Real Madrid to Sign Benfica Star Angel Di Maria?

oneflyride

Reaction score

The Merengues seem to have won the race for the gifted youngster...

The 22-year-old midfielder has been courted by some of Europe's biggest clubs after an impressive season at the Estadio da Luz in which he has been Benfica's main provider in the league with 11 assists.

Chelsea and Manchester City are also believed to be tracking Di Maria, but reports in Argentina claim Real Madrid have landed their man for €34,5 million, a transfer fee record in Portugal.

Rumours concerning Di Maria's exit from Benfica have intensified after the Portuguese club signed Nicolas Gaitan from Boca Juniors on Monday.

Di Maria, who has been included in Argentina boss Diego Maradona's list for the World Cup in South Africa, joined Benfica from Rosario Central in 2007 for €8 million.

Source : http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spai...adrid-sign-benfica-star-angel-di-maria-report

Last edited:
WTF
34.5 million
you gotta be kidding me
they'll be no one left for United to buy

Lets be honest Man utd wouldn't have been able to afford 34 million anyway....

Suppose so
I remember hearing they wanted 15-20 plus Nani
**** that noise

WTF
34.5 million
you gotta be kidding me
they'll be no one left for United to buy
i wouldnt want him at 34.5 million, but the seems the cancer that is real madrid keeps on signing, i wonder who they will decide is surplus this summer from their squad

we dont need a left winger any way nani starting to shine and valencia so dont need him we need some who can score beside the king rooney

If this is true the RIP Di Marias career

WHAT UNITED NEED to sign anyone is this .....
shirtss0910.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

people €34.5 MILLION

IS... £23 MILLION

Well, Benfica lost a big star here, but granted loads of money... Anyway, we wouldn't hold him for much longer. Nowadays, the portuguese football is just a good place to jump to European bigger clubs, e.g. Nani, Anderson, Ronaldo, Pepe, R. Carvalho, Bosingwa, Simao, Deco, etc. Besides, I think Gaitan can handle the task of replacing him. However, the only way he is worth 35M is for the immense potential he has, as today he is just a very good player, the king of assists, the player who currently gives portuguese football some show, but not worth that amount. Just disappointed he won't be in his last game due to a stupid yellow card (5th in the season) in his last game, against Porto. Wish him the best of luck, and hope to say, in the future, that one of the best players in the world was shown to Europe was playing at Benfica.

people €34.5 MILLION

IS... £23 MILLION

no its about 29,350,000, which is a lot of money for him

He's over rated and the worst diver i've seen in some time (excluding Drogba). If they do get him, where will he play? Replace Ronaldo? Kaka? ...

i wonder who they will decide is surplus this summer from their squad

Its funny, I had the same thought. They chucked Sneijder and Robben and now both are readying themselves to go to the Champions League final, ironically, in the Bernabeu. You can't predict that kind of stuff!

Its funny, I had the same thought. They chucked Sneijder and Robben and now both are readying themselves to go to the Champions League final, ironically, in the Bernabeu. You can't predict that kind of stuff!
I'd of thought Van Der Vaart,Raul, Gago,Drenthe,Diarra,Dudek will be surplus. 4 of those players were signed for a large amount less than 3, perhaps even 2 years ago. All have quality and will walk into most teams

I think that he will end up in the epl with man city, arsenal or spurs

Wasn't the rumour thread started to prevent ***** like this?

Last edited: