Missing players: Juan Mata

LAST MEETING
spain-flag.jpg
Spain
1-0 Portugal
flag-portugal.gif

2010 World Cup - 1st knock-out round

Last edited:
Hoping for a portugal win, how's nani been playing for them recently? heard he;s been quite good for portugal over the past year

Hoping for a portugal win, how's nani been playing for them recently? heard he;s been quite good for portugal over the past year

He's been pretty good, I'd even say that he is currently our best player. His injury before the WC was quite an headache to Portugal, as Ronaldo wasn't playing at his best, leaving us with no offensive power.

Hoping Portugal can prove we aren't just 'noisy neighbours' and get a big win which will help with confidence going into the Euro Qualifiers..

Don't think Spain will play their strongest team, and looks like Torres is going to miss out with the injury he got vs Stoke.

Thats a really nice OP one of the best i have seen liking the wee flags

I honestly think we'll win it.

Portugal always have good players but are never fully competitive. They remind me as what Spain have been since I started following football until Euro 2008.

I'm sorry but I won't be able to post a stream as it isn't available yet and I will leave now and will only be back after the game. If anyone finds a link I'd appreciate if you could post it here.

Thank you and I'm sorry

One **** of an important match. Even though this is a 'friendly', there is no friendliness between these sides. This is for the Bragging Rights of Iberia. As world champions, you would favour Spain, however, this match is as important as a World Cup final for Portugal.
As a fan of football, I can see this being a 1-1 or 2-2 draw. However, as a Spain fan, I want a 2-0 win.

Either way, this will be a spectacle.

best get the other TV set up in the bedroom then....

Currently half time and Portugal are leading! :D

Carlos Martins smashing home with a half volley after some incredible skill from Ronaldo on the wing just on the stroke of half time.

Portugal 1-0 Spain - HT.

P.S Stadium looks almost empty, any ideas as to why?

---------- Post added at 03:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

2-0 portugal!!!!

Viva portugal!!!

Helder postiga back heel!!

Woooooooooo

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

Also, incase anyone wants a stream;

http://www.vipstand.net/watch/11243/1/watch-portugal-vs-spain.html

We've been absolutely brilliant so far, that goal that was disallowed, that Ronaldo scored, excelent really, top stuff.

Lets see if we can win it ^^

Ronaldo's disallowed goal was insane. Whoever it was that headed it in and made it offside should be ashamed for being a goal thief. Amazing goal. Made Casillas look like a child.

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 AM ----------

PORTUGAL 3-0 SPAIN!!

Helder Postiga AGAIN!!

Battering the World Champions. Proves my theories.

1.Queiroz is ****.
2. Postiga > Almeida & Liedson
3. Their World Cup win over us was a fluke.

F*** england. it's all about portugal. Been supporting them since about 2002 world cup as my grandparents live there. Was expecting a win but certainly not 3-0

Should be 5 had Nani not been an arsehole.

Ronaldo had an amazing goal ruled out because Nani headed it in on the line but was offside. Then straight after we went 2-0 up. He was one on one with two players square, but tried to chip Casillas and it went straight into his arms.

We've fully battered them.

---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 AM ----------

Also, please bring Nani off. Rest him. We've won this game, bring him off. United need him at the moment.

Portugal 3 - 0 Spain

If we had this team in WC you would all cry.

Not this team, this manager!

---------- Post added at 03:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

PORTUGAL 4-0 SPAIN!!

Hugo Almeida!

SNM.

Portugal 4-0 Spain - FT.

Well, well, well.. still a one man team? Considering Ronaldo came off at HT and we scored 3 second half goals?