Versaty1e

Reaction score
Stumbling upon a couple problems with my current Chelsea save. Starting the third season with the club after completing the Treble in 2010/11 and winning the FA Cup in 2012.

At this point, the contracts of Lampard, Cole, Cech, Malouda, Benayoun, Drogba and Anelka are all coming to an end with all of them wanting new ones, naturally. The only problem with this are the demands they're making to stay with the team despite all of them approaching mid-30's.

Lampard
Demanding: £160,000/week on a 2 year deal
Offer status: Will not negotiate for less; walked away 2 times previous
Positional Cover: Matic, Cork, Ramires, Kakuta, McEachran (Looking to buy Paulo Henrique from Santos FC)

Cole
Demanding: £140,000/week on a 3 year deal
Offer status: Will not negotiate for less
Positional Cover: Andreas Beck, Bertrand, van Aaanholt, Rajkovic, Zhirkov

Cech
Demanding £150,000/week on a 5 year deal
Offer status: Will not negotiate for less. Also demanding £40k clean sheet bonus and £20k appearance bonus.
Positional Cover: Delac, Taylor

Malouda
Demanding: £120,000/week on a 3 year deal
Offer Status: Nagging down to £10k appearance bonus and no goal bonus. Will not budge from high wage demands
Positional Cover: Sturridge, Zhirkov, Kakuta, Kalou

Benayoun
Demanding: £95,000/week on a 2 year deal
Offer Status: Probably can hassle down to £70-£80k/week
Positional Cover: Kakuta, Kalou, (Looking into signing Neymar from Santos FC)

Drogba
Demanding: £160,000/week on a 2 year deal
Offer Status: Wants to rape my finances with a staggering £32k appearance fee and a £16k goal bonus
Positional Cover: Pato, Kalou, Sturridge, Borini

Anelka
Demanding: £110,000/week on a 2 year deal
Offer Status: Demands a £3 million sign-on fee, walked away from negotiations three times.
Positional Cover: Pato, Kalou, Sturridge, Borini

Apologize for the long read. I'm thinking into letting Anelka go on a free for sure since all his stats are in decline. Let him ride the reserves while Pato, who I just signed on a free from AC Milan, gets most of the starts.

Drogba and Lampard I feel deserve to stay on but their wage demands are CRAZY. Lampard is still banging in 10-15 goals a season and tutors all my midfielders and Drogba hits about 10 a season operating as a lone striker.

Debating on trying to sell Malouda and Cole to other clubs and I think I definitely will let Benayoun go on a free. His average rating is 6.84 and doesn't get that many starts, especially if I manage to acquire Neymar's services this season as well.

Cech, I feel, is worthy of those wages. He's the 2-time European Goalkeeper of the Year Winner and constantly puts in solid performances with 40+ appearances a season.

Any advice or input would be appreciated.

how much longer does each player have on their remaining contracts

Blimey. I'd say let them all go and rebuild. Cech is about the only one worth keeping IMO, and even then you have Delac who is up and coming.

I agree, chelsea have the funds, and they would free up huge amounts of the wage/transfer budget, let the contracts run down/sell them, if they dont wanna do a decent deal, let them go

how much longer does each player have on their remaining contracts

Each of them has 11 months left on their current deals. I simply left them all to the last minute it seems.

I think these demands are shockingly high considering their age. I notice Giggs and Scholes at United still on £35-£40k a week still in their final season. Granted, both are like 36-37 but still. Some of these Chelsea players will be 37 and earning £100k+++ a week if I decided to keep them.

Each of them has 11 months left on their current deals. I simply left them all to the last minute it seems.

I think these demands are shockingly high considering their age. I notice Giggs and Scholes at United still on £35-£40k a week still in their final season. Granted, both are like 36-37 but still. Some of these Chelsea players will be 37 and earning £100k+++ a week if I decided to keep them.
let them run down mate, dont get suckered by them, theres enough good replacements out there, and chelsea arent exactly poor

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 AM ----------

whats your formation BTW?

Last edited:
Try and offload some in the first upcoming window and re invest. Some remarkable wages for their age.

i would try and offload them all, but not all at the same time, would disrupt your team, just slowly and casually let them all depart, see if lampard will take up coaching?

let them run down mate, dont get suckered by them, theres enough good replacements out there, and chelsea arent exactly poor

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 AM ----------

whats your formation BTW?

Play my own custom tactic. Usually a 4-3-3 home and a 4-5-1 away, some variation of inside forwards with a poacher leading the striking line.

Midfield consists of a box-to-box midfielder, deep lying playmaker and a DM normally.

Play my own custom tactic. Usually a 4-3-3 home and a 4-5-1 away, some variation of inside forwards with a poacher leading the striking line.

Midfield consists of a box-to-box midfielder, deep lying playmaker and a DM normally.
Drogba - Lukaku
Anelka - Pato
Lampard - Hamsik/Henrique
Cole - Bale/Coentrao
Malouda - Hazard/Bale

Drogba - Lukaku
Anelka - Pato
Lampard - Hamsik/Henrique
Cole - Bale/Coentrao
Malouda - Hazard/Bale

Only problem is the availability of players. Lukaku and Bale are at United, Hamsik is at Barca, and Hazard and Contreao are at City with normal inflated price tags.

Which is why I want to go after either regens or other players in Europe or Brazil without big clubs.

Henrique and Neymar are probably must-buys. I can get them both for £35 million total from Santos. As for left-back, I have Bertrand, van Aanholt (won young player of the year while on loan at Stoke last season) and I have Julian Koch, current German U21 international I purchased from Dortmund who can play at RB or LB.

Just need someone on the left probably. Thomas Muller was an option but Bayern probably want £40-£50 million.

let cole rot in the reserves ;D

did you sign a cover for cashley at anytime or prospect?

Its really interesting how those players want so much when they will be considered backup and or cover... Lampard has to be a coach and drogba too. what will you do next season cause terry is up in 2014 if I'm not mistaken?

Last edited:
let them all go mate set yourself a challenge of building your own chelsea squad!

Only problem is the availability of players. Lukaku and Bale are at United, Hamsik is at Barca, and Hazard and Contreao are at City with normal inflated price tags.

Which is why I want to go after either regens or other players in Europe or Brazil without big clubs.

Henrique and Neymar are probably must-buys. I can get them both for £35 million total from Santos. As for left-back, I have Bertrand, van Aanholt (won young player of the year while on loan at Stoke last season) and I have Julian Koch, current German U21 international I purchased from Dortmund who can play at RB or LB.

Just need someone on the left probably. Thomas Muller was an option but Bayern probably want £40-£50 million.

Javi Pastore in for Lampard.
Also get Mouassa Sissoko!

get rid of all of them and let your youngsters step in

patrick van aanholt for Ashley Cole
Jeffrey Bruma for John Terry
Matej Delac for Petr Cech
Josh McEachren for Frank Lampard
Gael Kakuta for Florent Malouda
Daniel Sturridge for Nicolas Anelka
Andy Caroll for Didier Drogba
Salomon Kalou for Yossi Benyayoun

all tthese are all at Chelse apart from Andy Carroll so you won't have to blow your transfer budget

Last edited:
get rid of all of them and let your youngsters step in

patrick van aanholt for Ashley Cole
Jeffrey Bruma for John Terry
Matej Delac for Petr Cech
Josh McEachren for Frank Lampard
Gael Kakuta for Florent Malouda
Daniel Sturridge for Nicolas Anelka
Andy Caroll for Didier Drogba
Salomon Kalou for Yossi Benyayoun

all tthese are all at Chelse apart from Andy Carroll so you won't have to blow your transfer budget

I would kind of like to see the youth step up. Sturridge was my top scorer in the Premier League last season as lone poacher, after all.

City signed Paulo Henrique on a £35 million deal and have him on £225k/week wages. It looks absurd. And Neymar is demanding £200k/week and like £8 million sign-on bonus so forget that.

I offloaded Anelka back to France for £2.5 million. PSG wanted him for a cut-rate price. Also sold Rajkovic to Lyon, Benayoun to Beskitas and Bertrand to Sunderland.

Managed to get Adam Johnson as a replacement for Benayoun for £3.5 million and £30k per week. Him and Pato will be more than enough to lead my front line.

Van Aanholt will step up and begin to replace Cole most likely. Still debating on Lampard, Drogba and Terry (contract ends the following season). I want to send Malouda back to France on a free transfer at the end of the year as well. That way, Johnson can replace him on the left and Gael Kakuta/Kalou can come in on the right.

Also have Jose Bosingwa getting up in age (31) and Alex will be begin to decline in 2-3 seasons as well.

That is a good deal for Adam Johnson ,
You could have a look at Dodo ( Lb ) as a replacement for Cole , although he may have already been bought