From War To Success - Shaawary's Story

You're doing great so far! Not a fan of your team choice though.... :p

Keep it up though.

great start so far wot is ur tactic

dont want to post a screenshot as it'll give my position in the league away lol

b
ut 4-1-2-2-1 2 attacking wide players - rigid - attacking - direct - more expressive - press more - default - man marking - default - more roaming.WORKS A TREAT

DECEMBER REPORT

4.12.11 v Lorient
View attachment 219970
"​ Really convincing win against injury-ridden Lorient, We played with alot of intensity and pace and scored some good goals today, Delighted to remain unbeaten"

11.12.11 v Valenciennes
View attachment 219971
"Very disappointing performance today, Valenciennes dominated the game from start til finish. took a stroke of magic to ensure the 3 points today.

18.12.11 v Toulouse
View attachment 219972
"Once again a very tight match where it could have went either way. We took the lead from a magnificent header and then Toulouse stepped up a little. But we stuck tight and held onto our lead"

Another month without defeat. We never played well in any of the matches b
ut the victories are more important at this stage in the season.

Player of the month: Louis Ernesto Perez

View attachment 219973

dont want to post a screenshot as it'll give my position in the league away lol

b
ut 4-1-2-2-1 2 attacking wide players - rigid - attacking - direct - more expressive - press more - default - man marking - default - more roaming.WORKS A TREAT
i will give it a go with my hartlepool game if that ok with you

January Reports

8.1.2011 v Sochaux (French cup 9th ro
und)
View attachment 220130
"Played a reserve team for this match, we played pretty well. Happy with a lot of the performances from the youth players, we stuck to the game plan well and scored 2 great team goals"

11.1.12 v Marseille (coupe de la ligue qtr final)
View attachment 220135
"What a result !! Another victory over in my opinion the best team in France, totally deserved it. We played some great football at times and knocked it around poeticly. Missed some sitters though. But that was the only downfall of the whole day. The fans were superb.

14.1.12 v Lyon
View attachment 220136
"a bored draw at Stade de la mosson. Game was even, both teams missed alot of chances. Happy with the point."

21.1.12 v Lyon (french c
up 10th rnd)
View attachment 220137
"my first defeat as a manager, and to be honest i didn't like it one bit. We were absolutely shocking. So disappointed in the lads. We were poor in every aspect of the game."

28.1.12 v Nice

View attachment 220138
"Another poor match to be involved in, we were wasteful in possession and missed alot of chances"

My worst month in charge at the club. With alot of players at AFCON, I had no choice but to field a weakened team.

player of the month : Fode Koita
View attachment 220140

​ January Transfer Window
View attachment 220150
With a few of my players away on international duty, i went into the transfer market looking for a co
uple of loan deals to cover our unavailable players. I had been linked with a move for Marvin Martin for 12 million but the board didn't trust my judgement for this one. I attempted to take his teammate Ryad Boudebouz. A fee of 9 million plus striker Fode Keita was accepted but Keita was adamant that he was staying put. During the transfer market only one piece of business was done. Mohamed Diame had agreed to join the club on a free from Wigan.

Transfer Targets Where :

MARVIN MARTIN
View attachment 220168

Ryad Bo
udebouz

View attachment 220169

Adil Rami
View attachment 220170

Mohamed Diame

View attachment 220171
It wasn't the best transfer market in terms of good players coming in, but if we get through this month unscaved it won't matter. I am delighted about Diame signing, has great ability and is a very athletic player.

February Reports

1.2.12 v Lorient (coupe de la lig
ue semi-final)
View attachment 220207
"WHAT A MATCH !!, delighted to get into a final. We were very good on the ball tonight and stuck right in. Oliver was amazing tonight. Can't wait til the final, but we need to take one game at a time."

4.2.12 v Brestois
View attachment 220208
"Really disappointed with the performance, we were slack in possession and never took our chances that we created. We took the lead through a glancing header by Mapou, then Brest took the game too us and a piece of genius from Nolan sealed a point for Stade Brestois.

11.2.12 v Ajaccio
View attachment 220209
"Fantastic win, Alot better from the lads. We kept the ball well and forced the opposition to make mistake after mistake. Still at the top of the table by 13 points"

19.2.12 v PSG
View attachment 220210
"Well we suffered our first league defeat at the hands of PSG, and i didn't like it. We were very poor and all credit to PSG who were amazing. Their movement off the ball is what i want my players to be like but doesn't seem to happen, Hopefully that's my first and last defeat"

25.2.12 v Bordeaux
View attachment 220211
"We were very poor once again, Bordeaux never played very well either. But we never took the game to them and the lads seemed to be playing without any fluency or confidence. I'll need to have a team meeting with them very soon.

Another very poor month, Valenciennes who are in second are catching up on us, but we are still a bit ahead (12 points) I'll need to give the lads a confidence boost.

Player of the month : NOONE

March update

3.3.12 v Dijon
View attachment 220213
"A bore draw against a very poor Dijon side, we were awful. The lads just look drained. My african stars especially. Hopefully times will change soon, Maybe the success is getting too much for some of the lads ?"

10.3.12 v Caen
View attachment 220214
"Another poor performance, but at least we are back to winning ways. Caen where the best team, but a piece of class from Jamel sealed the victory"

17.3.12 v Nancy
View attachment 220215
"Another narrow win, but wins are just are more important than performances at this stage of the season. We did pass it around at times but a few individuals where very poor and didn't seem interested"

24.3.12 v Saint Etienne
View attachment 220222
"Another heart attack performance against Etienne, There are signs of our form returning but the performance was still not up to standards"

It was the best month we've had in a while, there are some signs of the teams form returning, but still nowhere near o
ur best.

Player of the month : Mapo
u Yanga Mbiwa
View attachment 220234

April Report

7.4.12 v Socha
ux
View attachment 220236
"When their player was sent off after 21 seconds, i was expecting to score 4 or 5 goals. But we never took full advantage of the extra man. We did keep possession well and created lots of chances. But was very disappointed with the 1 goal."

Cup Final

This was it, the moment I had been waiting for for months. A cup final against the best team in France. 80,000 fans, and a worldwide audience. In the hotel i discussed the team tactics, "get in their faces, don't show them any respect. We are here to win this game. Keep the ball, lots of movement, tire them o
ut, Do this for the fans more importantly, theyv'e been waiting on this moment longer than me" I never slept that night. I was so nervous ...

View attachment 220240

View attachment 220241

I walked out of the tunnel onto the pitch. I looked aro
und, a full stadi
um screaming the name of their beloved teams. This was it, my chance to leave a legacy ...

View attachment 220242

MONTPELLIER LIFT COUPE DE LA LIGUE

View attachment 220241

WE DID IT !!, I am so proud of the boys, Not just because of the fact we won the cup. But in the manner we did it. When we went behind after 7 minutes i thought that it was going to be a long night. We played amazingly. I am still buzzing !!

​BACK TO THE LEAGUE

18.3.12 v Lorient
View attachment 220243
"we played well in this match, we kept the ball brilliantly and scored a cracking goal in the process"

MONTPELLIER DO THE DOUBLE

View attachment 220244View attachment 220245

NO WAY !! , I just led a team to the league title !! The lads have been absolutely amazing for me this year. It has been such an honor to work with these lads and long may it continue. When the final whistle blew. I burst into tears, it was very emotional. The fans deserve it, despite our differences at the start, they got behind me and supported the team throughout the season.

22.4.12 v Valenciennes
View attachment 220246
Really comfortable victory over 2nd place. They had the more possession but we took our chances. Really happy with the win.

25.4.12 v OM
View attachment 220269
Most of my first team are now on holiday, for 4 weeks extended leave, our youth team were simply outclassed by Marseille, not to disappointed though. CHAMPIONEEES.

29.4.12 v Toulouse
View attachment 220272
"Hammering from mid table Toulouse, didn't play too well. Fode Keita was a disaster missing numerous chances.

BEST MONTH OF MY LIFE. Last few results weren't to great. But we are champions of France. What a feeling, once again i was an emotional rollercoaster. One more month then i plan on going on a nice holiday.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH : THE WHOLE TEAM !!
View attachment 220273

MAY REPORTS

2.5.12 v Evian TG
View attachment 220277
"Fielded a strong team for this game, played fantasticly. Perez played out of his skin, scoring 2 goals albeit both penalties. I plan on playing a reserve team for the next 2 matches."

5.5.12 v Rennes
View attachment 220278
"A tough workout against a strong Rennes side, didn't deserve to win the match really, we were slack in possession and missed some chances"

12.5.12 v Lille
View attachment 220279
"first real hammering as the manager. We weren't good at all, complacency seems to be the problem !"

20.5.12 v Auxerre
View attachment 220280
"The performace was overshaddowed by the fact we lifted the trophy today. such a proud day for myself.

So this is what it feels like, to achieve something in your life, Its been such an honor to work with these guys, theyr'e all superb. I have booked myself into a hotel in Dubai, looking forward to seeing it, looks amazing. In need of a good break.

View attachment 220281

LEAGUE TABLE 2011/2012
View attachment 220282

sorry to any readers, i cleared my whole laptop out and forgot about this, any recommendations and i'll consider doing another one (ps not Rangers)

Star with Levski one of the BEST BULGARIAN team!

Try something different. Most of the stories I have seen have been in England, Spain or another of the top leagues.

Go somewhere obscure, and try building the nation up and getting CL places, then progressing further into it.

Bulgaria is a good start. Also consider places such as Poland, Croatia, etc. Eastern Europe.