Man Utd close to signing keeper

Im sure its all down to De Gea, Stekelenburg and Rui Patricio.
I hope that it will be De Gea.

Hope it's not Stekelenberg. He's good but not among the world's best. I want to see Lloris, De Gea, Adler at Utd... in that order.

City probably wouldnt sell to us but how about shay given? Easily one of the best keepers in the league would be cheap and has vast amounts of experience still has a good 4-5 years in him too.

De gea has talent but tbh I dont want such a young keeper at united id rather have someone who has the experience knowledge and know how of the premier league

City probably wouldnt sell to us but how about shay given? Easily one of the best keepers in the league would be cheap and has vast amounts of experience still has a good 4-5 years in him too.

De gea has talent but tbh I dont want such a young keeper at united id rather have someone who has the experience knowledge and know how of the premier league

You dont need to know the prem to be a good keeper

De Gea already has that confidence and command that is vital to being one of the best, as well as being a great shot stopper. He looks like Iker at that stage, in fact i would say he is better than Casilias was at that stage, and thats no mean feat

De Gea already has that confidence and command that is vital to being one of the best, as well as being a great shot stopper. He looks like Iker at that stage, in fact i would say he is better than Casilias was at that stage, and thats no mean feat

Yeah. Spot on. We need a keeper who can command the area not just good stop stopper. De Gea fits the bill, but still hope it is one among Neuer or Adler..

Ajax have told BBC Sport that goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg, reported to be a possible target for Manchester United, is having discussions with the Dutch club about a new contract.

From the BBC's transfer rumour page.

Whoever we sign has big boots to fill what im saying is signing someone so young and inexperienced when it comes to premier league football is a huge gamble. De gea has potential but they said djemba djemba would be uniteds vieria because he had 'potential'. Its not easy to adapt to the premier league style no matter what the position. What if de gea has a shaky start it knocks his confidence we would have no experienced keeper to 'tutor' and mentor. Lindegaard de gea and amos our 3 keepers for next season possibly, id much rather see a proven goalkeeper who already is one of the best around, not someone who has the potential to be.

Whoever we sign has big boots to fill what im saying is signing someone so young and inexperienced when it comes to premier league football is a huge gamble. De gea has potential but they said djemba djemba would be uniteds vieria because he had 'potential'. Its not easy to adapt to the premier league style no matter what the position. What if de gea has a shaky start it knocks his confidence we would have no experienced keeper to 'tutor' and mentor. Lindegaard de gea and amos our 3 keepers for next season possibly, id much rather see a proven goalkeeper who already is one of the best around, not someone who has the potential to be.

De Gea isnt that inexperienced. What if an experienced keepeer comes in and doesnt adapt? He has command and control, shot stopping, and most importantly he's good in the air. thats vital for the PL

He has 50 appearances already for Athletico Madrid and I am more than sure he will fill out his potential. And so what if he's not one of the absolute best goalkeepers yet (which btw, neither is Stekelenburg or Rui Patricio)? He will be able to play from now till his career ends, which is 15+ years, provided he wants to.

Having a goalkeeper on your side for 15 years would be invaluable.

Maartin Stekelenburg looks like he might possibly sign a new deal at current club Ajax although romous in Germany say Schalke are lining him up to replace Manuel Neuer who looks set to join Bayern Munich. Following this news, I think it paths the way for David de Gea to come in (my first choice anyway). Although he is young which for a goalkeeper playing at the top level could some times be a problem but with de Gea I don't see it being one. I have watched the lad a couple of times and every time he has looked fantastic. He commands hes box very well, he is a brilliant shot stopper and seems a very confident young lad. Being a young age, it can only be a good deal for Man Utd as we'd have one of the best young goalkeepers, a real talent on our hands for many seasons to come.

Lets not forget that neither Neuer or Adler (previously linked but has gone off the boil) are vastly experienced, Rui Patricio isn't either. Stekelenburg has a lot of experience, but only in Holland. De Gea is just as experienced as all the other names being talked about.

If we wanted experience then the only options that look viable would be Reina (expensive, controversial, unlikely considering the recent takeover and resurgant on pitch performances of 'Pool) or Buffon (ageing, still expensive, and unsure of his recent form and injury status)

My money is on De Gea.