PROBLEM WITH TACTICS THAT USE AMR/AML

bigpimpin

Reaction score
Hello , i'm currently creating a 4-2-3-1 tactic with wingers. I have the AMR and AMLs mentality set to attacking but i also need them to defend a fair bit. They don't track back at all! and this is leaving us quite exposed in the middle and leaves opposition wingers isolated with my fullbacks who are quite **** to be fair. How do you suggest i tweak their PIs to ensure they trackback without limiting their attacking threat?

Any advice is welcome

Would putting closing down on maximum not help?

Or have you tried this and it hasn't done a thing?

You cant put them on attacking mentality and expect them to defend. If you want them to track back they have to be on support.

Would putting closing down on maximum not help?

Or have you tried this and it hasn't done a thing?

I have tried closing down but they close down the fullbacks and then they stay upfield that annoys me lol

You cant put them on attacking mentality and expect them to defend. If you want them to track back they have to be on support.

I have tried support for one of the wingers but he seems to be more stupid and doesn't even bother defending , at all . Maybe its the players i have

Maybe try and set every match their marking to Man => and set the AMR to mark the DL and the AML to track the DR. Worked great for me. I was Arsenal and Gervinho marked Dani Alves all game! He didn't make 1 good cross all game.

Just put only the 2 of them on Man Marking - they should track back the players. If they do not as often as you want, then lower their mentality a bit. Prepare at least 2 back up wingers for such an approach cause it sucks their stamina.

I have this problem as well. You can try 2 things to get them to track back.

1. Move them to MR and ML positions

OR

2. At the start of each game, set them to specifically man-mark the opposition full-backs.

This is a huge flaw of the ME though as IRL the wingers have to track back to make the 4-2-3-1 work successfully.

Maybe its the players i have
g.gif