Alex

Andre Villas Boas <3
Reaction score
Hi guys,

At the moment I am 5 seasons in with Birmingham. Have just won the premier league however the 'goals conceded' column could be looking a lot better. In my 38 league games I scored 100 goals but conceded 46, now for title winners I am sure you will agree that it is quite a lot.

My current set up:
A 4-2-3-1 with 2 central midfielders, 3 AMC's and a complete striker. My defense is how you would expect with the four regular positions, DL, DC, DC and DR all in use. I was wondering if there were any techniques (For example the 'Nike' defensive line) or any others that would drastically improve my defensive problems without having a knock on effect on my attacking prowess. If possible I'd love to keep the same formation and just tweak stuff on the defensive player settings . Any help would be fantastic. Any screenshots needed, just ask.

Thanks.

Do you play 2 central defenders or one limited and one ball playing?
Do your fullbacks roam forward too much?
Maybe you should play a lower D-line.
Turn one of your central midfielder turn into a defensive midfielder to provide more cover.
Do you use tight marking? Defenders with low pace should not be closing down that much.

Theres a big gap between your midfield and defence, try pushing up your defensive line and playing for offside if you have quickish defenders.

I would check to see your midfielders for tackling ability, If you are still conceding to many goals jsut tweak your tactics slightly. changing the defensive line, temp, man marking or zonal. also the one person that would help is Hugo Loris ............... guy is amazing

play with the mentality slider for your cm's to make them cover better infront of your D not playing a DM is hurting you. What roles do you play your cm's as+