Problem regarding players swapping positions throughout a game

tottingham

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered, but I'm having a problem regarding players swapping throughout a game.

For instance, I have Lennon (AMR) and Bale (AML) swapping positions and I decide to withdraw Bale and add Huddlestone and move him from AML to DM. Even though I un-tick the swap player positions option on both players, I still see Huddlestone out on the right wing and Lennon protecting my back four, continually swapping the AMR and DM positions, even though I clearly have un-ticked the swap positions option.

Am i doing something stupid? Can this be fixed? It happened on fm11 as well.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers

1) have you checked both of their positions for swapping?
2) maybe you have Huddlestone swapping with Bale (so when he is on the right Huddlestone will swap etc)

if you have no player swapping on this should not happen!

happened to me all the time on 11 maybe its the tactic your using cause it only done it for me on a few tactics.

Raikan; Definitely un-checked boxes for swapping on both players, first thing I made sure of.
Qweeb; I'm not using a downloaded tactic or anything like that, just ones i've created myself.

must be some sort of bug then matey ;( I have never experienced that!

do you have roam from positon set to on? or Huddlestones wide movement to hug touchline? thats the only things I can think of!

It's not as though I can just see Huddlestone galloping down the sideline whilst watching the match, he actually switches positions according to my tactical screen as well, with Lennon stoically defending my back four.

EDIT: To answer your suggestion, I have made sure the roaming and movement settings are correct

It'd be unfortunate if it's a bug because it happened to me on fm11 as well, really frustrating if you utilise player swapping a lot.

Oh well, not a lot that can be done for it, it seems!

do you two versions of the same tactic that you switch during games?

haha no worries, thanks mate.

maybe i'll just retrain huddlestone to be a winger ;)

Got same problem m8, the only diff is I'm playing Malaga. I think it's a bug - no matter how many times I switch off position swapping, it 'saves' the changes, and the moment after the match is running again it turn back on. Ver. 12.0.4 ofc.

I had this problem in Fm 11. The thing is you have say AML and AMR swapping, you decide to take off your AMR, put your ST into AMR and put on a new ST. You untick your appropriate boxes. But before the next sub is on, your players have switched. You take off your player and you see that instead of AMR/AML switching your ST and AML are switching.
You need to stop the game and do the corrections again, happened all the time for me, ****** annoying.

I've had this problem in '11 and now in '12... reapplying the instructions has seemed to work for me, though. If I want players to swap after I've made changes, I'll untick the "swap with" box for both players, then tick it for one and select the other player from the pulldown menu. If I don't want someone to swap, I'll untick it, tick it, and make sure the selection is "None." That seems to do the trick.

I have to admit that mostly I just try to avoid situations where I'm changing my swap instructions mid-game. That's the best way to not have to deal with this. But that's not really a solution.

I had this problem in Fm 11. The thing is you have say AML and AMR swapping, you decide to take off your AMR, put your ST into AMR and put on a new ST. You untick your appropriate boxes. But before the next sub is on, your players have switched. You take off your player and you see that instead of AMR/AML switching your ST and AML are switching.
You need to stop the game and do the corrections again, happened all the time for me, ****** annoying.

That's excatly the thing, but in my case I can't turn it off - when I stop the game, untick it, save changes and run the game, it turns back on during the next 'formation change apply'. I'll try to untick it, tick it on and set to none - maybe this one will work :)

PS I often swap player's positions, because I'm preparing to the season atm :)

If you have players to swap positions set in your main tactics (before you even go into a match), it will always default to those two players swapping during a match. It's a default tactic created by yourself which will override everything else, even during a match. A player's 'position' is locked during a match so to speak, so if you sub an AM for a DM then swap their positions they'll take that instruction with them. I had the same problem with my Target Man settings, when I subbed him then swapped my strikers round I'd always end up with the wrong striker as a target man. I'd have to go back into the tactics and change it round.

I'd suggest removing the swap position instruction from your main tactic then just apply it during each game. Or a more awkward option (albeit a more effective one) would be to manually swap their positions during the game as you want to, that way they'll swap when you want them to.

same happens to me. Usually have Bale and Lennon swapping positions and Modric/vdV swapping between DLP and AM. Any changes made during a game and all **** breaks lose. Sometimes Modric is playing as a striker!! I do have roam from positions and a fluid tactic but it's a little odd to actually change position so badly, however I'm winning at the moment so no biggy. ;)