Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been a long time since i've come on here! Anyway, i've been playing a file with Derby and i'm just coming upto the end of my first season and i'm top of the Championship. My team currently looks like this, but no way will i survive in the premiership with this. Anyone got any ideas for some cheap players for the second season? The only players i'm confident of performing in the premiership are Silvestre and Commons. Any help would be much appreciated.

View attachment 18731

Edit: Sorry about the weird attachment size, didn't realise it had happened :\

Deco is usually available on a free.

Deco isn't on my realistic targets, so i doubt i'ma be able to get him. Dudek and Nacho Novo are joining me, amongst others. Camara wont hack it in the premiership, will he? He's scored over 30 goals for me this season with a few games left to go..

Anthony Anan. That man is "small size" Sissoko and his value is only 4.1M
I bought him when I played Hoffenheim and his average tackle is over 4 in each game.

that team wont be anywhere near good enough, even if u compare it to hulls team it is considerably weaker, u need to just increase squad size because saying what i originally said, i play with form and not quality........just look to get free players and maybe some loans if possible, spend ur small budget

if u dont add your going down get free agents and maybe get rafeal

the likes of saha, boa morte will most likely be released so you will definately have to pounce on any decent frees you can get

your budget wont be massive either so spend wisely. check the transfer listed players as you can sometimes find some good estbalished players for good prices.

I've strengthened my team a lot and they gave me 8mil to spend so it wasn't too bad, but they can't win cause none of them are used to playing with eachother just yet.. I got Joe Hart in goal, and signed Pennant for left. I also got Kikin Fonseca on a free. I payed 1.5m for Ferreira, and snapped up Jonatas on a free from Espanyol. I signed a couple other CBs aswell, and signed Jerzy Dudek as a backup goalkeeper. My team looks reletively good at the moment, but they aren't performing great :\..

mikael silvestre is available on a free second season, as is paul scharner sometimes both kept me in the prem single handed with sheffield wednesday, honestly they are quality. only give silvestre a one year contract though cos he is getting on a bit. marc crosas from celtic becomes available but is usally snapped up by other teams. also look at big european teams barca, milan, bayern etc.. and im sure youll find some useful loan signings. hope this helped.

wen i got promoted with newcastle i got van bommel saha on free. if u need a striker david ngog wil score a nice few. burdiso mite b available from inter for 2 or 3 mill if ya can afford it he is top quality

Burdisso and Rivas were both available on a free, but neither of them accepted my contracts offers. If my team can find form any time soon, i think i have a strong enough squad to stay up. View attachment 19232

I'm eighteenth after 2 bad losses away to Man City and Liverpool :\

How about gilberto silva? is good for a couple of seasons, micheal owen is sometimes available too. I had the pair of them with west brom and managed a respectable 14th place in the prem. Another option for centre half is mathias jorgenson

Gilberto Silva is still at panathinaikos ahaa. I'm doing alright, i'm lingering around the mid table and i'm 17 games in so i'm not having TOO much trouble at the moment hahaa

going from memory, in my 2010/11 season with sheff wed after getting promotion i brought in:
Niclas Burdisso - free
Hugo Vianna - £1.5m
Rivaldo - Free
Joe Hart - £2.6m
Mikael Silvestre - £950k
Martin Petrov - £1.8m
Nery Castillo - £3.5m
Ryan Bertrand - Free
Lars Jacobsen - £1.6m
Theofanis Gekas - £925k
Mark van Bommel - £7k
Damien Johnson - £600k
Marek Suchy - £600k
Louis Saha - Free
Miguel Angel Angulo - Free
Sadik Calliskan (Regen) - £500k

Pretty much a complete overhaul from my promotion season with only Lee Grant, Mark Beevers, Sean McAllister, Frank Simek (all previously at club), Dady (£1.6m), Glauber (Free), Iker Muniain (£625k) Andwele Slory (£675k) and Libor Sionko (£110k) staying in the first team squad

Last edited:
Chelsea have a tendency to transfer list Kalou. Try and get him on a season loan

Kalou's gone inter :\ hahaaa. I have chelsea away next game aswell, be lucky to draw this one to be honest, my team are so inconsistant at the moment, and chelsea are top of the league and in form :\