King James

Gooner from Ghana
Reaction score
I've started a game with Pompey, doing pretty poorly, but got a consortium take over.

Anyway when I attempt to sign players, even on free transfer - when it comes to sign them it says 'the transfer could not be completed'. I am not under any sort of embargo and I cannot understand what's going on. Also despite having 60k+ under my wage budget I can only offer 'Key Players' £90 p/w. If anybody could shed any light on my situation that would be good. If it matters I am using one of LFC Marshall's Jan updates.

Thanks in advance,

James

Has the consortium take over been completed already? the new directors are in place on the staff screen?

:s sorry mate, ive never seen that before, sounds like a bug. can you roll back to an older save?

The consortium hasnt inserted any money so club is still in debt and cant offer anything. I had same thing.

Okay, so did you just have to wait it out?

Yea just trying to play with youth players and some of the players at start. Bit stop start save for me cos I started month ago and havent yet made it to january.

I've also just started a game with Pompey after winning everything with Tottenham, and am in the same predicament. I'm using whatever players I have and can't sign anyone either. I'm hoping it changes in January but if it doesn't we'll likely go down and I'll rebuild from there.

Its actually a challenge I'm enjoying after my Tottenham game.

yer i have just again started wiv pompey as i wanted the challenge of trying to get them out of the relegation battle but the only thing you can do is wait till the end of the season before you can sign players as on one of me old saves that is what pompey had to do before they could sign players.