adamson1888

Reaction score
Hi all.

I am currently half way through my first season with Lyon. So mostly all is well i have qualified for the knockout stages of the CL. i am 2nd in the Ligue 1 behind Marsielle by 3points!

My only problem is i cannot beat teams that have the same or higher ability of squad. I have been beat of Marsielle,PSG,Lille in Ligue 1 and Ajax and Barcelona in the CL. I am looking for help. Can anyone give me some advice or link me to a tactic which is good for beating the big teams or just simply uses the counter attack?

If so thank you.

ok well i have a burnley game going at the moment and i am in the second season and in the premier league. it is currently december and i am 3rd in the premier league but i have beaten liverpool, chelsea, arsenal and spurs. I have found the best way to beat bigger teams is to not sit back and try to defend against them. i play an attacking game against the bigger teams. i play a 4-2-4 formation with attacking wingers. in the middle of the park i have a ball winning midfielder and a box to box midfielder. play a very fluid attacking system. chances are you will have less possession but will create more clear cut chances. a try it works for me at the might burnley lol

I managed to get 4th in my first season with West Brom. I used an attacking 4-3-3 and it worked really well (4-1 Liverpool, 2-0 Arsenal, 1-1 Cheslea, 1-0 Man City) Even though I had a bit of luck, it is the only way to beat the big teams. Play an attacking tactic, even if you somtimes concede a lot of goals against the big teams, you will win more often than using a defensive tactic

Thank You so much peoples. i used the 4-2-4 formation for birmingham in the 2nd leg vs Metalist. in the first leg it was 2-0 to Metalist, then using that formation won 5-1 and have gone through to the quarter finals of the Europa League