Raikan007's "Swoop there it Is" 433 Dm tactic

Raikan007

Reaction score
Good day all, I have been working on this for a little while (made it with my Juve save) then started an Arsenal (after Henry's winner vs Leeds) I could not sign him! I then tested it with a few other teams just for fun and it got results as well! A lot of the results are just from holidaying (which is actually even worse than playing games, i.e: no shouts, no proper team talks, no signings either but I will indicate which teams have been holidayed and played) I am busy with a full season (playing each game) with Tottenham at the moment (results below) I hope this tactic can work for your team as much as it has worked for the teams I have tried with it!
Raikan007's 433 Dm tactic:
(click the heading above to take you to the download page)

Welcome to my tactic and I hope you enjoy using it as much as I enjoyed making
it:

Formation & Instructions:

View attachment 216716View attachment 216717

Touchline Shouts:
View attachment 216714

Opposition Instructions:

(works even better if you dont apply any instructions)
  • Assign assistant manager via the Team Policy screen
  • I suggest showing all their Attacking players to their weaker foots and closing down their main playmaker as well as hard tackling on their quicker strikers and wingers
  • You can also close down and tight mark the most uncomposed central defender and show him to his weaker foot
Match Results, League Tables & Fixtures: Tottenham
Holidayed Tottenham (no signings of players or staff, holidayed from day one)

View attachment 216729View attachment 216728View attachment 216727View attachment 216720View attachment 216719View attachment 216730

Top performers:
View attachment 216726View attachment 216725View attachment 216724View attachment 216723View attachment 216722View attachment 216721View attachment 216718

Match Results, League Tables & Fixtures:
Juventus

Played the first 10 games or so then holidayed (signings were made)

View attachment 216735View attachment 216736View attachment 216737View attachment 216738View attachment 216739View attachment 216740View attachment 216741View attachment 216742View attachment 216743View attachment 216744View attachment 216745View attachment 216746View attachment 216747View attachment 216748View attachment 216749View attachment 216750View attachment 216751View attachment 216734View attachment 216733View attachment 216731View attachment 216732View attachment 216752

Aresenal

Still playing the save at the moment

View attachment 216774View attachment 216758View attachment 216757View attachment 216756View attachment 216755View attachment 216754View attachment 216753View attachment 216759View attachment 216760View attachment 216773View attachment 216772View attachment 216771View attachment 216770View attachment 216769View attachment 216768View attachment 216767View attachment 216766View attachment 216765View attachment 216764View attachment 216763View attachment 216762View attachment 216761

Fulham

Holidayed not very far in though as I started my new Tottenham save (no signings of players or staff except Welbeck on loan, holidayed from day one) Had 2 games in hand when the SS was taken, if I won them both I would have been top by 2 points

View attachment 216786View attachment 216785View attachment 216784View attachment 216783View attachment 216782View attachment 216781View attachment 216780View attachment 216775

Top performers:

View attachment 216788View attachment 216787View attachment 216779View attachment 216778View attachment 216777View attachment 216776View attachment 216778

Tottenham

My current save at the moment!

View attachment 216789View attachment 216790View attachment 216791View attachment 216792View attachment 216793View attachment 216794View attachment 216795View attachment 216796

Match Results, League Tables & Fixtures: Others
A few different teams I tested it with (all holidayed and no signings were made)

View attachment 216801View attachment 216802View attachment 216803View attachment 216804View attachment 216805View attachment 216806View attachment 216807View attachment 216808View attachment 216809View attachment 216810View attachment 216800View attachment 216799View attachment 216797View attachment 216798View attachment 216811

Suggested Player types:

Goalkeeper:
Good old fashioned Keeper normal shot stopper etc
(Maarten Stekelenburg, De Gea, Cech)

Full Backs:
Good on defense and positioning, high work rate, good marking, plus: good at running with ball and passing/crossing
(
Schwaab, Fucile, Jonathan, Gabriel Silva)

Centrebacks:

Composed and determined, pacey and good anticipation is a must
(Ferdinand, Kjaer)

Defensive Midfielder:
Good stamina, work rate, tackling, strength teamwork, passing and positioning, good old fashioned Centre Defensive mid:
(Mascherano, Ognjen Vukojevic, Yann M'Vila)

Advanced Playmaker:

Centre Mid Left:

Creative passer, good dribbling & first touch, good off the ball and technique and decisions are a must! Flair!
(Modric, Van Der Vaar, Eriksen, Yttergard Jennsen)

Deep lying playmaker:

Centre Mid Right:

Good passing, creativity, first touch, off the ball, strength, anticipation!
(Moutinho, Carrick, Pirlo)

Inside Forwards:
Extremely quick, agile, determined good decision makers, high flair and dribbling and crossing. Good off the ball movement, stamina are also very important. Composure and finishing really helpful to!
(Hulk, Willian, Di Maria)

Striker:

Poacher, quick and good at finishing, off the ball.
(Hernandez, Lavezzi, Welbeck, Pato)

The background to the tactic:

Ever since Fm11 many members have been asking me to recreate the Perfect 433 tactic I made, I decided to make it again this year but with a little twist: There were a few idea's etc rolling around and eventually I managed to integrate all the seperate components I was working on being:

1. Designing a good/solid 433
  2. Implementing the new roles I have created into the system while working perfectly together as a whole
  3. A new style of football (similar to the way Real Madrid play to an extent)
  4. Operating defensively just as much as attacking which is paramount in all of my tactics, not worrying about how many CCC's I create, just winning games (even though it creates on average around 3-4 :))
New Roles:
The Modric Role The Pirlo Role The Makelele Role The Hulk Role (excluding his long shots) The Hernandez Role (already made in older tactics)

Match Prep:
  • High to Very High: teamwork during pre-season.
  • Low Defending Positioning during season
  • Low: Attacking Movement For extra goals
(the reason why you need to leave it low during the season (when it is at least 3/4 of the way fluid) is that it takes a substantial amount of the training percentage away from the player so player progression is not affected as much)

Important Notes:

• Pitch dimensions: Maximum or Standard
  • This tactic will only be effective if the three attacking players (as well as the AP) are extremely quick! Fullbacks that are quick add a different dimension as well especially if you use the shout: "look for overlap"
  • This will not work for all teams and I have not tested it properly with smaller lower league teams! If you have quick players as mentioned above it should work like a charm! you might miss chances at lower leagues but hopefully you will create them!
  • Teaching the Dlp to switch balls to opposite flanks is also beneficial and the Ap to attack through middle and play killer balls
  • Opposite footed wingers are extremely beneficial (right footed winger on the left and left footed winger on the right)
  • The skin I am using: PlainSkin
Please note:

The Complete Forward and Poacher are exactly the same settings, If you have a player like Rooney or Damiao or Doumbia then use CF if you have a striker like Walcott, Pato or Welbeck use Poacher!

For smaller teams and playing against bigger teams:

drop the defensive line to deep and change to counter attack! dont use hassle opponents and use clear ball to flanks shouts and play more direct, make those changes and you will see a big difference (thats another away version I use)

Strategy and Philosophy:

Control is suited better for most games! I change to attacking for smaller teams and counter to bigger teams and drop the defensive line to deep and play more direct
smile.gif

New improved settings (free scoring):

Set philosophy to Counter, use the above mentioned touchline shouts but include:

Play wider, Look for overlap, get ball forward!
4:0 vs Everton, 6:1 vs M.Haifa and 5:0 vs Norwich three games in a row! will update with SS tomorrow (Norwich game may be wrong, but it was something like that)

Last edited:
Considering i like the song and i like your tactics, i shall probably give this a go ;)

Looks very impressive, I'll be sure to give it a go.

Gareth Bale at full back? Madness!

I will definitely try it, as your tactics never seem to disappoint. :)

thanks guys, as I said, I normally like to test it out with smaller teams (even though its not meant for them) to really test the tactic :) Mk Dons I got to 4th or 5th after about 15 games or so (on holiday)

Its mostly for larger teams as the positions like the Dlp and the Ap will be hard to source for smaller teams...

Kris, I moved Bale to the Aml position in my current Tottenham save (got 3 assists in it compared to 0 in like 6 previously at left back) the SS above was left back, 18 assists from your left back is not that bad :)

I look forward to any comments regarding the tactic :) thank you for your time

thanks guys, as I said, I normally like to test it out with smaller teams (even though its not meant for them) to really test the tactic :) Mk Dons I got to 4th or 5th after about 15 games or so (on holiday)

Its mostly for larger teams as the positions like the Dlp and the Ap will be hard to source for smaller teams...

Kris, I moved Bale to the Aml position in my current Tottenham save (got 3 assists in it compared to 0 in like 6 previously at left back) the SS above was left back, 18 assists from your left back is not that bad :)

I look forward to any comments regarding the tactic :) thank you for your time

I'm going to try it , hope it is better than koflok .... no offence koflok .

Where on earth do you come up with these names? Lol.

Another good looking tactic mate.

lol, I honestly was just going to call it 433 Dm by Raikan007 but then I felt like spicing it up and 1 second later Swoop there it is popped up, the wingers do swoop in for the kill like Eagles (that is where the connection comes from)

hahahaha

if you request any other SS please let me know.

Anyone have any feedback yet?

Hi Raikan,
Ive been playing Bale at LB too!
I am having issues with my Spurs team. VdV and Modric simply are not performing. I have been playing a 4-2-3-1 to try and accomodate for them and Hazard (who has been good). If I try this tactic, how can I get Modric to perform? Can he and Hazard play together? VdV to be sold?

Hi Raikan,
Ive been playing Bale at LB too!
I am having issues with my Spurs team. VdV and Modric simply are not performing. I have been playing a 4-2-3-1 to try and accomodate for them and Hazard (who has been good). If I try this tactic, how can I get Modric to perform? Can he and Hazard play together? VdV to be sold?

hey mate,

if you use this tactic play Bale at left back, play Hazard as the Aml and I rotate Modric and Rafael in the Ap slot (cml) as Rafael cant play 50 games a season and gets injured quite often! Modric plays really well in this position as I made it around his style of play :)

Put it as one of your 3 tactics and let it get fluid while you use your other tactics and give it a try in a game or two if you like? you dont have to use it outright :) well you can if you want!

Really appreciate it bud. Saves me the 30mil I was going to spend on Hulk to play AML, as I just spent a **** load on Damaio to play up top. Damaio doesnt really fit your description but just paid decent coin for him
I have Badelj as the DLP and Sandro as the DM (but would love M'Vila).

As somebody who has used your tactics/shortlists for a couple years, I just wanted to say thanks

Hey mate just downloaded your tactic and saw that you have poacher instead of the complete forward that you displayed on the opening post. Does it matter if I played with complete forward or poacher. Also would fluid attack be better than fluid control

Hi mate :)
I using 12.0.4 patch will it work on it ?

download comenced, will post back. although i usualy forget to do so :)
P.S. That reminds to go back, retrieve some of the success with might and magic and post them in the thread.

I will try out this tactic with Rangers as i'm just about to start a new game anyway will post updates when i hit january