Reaction score
I did a couple of stories a few years ago, back when my FM days were plagued with crash dumps. Looking back, it seems my crappy setup and too many leagues loaded may have been the problem.

This year, however, my setup is ten times better and I've not experienced any crashes whatsoever. I want to do a story again, however; I now have bought and use the In-Game Editor to add a little spice through an unrealistic transfer (no-one ridiculous, just a player not usually interested), or to quickly get rid of a player on a free, or sometimes sack managers at clubs I want to move to.

My question is, would this turn people off the story, as though it's using in-game resources it is still cheating?

It wouldn't bother me! If it's a good read I'll be interested

If you started editing it so you have the best players then it would get a bit boring. But if you were just using it to do random things (like making Stoke the wealthiest club in the world, bankrupting man city or creating a super powerful north Korea football god - I did this once and it was awesome) it could be fun!

It wouldn't bother me! If it's a good read I'll be interested

If you started editing it so you have the best players then it would get a bit boring. But if you were just using it to do random things (like making Stoke the wealthiest club in the world, bankrupting man city or creating a super powerful north Korea football god - I did this once and it was awesome) it could be fun!

Thanks for the reply! I'm with Berwick, and have a tradition with every save to randomly select someone from the "Best Free Players" shortlist to sign using the editor. On my last two saves I got Richard Dunne, which was still massively unrealistic, but on this save I've got Julien Remiti, and I did wonder whether people would be able to enjoy the story when I've got such a promising young player in the Scottish League 2.

It wouldn't be a problem for me but to say honestly I don't like to see when people use any in-game editors

It wouldn't be a problem for me but to say honestly I don't like to see when people use any in-game editors

I get you, I went years without using them myself. Now it just adds something a little different to the game for me.