Man Utd close to signing keeper

He normally gets these things correct too. Predicted us signing Suarez and Carroll and selling Torres. I have to say, I've never even really seen De Gea play, I've seen Neuer and he was very good.

Yea he usually is spot on. Has also said Llorente will sign for Madrid, Altintop too.

I'd say if De Gea decides to stay then we'll sign the Ajax keeper. VDS recommendation apparently

Hes got the height of Kahn with the acrobatic physique of Casillas, unbelievable keeper is David De Gea, I'm sure if any United fan youtube searches him they will see why. Don't know if they recall but against Liverpool in last seasons Europa League he was outstanding and he is unbelievably consistent week in week out in La Liga. His distribution is either through an insanely quick/flat throw or a long deep kick, his technical skills off his line/positioning is unbelievable, all round a brilliant signing.*

*When it goes through

CQ is a bad manager but he's probably the best guy around when it comes down to spot new talents. Bebe , in my opinion was a bad signing, because Fergie rarely plays him, and i am pretty sure if he sent him on a loan to a team like Nottingham, Boro, Derby County, he would win alot of experience...

How is it a bad signing because a raw youth player isn't playing?

Looking forward to seeing who it is, hopefully De Gea/Adler.

Hes got the height of Kahn with the acrobatic physique of Casillas, unbelievable keeper is David De Gea, I'm sure if any United fan youtube searches him they will see why. Don't know if they recall but against Liverpool in last seasons Europa League he was outstanding and he is unbelievably consistent week in week out in La Liga. His distribution is either through an insanely quick/flat throw or a long deep kick, his technical skills off his line/positioning is unbelievable, all round a brilliant signing.*

*When it goes through

If it goes through

I'd be surprised if it isn't De Gea. Neuer has said that he is leaving Schalke but not Germany, implying he is going to Bayern. I don't think there is much talk about Adler and it's hard to think of anybody else who is available and to the standard of Edwin. I guess this will be a bit of a waiting game however. Need a top creative central midfielder, would have hoped for Nuri Sahin but he's gone to Real for a measly 6 Million.

How is it a bad signing because a raw youth player isn't playing?

Looking forward to seeing who it is, hopefully De Gea/Adler.

He's 20 years old and they signed him for 8m. I haven't watched the reserve games myself, but I've heard he hasn't done amazing in those either.

"We've made the decision of who we want, we've been associated with all the top goalkeepers in Europe over the past six months, but we've known who we wanted for many months and we aim to achieve that," added Gill.

Got this off the BBC Source, but by reading that does this perhaps suggest that it could be someone not expected again? Like Hernandez kinda signing? I hope it is a De Gea or a Neuer but not sure it is after reading this... could be wrong though.

"We've made the decision of who we want, we've been associated with all the top goalkeepers in Europe over the past six months, but we've known who we wanted for many months and we aim to achieve that," added Gill.

Got this off the BBC Source, but by reading that does this perhaps suggest that it could be someone not expected again? Like Hernandez kinda signing? I hope it is a De Gea or a Neuer but not sure it is after reading this... could be wrong though.

Won't be Neuer as Bayern have agreed a fee with Schalke. Either De Gea or Stekelenburg imo

Won't be Neuer as Bayern have agreed a fee with Schalke. Either De Gea or Stekelenburg imo

I bet you it is that dutch keeper Stekelenberg or however you spell, although I do not think he is an EVDS.... handling seems rather poor but his shot stopping is good.

I think it will be Stekelenbur. Eric Steele said long time back that Stekelenburg will be VDS replacement. Haven't watched much, but hope Fergie gets it spot on.

Fergie brother has been seen at Atletico matches over the past year scouting De Gea. Fergie and goalkeeping coach Eric Steele have also been seen at games. Think its in the bag that

My mate who is a Utd supporter is dead certain its De Gea. My god i hope its someone like Roy Carroll again. Big risk for me bringing in a young keeper like that, i would have thought it would have been better doing it at the start of this season to work closely with VDS because if De Gea struggles in the PL then who have Utd got to fall back on?? Saying that he has great potential and although i think he will be a hit i hope he isent.

Anyone remember when Reina was rumored to be in Man Utd eyes? Wonder if its him.