Problems in Russia

Ponmani

Reaction score
Hey Guys, hope you can help me.

My mate and I are playing in Russia. We wanted to challange the big clubs(Rubin,Cska,Zenit and Spartak).

So the first season was good and we did fine and got uefa spots. The second we godt better and they got worse as they sold a lot of thier good players. The problem is that they are not buying quality players?

I have noticed that they(Rubin,Cska,Zenit,Spartak and other russian teams) are only buying players from the russian league or only players that are russian. Thats just wrong! It makes the game to easy for us and it seems odd because they are playing like they are only allowed to makes these buys.

And not buy players like Bruno Alves, Kuranyi, and so on.

It this a common problem? Can anyone please clear this up for me?

Thank you​

The game engine is set up so that they did this, there's no way that you can change anything, so you may as well just carry on playing.
Perhaps they had large amounts of debt and were forced to sell high and buy low?

Could maybe edit their reputation/finances on FMRTE?

This is a general problem in FM to be fair - the AI doesn't buy very good players, which may tie in with the scouting problem.

not the best AI for smaller teams with lower budgets.... :) has the Russian league HG or Foreign rules changed every season? In Ukraine, it went from 6,5,4 etc every year meaning i had to buy more Ukraines every year....

Nope it doesnt change HG nor Foreign rules for every season.

It just seems weird that they would have created the clubs as this? Because I really cant see why they shouldnt buy other players its not like they are restricted to it. But can the problem just be about the scouting?

Can you check if they are buying players from the following leagues - Ukraine, Bulgaria, Brazil, Moldova, Belarus and Portugal. These are the main leagues (not nations) that they should be buying from and the order mentioned above is the order of importance they should treat each of these leagues with when scouting. Obviously, the Russian league itself is their main priority, but they should still be making some tansfers from these other leagues.

This is why they have introduced the new Dynamic League Rep to hopefully counter this problem in FM11.

@Carine

In the 4 seasons we have played they have not bought any players from those countries.

Cska Moscow have bougt a player from Uruguay and Rubin have taken in a brasilien on free transfer and thats it.

But I havent made those leagues playable?

I have only made the premier league, La liga and Serie a playable outside Russia. because in games before it seemed to easy to win in europe over the big clubs from the above mentioned countries if i had'nt made their league playable.

So there is nothing I can do?

Last edited:
The Russian league is similar (in reputation & league standard to the Dutch, I think, which isn't great) so it's always going to be harder to sign players from the big clubs and leagues around Europe. I don't know if this can be done in FMRTE (as I don't use it) but in the default editor you can select Russia (the nation, not the league) and click on Transfer Preferences. In there you can add the likes of Germany to the list and give them an importance of 20 and a high scouting knowledge. This should mean that the Russian clubs begin to search for players there, though there will be no guarantee that they will buy from there as the German nation and it's top division have a much higher reputation and standard than the Russian. Increasing the Russian league rep and nation stats a little in the editor would help in this respect.

OKay, I'll try that! Thank you very much:)

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

But I dont understand why they dnt buy from the countries you have mentioned? Ukraine, Bulgaria, Brazil, Moldova, Belarus and Portugal.

But I dont understand why they dnt buy from the countries you have mentioned? Ukraine, Bulgaria, Brazil, Moldova, Belarus and Portugal.

I can only think that this is because you haven't selected the Ukraine, Portugal and Brazil leagues as playable leagues. Because of that, many of the clubs in these leagues won't have all their players available and those that are will be the higher grade players in general -- who would probably cost too much or not fancy moving to Russia. In regards of the other leagues, there probably isn't anyone in those leagues that the Russian clubs fancy buying as the quality will not be great?

If you make the changes, the bigger clubs should start to venture out of Russia with their transfer dealings -- especially the Moscow ones (Moscow has an attraction rating that matches the best around.)

Let me know how you get on -- I've tried a similar thing when creating leagues and new competitions in the editor and this method has generally worked, but I've not done it with Russia before.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Also, you could up the league standard to 15 or 16 -- by default, the Russian league is similar in standard to the Scottish Premier League. 16 will put you closer to the likes of Portugal.

Last edited:
maybe it could be due to the managers of the clubs preferances in the transfer market, domestic bais,
have you been attracting foreign player of a suffient calibre?

They got 6 foreign player limit for their first 11, and they already got some quality foreigners. Russian clubs not buy too many foreigners. They buy quality ones, and after they keep them for a long time for gaining them citizenship. They're after young, and talented russians most of the time. If you buy these youths they can't do much. But, they got money, and in my games I have to say that they're buying pretty good people from other eastern european countries, and south america.