Quitting the current job without having an offer to another one.

L Lawliet

Reaction score
The thing is: I started this save with Liverpool some time ago and now I am in the 2021/2022 season and this after this season is gonna be 10 years that I am at the Club. I won everything that I could've won, I've made the quadruple twice. I win the league every year since I first won it in 2013/2014 season. I won the Champions league five times, 4 of them in the last four years in a row.

Now I am in september of 2021 and the last time I lost a match was in november 2019, it's been 120 games since my last defeat.

It's getting kind boring, probably gonna get some good job offers if I quit, would be nice some new challenges without starting a new save.

Has anyone did ever did that? to leave a job without having a offer to another one and wait for the offers to come?

in fm 11 i was with liverpool till like 2030. dont know how you can get bored.. finding the new gerrard.. replacing legend regens with new ones. getting great youth products through the academy.. watching them grow then captain the side to glory.. ahhhh amazing.. would never quit unlessfm 12 came hehe

in fm 11 i was with liverpool till like 2030. dont know how you can get bored.. finding the new gerrard.. replacing legend regens with new ones. getting great youth products through the academy.. watching them grow then captain the side to glory.. ahhhh amazing.. would never quit unlessfm 12 came hehe

Yeah, I agree with you. But I am considering to split the save.

I've literally just tried this, i hardly got an offer for 6 months despite having won the EPL 3 times consecutively in 3 seasons, winning the League cup twice, the FA cup twice and the Champions League in my final season. I'd had an offer from Barca or Real (i forget) at the start of the previous season so i assumed i'd be able to pick up a club of their stature without too much hassle so i quit. I declared interest in Brazil, Holland, Milan, Real, Juventus and a few other lesser Serie A sides. All backed their current managers despite their unstable status and my world class reputation. Took 6 months until AC finally sacked their manager and offered me the job, i had offers from Palermo but i really wanted to pick up Juventus as they'd signed a load of players from my previous club. A year later and i'm still jobless, it's getting annoying so i'll probably load up an old save and take the Milan job.

A lot of the issue i'd simulate past jobs accidentally. A job would come free at Juve and within 2 days Benitez would quit his old job and be signed on and i'd only know about it from the mail having simmed 3 days past it. Very frustrating.

I've literally just tried this, i hardly got an offer for 6 months despite having won the EPL 3 times consecutively in 3 seasons, winning the League cup twice, the FA cup twice and the Champions League in my final season. I'd had an offer from Barca or Real (i forget) at the start of the previous season so i assumed i'd be able to pick up a club of their stature without too much hassle so i quit. I declared interest in Brazil, Holland, Milan, Real, Juventus and a few other lesser Serie A sides. All backed their current managers despite their unstable status and my world class reputation. Took 6 months until AC finally sacked their manager and offered me the job, i had offers from Palermo but i really wanted to pick up Juventus as they'd signed a load of players from my previous club. A year later and i'm still jobless, it's getting annoying so i'll probably load up an old save and take the Milan job.

A lot of the issue i'd simulate past jobs accidentally. A job would come free at Juve and within 2 days Benitez would quit his old job and be signed on and i'd only know about it from the mail having simmed 3 days past it. Very frustrating.

If you REALLY want the Juventus job just add a manager and immediately retire. Take the job with your real manager and bam. You're in. Unless they decide to be a total *** and laugh at your application.

I got a lot of offers from national teams, Spain made 3 offers that I reject over these years (don't really want to manage a National Team). From a Club I only got a offer from Real Madrid but it was a long time ago, in my third season with Liverpool, so I didn't consider to leave.

Anyway, i just take a break from this save and started a new with Southampton.

I did it, the first time you move club u have to go for a slightly lower level club but u have to apply for the jobs u want/ declare intrest. This is what i did:
Swansea(won pl&fa)>Koln
Koln(treble)>Bayern
Bayern(Treble)>Swansea