Question on coaches and their effectiveness?

Reggaezal

Reaction score
Will one, 5 star coach make more effect, or will two, 4 star coach make more effect?

I pick the best ability of the coach and set him to that one attribute, so all of my coaches give out 4, 4.5,even 5 star ratings. But i have 1 coach for each training attribute. So does the amount of coaches per attribute matter or does one coach suffice?

Just look at the overall coaching rating (stars) for a particular training category, eg Tactical. It would not matter if you have one 5 star coach or 2 4 star coaches as long as that category has a 5 star rating.

That said, I think the system works in such a way that having one highly rated coach > several lower rated coaches. I just see to it that the workload is not more than average. If it is, I hire an additional generalist coach and assign him to the training areas with a high workload.

I know how to solve that question. Just get two 5 star coaches ;) boom boom.

How many 5 star coaches for a training category do you think there are at any given time? You will have to be very rich and/or lucky to have them. Plus, some of them overlap with each other, ie are 5 star coaches for more than one category.

How many 5 star coaches for a training category do you think there are at any given time? You will have to be very rich and/or lucky to have them. Plus, some of them overlap with each other, ie are 5 star coaches for more than one category.

No really mate , sometimes one 5 star coach makes a first class training, for eg Defending

sometimes it takes 2 four star coaches to make a very good training , do you get the point ? The important thing as Chaz said is never to get your training exceed Light ..

No really mate , sometimes one 5 star coach makes a first class training, for eg Defending

sometimes it takes 2 four star coaches to make a very good training , do you get the point ? The important thing as Chaz said is never to get your training exceed Light ..

I was just replying to the post above me which asked to have 2 5 star coaches as a solution. I think that is highly unlikely to be feasible even for the top teams :)

BTW, how are two 4-star coaches going to be helpful? Are you referring to a heavy workload (tactics training comes to my mind)? I know that a single 5-star coach should be good enough if the work load is manageable :)

Also, I have had no problems with an average workload.

EDIT: Also, what is your solution to the workload issue? I prefer to simply have one extra coach (or the *** Man) give training in all the areas which have a higher workload. Is that right according to you?

I was just replying to the post above me which asked to have 2 5 star coaches as a solution. I think that is highly unlikely to be feasible even for the top teams :)

BTW, how are two 4-star coaches going to be helpful? Are you referring to a heavy workload (tactics training comes to my mind)? I know that a single 5-star coach should be good enough if the work load is manageable :)

Also, I have had no problems with an average workload.

EDIT: Also, what is your solution to the workload issue? I prefer to simply have one extra coach (or the *** Man) give training in all the areas which have a higher workload. Is that right according to you?

Sometimes , one coach per defending, tactics, set pieces, etc is enough, but,dont know why my workload becomes average and then I have to buy a new coach so that it becomes light ! Even though you never had a problem its better to have a lighter coaching set mate, believe me ! Sometimes one coach with 19 defending just makes 3.5 stars, I need another one to fufill the last 0.5 star ! as for the latest question I tend to use to use the in-game search tool and find a coach that is pretty average in all areas , like 13 or 14 at everything that sustains a training schedule !

I could be wrong, but I don't think the workload is going to reduce your coaching stars. At least not until Average (I haven't gone above it TBH).

I usually see areas like Strength, Aerobics and Tactics get to a high work load fastest, which I think is because every single player will need to have a decent-high training in this area.

Every area i have 2 coaches, and i get 4, 4.5, 5 star ratings, with all light workload. incidently the only stat that has 1 coach and average workload is tactics, which has a 3.5 star rating. hmmmm...

Sorry mate, you have got it wrong. I have tested it and changing the workload of a category (eg tactics training) has no effect on the star rating. I changed the workload from Light to Average to Heavy but it had no effect on the star rating.

However, having a heavy workload will reduce the efficiency of that coaching category even though you won't be able to see any difference to the star rating. Average workload should be fine, but you can easily get to Light without any significant investment. How? By doing this:

"A heavy workload can significantly affect the efficiency of your coaching staff so having a utility coach or two is very useful. What I refer to a be a utility coach is simply a spare coach that has the sole purpose of reducing the workload on all of my training schedules. This coach can be as useless as you want him to be, generally the cheaper the better but if this coach has high motivation stats (for example) this would make his presence even more worthwhile"

"A heavy workload can significantly affect the efficiency of your coaching staff so having a utility coach or two is very useful. What I refer to a be a utility coach is simply a spare coach that has the sole purpose of reducing the workload on all of my training schedules. This coach can be as useless as you want him to be, generally the cheaper the better but if this coach has high motivation stats (for example) this would make his presence even more worthwhile"

I suppose its a negative effect? The only reason why my tactics training is 3.5 stars is probably because of the coach. i cant quite remember the combination for a good tactical/ set piece coach. all i know is the usual DDM(determination,discipline and motivation) key stats.

I suppose its a negative effect? The only reason why my tactics training is 3.5 stars is probably because of the coach. i cant quite remember the combination for a good tactical/ set piece coach. all i know is the usual DDM(determination,discipline and motivation) key stats.

Sorry mate, you should have read my post more carefully. The star rating won't change even if you get the workload to heavy. The effect of the heavy workload will be visible in the training results, I guess. I never let that happen. Best to keep it light; average should be fine as well. But stay away from heavy.

For Tactics training, apart from DDM you only need the Tactics attribute to be high. Your coach has lower attributes than required for a 4-star rating. There are two simple ways to check:

- Open Genie scout, search for the coach and you will see his star rating for each training category.

- Make a training schedule with the lightest focus on Tactics. Put all of your players (excepting the GKs) on that schedule. The load on tactics training category will change to light and you will see that the star rating is not affected at all.