that but some people were saying recently that he was reconsidering his retirement.

We have known this for some time but with David Gill confirming last night that SAF already knows who he wants and the bid has been made etc it sounds very promising... Could it be De Gea who will decide his future next month? He would be my choice if I could pick to be honest.

Hopefully we give VdS a final game to remember wit victory over Barcelona. The Dutch stopper has been an outstanding assit for us since joining and is a role model for all young goalkeepers.

Neuer to Bayern M for only 13m. Hate how german clubs sell cheaply to each other. Would of loved to see him replace VDS. De Gea would be great also or Adler.

Fergie said we will sign 2-3 or 3-4 players this summer. VDS was asked about reconsidering the retirement in a post match interview (Forgot the match) but he didn't answer that.

Wonder who will be our new GK. Neuer would be dream signing..

Portuguese media is saying that's Sporting CP goalkeeper Rui Patricio..

Neuer to Bayern M for only 13m. Hate how german clubs sell cheaply to each other. Would of loved to see him replace VDS. De Gea would be great also or Adler.

They pay 25m euros for him though, 18m up front, and then 7m if they become champions and win the champions league. So it really isn't that cheap.

Fergie said we will sign 2-3 or 3-4 players this summer. VDS was asked about reconsidering the retirement in a post match interview (Forgot the match) but he didn't answer that.

Wonder who will be our new GK. Neuer would be dream signing..
think it was one of the Schalke games. When asked he just said "next question".

Sky's Guilleme Balague - the man in the know in Spain - has said that Atletico have accepted a bid from Utd for De Gea and its up to the player whether he wants to go or not

Sky's Guilleme Balague - the man in the know in Spain - has said that Atletico have accepted a bid from Utd for De Gea and its up to the player whether he wants to go or not

He normally gets these things correct too. Predicted us signing Suarez and Carroll and selling Torres. I have to say, I've never even really seen De Gea play, I've seen Neuer and he was very good.

CQ rencent record in recommending players isn't the best though lol

Maybe a bad Manager but excellent at spotting talents. Yes we signed Bebe on his word, but we have to wait to see what he can do.

Rafael, Fabio, Anderson, Nani, are all his recommended signings.

Madrid could have signed Pepe for 3 Million when CQ recommended, but few years later they signed him for 30 Million Euros.

Fergie trusts him a lot.

CQ is a bad manager but he's probably the best guy around when it comes down to spot new talents. Bebe , in my opinion was a bad signing, because Fergie rarely plays him, and i am pretty sure if he sent him on a loan to a team like Nottingham, Boro, Derby County, he would win alot of experience...